The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #25 (Imposter Alert) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 119 comments
My other idea wasn't for the Beetle but was about the Bentley!
As I said before I wish I could have the "same" shape or at least some similarities in the name and so my first idea was related to Bugatti.

If we had a Gr.3 Bugatti I would have probably done a "British Racing Green Bentley Race Car inspired livery".

The Beetle never came to my mind so I'd like to congratulate you for that choice and the way you did it!
Thanks indeed. Fun fact: Bugatti is also a part of Volkswagen Group. Would have been nice to compare the Beetle to the Bug (atti).

As long as it doesn't just look like a parody Red Bull/Honda livery and it's NOT on a Honda, I'll allow it. Mainly because I'm intrigued to see what this would come out like! If it's just a semi-replica with swapped branding and colours it's not really original... ;)
Cheers, lol, you're absolutely right, I've tried it and... it isn't an original design, the cow and circle is just too close to the real thing, even if it does have cool flames in the circle :). I'm going to try a Lifan Hongda on a Honda but have something more original, I think that should fit the rules, but I've got another Chinese manufacturer in mind if that doesn't work out

Early doors and the flame gradient is mangled, but yeah, on the back-burner, my 'banned from competition' livery (as it would be IRL) :)

Last edited:
I don't understand how we participate
Looks like you've taken the photos correctly, but have posted the gallery, rather than the photo's individually.

Try following these guides...

Hi !

I would like to introduce you the "HoldImposter"...
Based on a full carbon '97 Supra GT500, I chose the Holden manufacturer, unfortunatly closed from early '21 and missing in GT7.

Most of you knows that Holden was part of the V8 Supercar Championship in Australia, along Ford.
I always loved this Championship and these cars, so I decided to inspire the livery from the last ones and with some local sponsors.

To stick to the "imposter" idea, I did not choose a real driver.
My mind when to "John DOE" and The Stig, but we all know who really is The Stig... 🤫

FINAL ENTRY
full

full

PS5 Raytracing
Bonus Pics
full

full

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
full

full

PS5 Raytracing
Bonus Pics
full

full

For a brand which is not in the game I choose Spyker, one of the very few carbrands from my country The Netherlands. It was a promising brand with a good customer base, but the owners wanted more and more. They even bought a Formula 1 team which was really bad lol. They went bankrupt unfortunately but for this challenge I made a racing team for a new Spyer, the C10. I used the colors of the flag and some typical Dutch car racing sponsor brands. It was a quickie but I kinda like it as new Dutch racing team.

Since I was a lazy mf that only sent out the draw of new themes today and didn't get a reply yet I'll extend this round until I have a new theme.
Sorry for the inconvenience :scared:

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base
When SAIC re-launched the MG brand in 2007, they announced that MG now stood for 'Modern Gentleman' (originally it was Morris Garage). Cue a bit of this :confused: in Western Media, but it wasn't the end of the world, they were aiming sales at Chinese consumers. They sold less than 350 cars per year for the next 4 years... and haven't mentioned 'Modern Gentleman' since the re-re-launch in 2011...but never officially dropped it.

Behind the scenes SAIC had commissioned the SouperK Design Lab to save the brand, and after a few delays (ahem), SKDL are proud to reveal the all new 'Modern Gentleman with the Junzi Hanzi at the front' concept. 🙏.

Anyway. Red yellow and jade are the 3 auspicious colours in China, 8 is a lucky number so octagons it was, and Junzi is the Chinese version of Gent, but older and cooler; Confucious 'aspired' to be a Junzi, because to a Junzi it would be arrogant to actually claim to be one. Humility, community over profit, prizing 'learning' etc; getting stuck in with the hoi polloi rather than 'rising above'.

Aaaanyway, thought the Suzuki had a bit of MG about it, stuck it in the Macau Gt cup, made it shiny then sticker-bombed it with Chinese sponsers like a few of the independent teams do in the Macau Touring Car event.

Since I was a lazy mf that only sent out the draw of new themes today and didn't get a reply yet I'll extend this round until I have a new theme.
Sorry for the inconvenience :scared:
I may actually get to make something then... potentially...

FINAL ENTRY

"Super Silhouette Series" SAAB SUPERTURBO " Nocturne Blue "

PS5 Raytracing

Did I also mention that the SUPERTURBO also comes in Imola Red? :)

Hey guys! Nice to you meet you all! This is my first time participating in LEC Challenge so I hope that I did everything right by the rules.

Huge props to @Nuschel01 for coming up a challenge that made me decided to join this community✌️

As a huge SAAB fanboy ofc I chose SAAB as the Manufacturer to satisfy my needs of having one in the game, even if it's just a fake one.

IMHO the R30 SS 's potential as a blank canvas is pretty amazing, as its simple boxy bodywork makes it less complicate to work on and I had such a blast making the livery!

also this is my first time seriously making a "Race car" livery so I'm still struggling with some things such as sponsor decal placement and layouts hope I did everything correctly💦.

The design is pretty much a homage\tribute to all things SAAB inspired from SAABs in the 80s to mid 90s era as I took a lot of inspiration from different SAAB elements.

I'll be really happy if anybody notices any of the references I included in the livery's design☺️.

So there you have it! The SAAB SUPER TURBO is here and ready to take on the Group 5!

▾▾▾LIVERY LINK▾▾▾

PS. @Nuschel01 Just to let you know, I only added word "Nocturne Blue" for the edit so I hope it's okay.

I also want to know if it's still okay to make any changes to one of the bonus image?

I just noticed that the non is showing the Roof\Trunk design so I would like to change it if it's possible. (I know... what a rookie mistake :'()

Last edited:
Back