The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #10 (Games) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 106 comments
Can I get some clarification on what qualifies as a vintage race car then? The only vintage car that is specified "Race Car" in the name is the Ford MKIV. Surely the Alfa TZ2 and Shelby Daytona would qualify correct? What about the Jags? I can absolutely see how the base '71 CSL would be considered a road car, but the '73 w/wide body, roll cage, and batmobile tail looks nearly identical to a GR.2 CSL.
In the garage, you can choose "racing car" in car type. And you have for example P4, XJ13, A220, TZ2, Maserati Spyder, Daytona, 917K and probably more

Awkward…

I really liked mine until I went to post it and saw Krisduv’s. 😂

I made this specifically for the bonus shots where I was trying to create the same look as in game, which is why the car is black and not yellow and why I’m keeping the entry.

Last edited:
Awkward…

I really liked mine until I went to post it and saw Krisduv’s. 😂

I made this specifically for the bonus shots where I was trying to create the same look as in game, which is why the car is black and not yellow and why I’m keeping the entry.
I think going with the black livery is the right move. It looks very good and mine feels a bit too much "look at me" in comparison.

I think going with the black livery is the right move. It looks very good and mine feels a bit too much "look at me" in comparison.
It's interesting to see how two people approached the same concept from different perspectives.
Yours is very much the car if it was advertising the game on a race car.
I wanted to make a car that might be in the game itself.
It's good that they're complete opposites.

Last edited:
How about one of the oldest board games ever - backgammon. I really don't play much else in the way of video games. We play a version of Yahtzee with our friends we call Shotzee, where anytime someone rolls a Yahtzee everyone takes a shot. But occasionally my wife and I will play some backgammon. So that's my inspiration. The flatness of the Jag really lends itself well to a board game design. I'm pretty happy with it overall, though I'll likely continue to modify it slightly. I was also able to get a Round'ish Four in as the doubling cube!

Download here:
Backgammon Jag

Can I get some clarification on what qualifies as a vintage race car then? The only vintage car that is specified "Race Car" in the name is the Ford MKIV. Surely the Alfa TZ2 and Shelby Daytona would qualify correct? What about the Jags? I can absolutely see how the base '71 CSL would be considered a road car, but the '73 w/wide body, roll cage, and batmobile tail looks nearly identical to a GR.2 CSL.
Only reading now the first page, I was about to say the '73 CSL with wide body was imo actually perfect for a "classic race car"!

But your Jag is absolutely amazing!

Last edited:
GAMES
full

THIS MONTH'S THEME

It's time for some blink-blinks. Last winner @996rick chose this theme which was originally proposed by @daan for GTS LEC #29. Let's recap what daan said about this theme:

"Everyone likes a game. Computer game or board game, the choice is yours. Fan of Pong? Mario or Sonic? Lara Croft or Nathan Whatsisface? Monopoly, Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit? Lets see a livery based on a game."

Please read the rules below to make sure you don't miss anything when you post your entry, as ignoring them can get you disqualified.

CARS:
  • Group Racing Cars
  • VGTs with a wing
  • Open Wheelers
  • Vintage Racing Cars
  • Touring Cars

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY:
  • Allowed

LIVERIES:
  • Original video or board game designs

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • The featured game can not be a racing game

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • None

USER MADE DECALS:
  • Allowed

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilise edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following month’s theme.
  • Winners cannot enter their own theme!
  • The organisers may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION
  • All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures).
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below.
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler ([SPOILER]...[/SPOILER]) with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else).
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY (see above) mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry, but please put all additional images in a spoiler. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Do not attach your phots directly to your entry post.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing of any entry image is allowed.
  • Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES
  • You have to post a front and a rear quarter view of your car:
    • Mandatory Scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5)
    • Focal Length: ~80mm ±5mm
    • Aperture: f5.6 or f8.0
    • Shutter Speed: 1/1 Second
    • Exposure Correction: +0.5 to +1.0
  • Do not use any Filters or Effects at all and only the camera setting above within the allowed limits; the pictures are supposed to be as equal as possible for all entries and not give anyone who is a bit more savvy with the Scapes Camera an advantage! Try to stay as close as possible to how the video shows the shot to be taken!

NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition the camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me, Matski or any other participant you feel comfortable reaching out to.

