The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #17 (Your Heroes) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 49 comments
FINAL ENTRY

full

full

full

Just something from my livery archive this time, no time to make something new with exams coming up :D

Ueo is probably one of my favourite D1 drivers of all time, the way he was driving the wheels off of his AE86 against cars with triple the horsepower will forever be amazing to watch :bowdown:

Right then. If the clue I gave in my first post wasn't obvious, I decided to use this opportunity to pay tribute to one of the most inspirational, and most friendly, drivers and sportsmen I've ever had the honour to meet. Alex Zanardi.

Using the 2015 Spa 24 Michel Vaillant car as a starting point, I chose to illustrate the car with 3 of Zanardi's most noteworthy successes, in a style that mimics Jean Graton's Vailliant illustrations.

On the bonnet, there is a tribute to Zanardi's 2012 Paralympic success in the hand-cycling disciplines, earning him 2 gold medals, and 1 silver medal. Along the left hand-hand side, I chose to reference Zanardi's first race win upon returning to racing from his accident. This win came at the wheel of a BMW 320i touring car in the WTCC, when after defending challenges from Jorg Muller and Andy Priaulx he crossed the line in first place, to be greeted by almost unanimous cheer and congratulation up and down the pit lane. On the right flank of the car, his first CART title for Chip Ganassi, in the iconic red Target livery.

The car is presented as though it's the reveal livery for a generic european GT racing series, but I've assumed it would be run by Zanardi's friend and touring car legend, Roberto Ravaglia.

Zanardi was involved in a near fatal cycling accident in June 2020, suffering near fatal injuries. His progress since this accident has been kept close to the family.

I'll talk more about this livery in my own livery thread, with more pictures, and I'll probably post some pictures, and videos that make me cry when I watch them.

Since I don't really have a racing hero and I love Ken Block's crazy viral videos, I decided to give him a tribute.

I had to go full Bill and Ted on this WILD STALLION to fit man himself. Purist should close their eyes as Ken Block's Hoonigan hotrods a salvaged F40. A fluorescent lime was the chosen undercoat and some custom logos for the branding.

The F43 HooninFarina

Since I don't really have a racing hero and I love Ken Block's crazy viral videos, I decided to give him a tribute.

I had to go full Bill and Ted on this WILD STALLION to fit man himself. Purist should close their eyes as Ken Block's Hoonigan hotrods a salvaged F40. A fluorescent lime was the chosen undercoat and some custom logos for the branding.

The F43 HooninFarina
Great minds think alike, kind of.
Didn't want to see the Hero LEC pass without Ken Block getting some representation.
Now he has two entries at opposite ends of the spectrum.
As it should be.
Mine takes inspiration from his Ford collaborations.

A few years latter a girl I was was tutoring asked me about the picture on my laptop and what it meant. We became friends and for my birthday she gave me a model car of the exact one Fernando had crashed in front of me. I burst into tears that she took so much notice of the story I had shared with her and because of how much that car meant to me. A couple of years latter, I married her.
I just read this while collecting the poll entries and I gotta say this is one of the best love stories I've ever heard :D
She's a keeper :cheers:

Stephen Roche won the triple crown of cycling in 1987, Giro, Tour and World Championship, an incredible feat shared only with Eddy Merckx (the G.O.A.T.). In the Tour there was one iconic stage to La Plagne, climbing 4.5 Km vertically(!) over 3 mountains, when Roche chased down Delgado to set up the win 3 days later. I was a bike obsessed tweenie cycling the hills around Omagh, and watching the stage was one of those 'I can't believe it' moments only equalled a few years later when Micky Thomas scored a last minute winner to win the league :)

Article about the La Plagne stage in 1987

Phil Sherwin's classic commentary as Roche crosses the line and collapses from the exertion:

I will resist the temptation to rage about my livery eating PS4, after it ate 3 previous efforts (Hamilton's Lauda tribute livery (a 2 for 1 :)), Ben Keating and Slim Borgudd replicas) and ALL their backups, I just about clawed this one from it's overheating maw. Desperately hoping the next update fixes it.

Last edited:
Great minds think alike, kind of.
Didn't want to see the Hero LEC pass without Ken Block getting some representation.
Now he has two entries at opposite ends of the spectrum.
As it should be.
Mine takes inspiration from his Ford collaborations.
Hell yeah! Nice work man!

Back