Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
full

Featured liveries courtesy of @MMX ; @Azabear6 ; @Cytoria and @ghostrider135
THE THEME

For the second time, we are celebrating our competition anniversary!

Two years ago, @syntex123 launched the GT Planet Livery Editor Competition. We are now in the 51th round and we have seee more than a thousand entries through this journey.

It's now time to celebrate our beloved website again, this special place which allows us to gather and have fun together. When we were preparing this theme, however, one change appeared : we wanted @Jordan to be involved in the process and to design a theme for him!

So here is what he said :

"I would prefer to see liveries for a class of cars. Gr.3 has always felt like the "core" class in GT Sport, so that would be my choice. I think it would be great for the community to have a wide range of high-quality Gr.3 GTPlanet liveries to choose from, so if the liveries were "Sport Mode friendly", I think that would be a plus.

In the previous competitions I have always been torn between the most "creative" liveries and the most "realistic". I think (hope!) that adding some constraints like this will make it easier to be just a bit more objective about judging the whole thing."

You can check the previous threads to remember or discover what we did in the previous events (sorry from some broken images or links).
First competition thread / First competition poll
Second competition thread / Second competition poll

So have fun and be creative with these racing beasts!

:gtpflag:

CARS :
- Gr.3 cars only.

LIVERIES :
- No Restrictions

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- The main sponsor of the livery must be GTPlanet.
- You can use these existing GTPlanet decals
- The livery must be "Sport Mode Compatible", but you can use any numberplate you want.
Sport Mode and GT League events use the Number Plate type 01 with mandatory placement. If you draw a custom number plate on your livery or place sponsors randomly, they may end up half-covered or not covered at all which will make it looks weird. We usually say « Sport mode compatible » or « Sport mode friendly » when the custom number plate and sponsors are placed where the GT plate type 01 will fit without denaturing the overall design. It’s easy on some cars but very hard on others (the 911 RSR for example has a very small type 01, or the Corvette has it in the middle of the door).

BONUS PICTURES SETTINGS :
- No Restrictions.
- You can have up to 3 bonus pictures

USER MADE DECALS :
- Allowed.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 4 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

If it's your first entry or if you struggle with the picture settings, have a look at the tutorials below :
WHITE SANDS 1

WHITE SANDS 9

SHIRETOKO 3

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE :

April 5, 2020 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

The competition will last for three weeks, allowing for a wide range of contestants to enter. Then the poll will last for a week, and Jordan will have to pick the winner among the three best liveries selected by the community.

Last edited:
Useful advices :

- Please read all the rules before entering the competition.

- If you are not familiar with our LEC, you should play the video tutorials explaining the settings for the mandatory pictures.
- If you still struggle with this, feel free to send me a DM. If you provide the link to you livery, we can even take these pictures for you.

- The best way to post your pictures is using the GTPlanet Media gallery. It’s free, the quality of the pictures is not degraded, and it’s easier for the host to create the final poll. The link to the method is in the first post.

- If you're not sure about the Sport Mode compatibility, just use the Numberplate Type 01 from the game and it will be fine!

- If you want to quicky find some decals you are looking for, use this website, it is far more efficient than the in-game engine of even the gran-turismo.com website.

- Feel free to ask any questions here : just like the other sections of this site, there is always be a bunch of nice guys happy to help!

I will update this post if more useful advices are added during the thread.

I have two ideas for this.
Will try them both (deleted...LOL) and see what I think works best.

Last edited:
Work on mine is all coming together nicely so far, considering doing a matching suit and version of my personal helmet design aswell which won't take long at all tbh.

Thinking of adding an Alternative version.
Would give the GT Planet site a two car team for anyone who wanted to tackle the GT3 dailies.

Work on mine is all coming together nicely so far, considering doing a matching suit and version of my personal helmet design aswell which won't take long at all tbh.

Oh no, and now I'll be adding matching helmet and overalls.

Thinking of adding an Alternative version.
Would give the GT Planet site a two car team for anyone who wanted to tackle the GT3 dailies.

Oh no, and now I'll be adding matching helmet and overalls.

An alternative colour scheme is something that would be dead easy to do once the original is completed.

An alternative colour scheme is something that would be dead easy to do once the original is completed.

Yeah and I had toyed with the idea of doing it the other way.
I can convert the original over this evening.

Thank you, @Cytoria, and good luck to everyone! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

:gtpflag:

How do you feel about a 2 car GT Planet BMW M6 team?

Last edited by a moderator:
FINAL ENTRY

(more to be added when I get time)

via
Massive thanks to @Cytoria who’s helped me with this entry. I really can’t thank him enough for all the help, I’m really not a photoist and so having really nice pictures makes a huge difference!

This is design is building on my previous design, developing from a single main sponsor to two. With GTP taking the title sponsorship and DHL moving back.
I’m really happy with how it turned out to be honest. I’ve been struggling to come up with ideas and this one came together very naturally within an few hours I’d got 90% of the finished design.

...and of course, it had to be an R8

Happy Birthday LEC!

As this is my first year to force you looking at my liveries I'm very thankful to this community. Have quiet learned a few things about something I didn't even expected to care about too much half a year ago.
I decided to celebrate the B-Day with an gtplanet livery in my original Davidoff scheme. The Lexus RC-Fs are one of my favourite cars in the GT3 class, as I like the exotic image (in Europe) of it and the NA V8.
I'm really curious, if we see the next years celebration still on GTS or if we have move forward to PS5/GT7!

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Link
Alt version

I initially struggled to think of a car to pick but settled on the Porsche as it tends to be a good canvas and tends to be one of the strong cars in group 3 for both daily and FIA rounds. With an already strong colour pallet for the livery I set to it choosing secondary sponsors and tyre suppliers appropriate to GTSport. I also thought it would be a cool idea to do a second 'dark' alternate version available for download as well as a version of my helmet design in standard and GTPlanet colours.

Also see if you can spot the little Easter eggs on the car!

Standard Helmet
GTP colours

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
GTP 458 GT3

Last edited:
Back