PLEASE NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified. If your entry doesn’t match the rules you will be made aware of it at least once, so please keep an eye out for any notifications reaching your profile.

DEADLINE

October 14th 2022 - 23:59 UTC

Hey the guidesare great - but call me dumb - where do I find the alleged "media section" in this livery competition forum. Can't spot it and none of your screen shots show where it is to get to it?????

Where do I add my media. None of the attached guides show you how to get to the "Add Media " button when in this Livery Competition 10 forum....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey the guidesare great - but call me dumb - where do I find the alleged "media section" in this livery competition forum. Can't spot it and none of your screen shots show where it is to get to it?????

Where do I add my media. None of the attached guides show you how to get to the "Add Media " button when in this Livery Competition 10 forum....
It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
It's also linked in every "Step 1" of the instructions.

GAMES
full

THIS MONTH'S THEME

It's time for some blink-blinks. Last winner @996rick chose this theme which was originally proposed by @daan for GTS LEC #29. Let's recap what daan said about this theme:

"Everyone likes a game. Computer game or board game, the choice is yours. Fan of Pong? Mario or Sonic? Lara Croft or Nathan Whatsisface? Monopoly, Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit? Lets see a livery based on a game."

Please read the rules below to make sure you don't miss anything when you post your entry, as ignoring them can get you disqualified.

CARS:
  • Group Racing Cars
  • VGTs with a wing
  • Open Wheelers
  • Vintage Racing Cars
  • Touring Cars

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY:
  • Allowed

LIVERIES:
  • Original video or board game designs

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • The featured game can not be a racing game

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • None

USER MADE DECALS:
  • Allowed

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilise edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following month’s theme.
  • Winners cannot enter their own theme!
  • The organisers may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION
  • All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures).
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below.
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler ([SPOILER]...[/SPOILER]) with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else).
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY (see above) mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry, but please put all additional images in a spoiler. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Do not attach your phots directly to your entry post.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing of any entry image is allowed.
  • Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES
  • You have to post a front and a rear quarter view of your car:
    • Mandatory Scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5)
    • Focal Length: ~80mm ±5mm
    • Aperture: f5.6 or f8.0
    • Shutter Speed: 1/1 Second
    • Exposure Correction: +0.5 to +1.0
  • Do not use any Filters or Effects at all and only the camera setting above within the allowed limits; the pictures are supposed to be as equal as possible for all entries and not give anyone who is a bit more savvy with the Scapes Camera an advantage! Try to stay as close as possible to how the video shows the shot to be taken!

NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition the camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me, Matski or any other participant you feel comfortable reaching out to.

PLEASE NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified. If your entry doesn’t match the rules you will be made aware of it at least once, so please keep an eye out for any notifications reaching your profile.

DEADLINE

October 14th 2022 - 23:59 UTC

It's also linked in every "Step 1" of the instructions.
Thank you so much Nuschel01.

Hope this is how I post my competition entries.. Guides were not easy to follow as a first time entrant....
You're the first one to say so :scared:

Nice livery, but unfortunately not on a car eligible for this competition :(

It's the road car Cayman GT4 :scared:
No. This is the Group 4 Porsche. If you want I can screen shot from PS5 showing the actual label

It is the car that competes in the GR4 Class in GT7

EDIT: My sincere apologies. You are right. I picked the wrong Cayman.... aaaaahhhhhhhh stupid me...

Starts work on livery
Double checks allowed cars
Much swearing ensues
Yeah. I accidentally selected the wrong cayman... I now have a road and track livery version of my livery....

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to return to the LECs :D
-Just don't want to see a great entry DQ'd.

-Just don't want to see a great entry DQ'd.
Ohh... Ok then!... I'll move everything 👍

FINAL ENTRY

full
full
full
PS4 BASE

Porsche D-VA Overwatch 911 RSR '17​

GTS>GT7 Transfer. Let's imagine, in some kind of weird marketing move, Blizzard and Porsche unite together to bring off one special livery colaboration to celebrate both the launch of the 911 RSR and the 1-year anniversary of Overwatch, and the lucky one who drew the long stick was D-VA... The result is this! A livery based on Overwatch's most popular girl and Porsche's late 90's Mobil 1 liveries 👍

Last edited:
Back