Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
POLYPHONY DIGITAL
full

Image courtesy of @ro_har_

THIS MONTH'S THEME

It's time to honour those who gave us Gran Turismo! Last winner @krisduv chose this theme which was originally proposed by @Cytoria for GTS LEC #78. Let's recap what Cytoria said about this theme:

"Since we've made cars for GTPlanet or various companies, we've nerver have had to create cars for the very own Polyphony team."

Please read the rules below to make sure you don't miss anything when you post your entry, as ignoring them can get you disqualified.

CARS:
  • Any

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY:
  • Allowed

LIVERIES:
  • Original or replica desgins

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • The main sponsor of the livery must be Polyphony Digital.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • Anywhere in Japan

USER MADE DECALS:
  • Allowed

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilise edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following month’s theme.
  • Winners cannot enter their own theme!
  • The organisers may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION
  • All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures).
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below.
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler ([SPOILER]...[/SPOILER]) with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else).
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY (see above) mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry, but please put all additional images in a spoiler. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Do not attach your phots directly to your entry post.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing of any entry image is allowed.
  • Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES
  • You have to post a front and a rear quarter view of your car:
    • Mandatory Scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5)
    • Focal Length: ~80mm ±5mm
    • Aperture: f5.6 or f8.0
    • Shutter Speed: 1/1 Second
    • Exposure Correction: +0.5 to +1.0
  • Do not use any Filters or Effects at all and only the camera setting above within the allowed limits; the pictures are supposed to be as equal as possible for all entries and not give anyone who is a bit more savvy with the Scapes Camera an advantage! Try to stay as close as possible to how the video shows the shot to be taken!

NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition the camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me, Matski or any other participant you feel comfortable reaching out to.

PLEASE NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified. If your entry doesn’t match the rules you will be made aware of it at least once, so please keep an eye out for any notifications reaching your profile.

DEADLINE

Decmeber 14th 2022 - 23:59 UTC

I have never won (second once) and probably never will. but do you have to choose a suggested theme or can you choose any if you win?

I have never won (second once) and probably never will. but do you have to choose a suggested theme or can you choose any if you win?

Currently, 3 themes are drawn at random, and the winner gets to choose one of them. It obviously used to be the case that the winner picks the theme, but then wasn't able to compete. This way, the winner still gets to enter, and it also means that everyone's ideas for themes have a chance of being featured.

Coming up with a theme was hard!

Anyhow, if you want to submit themes to be added to the list... check out this post https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...or-competitions-new-poll.410068/post-13791816 and that's also the thread to use for suggestions and comments about the format of the LEC's.

Currently, 3 themes are drawn at random, and the winner gets to choose one of them. It obviously used to be the case that the winner picks the theme, but then wasn't able to compete. This way, the winner still gets to enter, and it also means that everyone's ideas for themes have a chance of being featured.

Coming up with a theme was hard!

Anyhow, if you want to submit themes to be added to the list... check out this post https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...or-competitions-new-poll.410068/post-13791816 and that's also the thread to use for suggestions and comments about the format of the LEC's.
@AlexWilmot here's that form I was talking about...

For those with a better motorsport knowledge than me - can anyone remind me what the french lmp team that ran playstation/gran turismo 4 (iirc) sponsorship was?

Thinking of reworking that as a possible new hypercar livery

Last edited:
This one may end up being a place holder. I've worked it, reworked it, torn it down and started completely over... and have finally got to a place where I mostly, kinda like it. Not sure if I’ll get around to doing something else, or just leave it like it is.

Last edited:
Not really having much time lately so I've recycled an existing livery for this contest.
There's not really much to say about this, just hope it gets some votes again

Decided on a celestial theme for the Hyundai VGT; felt it was fitting both with the futuristic aesthetic of the car and a nod to Polyphony's love of astral accuracy in the PS3 games. Reflex Spice also makes for a good Aurora Borealis effect I think.
Very nice! Did you add a black fade towards the rear of the car? Looks awesome!

I didn't really have much of an original idea for this one, my thought was similar to krisduv but worse 😂

Then watching Japan triumph in the world cup last night I decided on a Polyphony Digital/ Japan kit mash up on an iconic Gran Turismo car.

Back