The GTPlanet Livery Editor Competition (Gr.3 Edition) - Winner: NBDESIGNZ

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 286 comments
I updated my entry pics. I had been in too much of a hurry to make the deadline, and had to work around a GT Planet server crash. I also added my other designs and cars to my gallery. Here are a couple from the guys who didn't make the cut. You can probably see the family resemblance. And they came out better than the Astons did before my PS4 started acting up. Now, to get to bed, and then see about that McLaren in the morning...

Last edited by a moderator:
seeing all of these "team cars" makes me want to do the same but I don't know how about I would go with doing so, haha. Great job so far everyone!

Yeah, so this alternate version/team mate idea quickly seemed to be becoming a thing. Thought I'd join in too :).

I took a few notes whilst doing the colour swap after I started to lose the will to go on :crazy:.
Turns out this is the first time I've maxed out the layers on the body section. 99 layers for the "Matrix" code (and a few Easter eggs hidden in there for fun :D), 50 layers for sponsor decals...including these guys :gtpflag::cheers:...12 layers for the WRS number boards and the remaining 139 layers for the red and blue patterning/stripes, secondary coloured parts (black on the alt version) and masking.

The rest were pretty average,
bonnet 37, mirrors 12, wing 24 and other 67.

A total of 211 decals had to be recoloured/replaced for a simple black for white colour swap :eek:

Last edited:
So, I’ll start the polls now.

First poll will include the 1st to 26th entry (from Racerx_34 to Kelmac, post 134).
Second poll will include 27th to 52th enfry (from Azabear to NBDEDIGNZ).
You’ll have 3 votes for each poll.

Top ten of each poll will reach the finale.
Once again, you’ll have 3 votes, and Jordan will choose the winner among the 3 on the podium.

If we have a draw on the first polls, there will be no tiebreaker : all of the cars will go to the finale.

The first polls will last 5 days, ending on Monday. The finale will last from Tuesday to Sunday evening.

I’ve followed the trend and made a dark teammate version too...

Made also an inverted livery. Still making that one better with a carbon striping. What a hell of a job is that.

Didn't made the correct photos but you can download it already

Attachments

• FBC6B2B8-2D76-4036-A1D7-B04B26A06963.png
    FBC6B2B8-2D76-4036-A1D7-B04B26A06963.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 15
Since everybody now put alternative color and event pretty much done (move to polling), here's me still have headache with binned entry and final entry :lol:

20200410040923.jpg

20200410040915.jpg

Black Topo link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/2197694/1/6494833945777012736

for original entry my personal problem is on how to connect front to back that originally front is total white without any blue while back is just blue that pretty much done. When I tried make it more simple in front it just not work at all just like something missing. Also roof area for me just not that connect with other area, I dunno I still conflicted see that till now.

For the one I was trying to make to replace but cancelled is the file is svg itself that just too big, and cutting lot area just annoy me too much so I only manage 4 area. Then make it look visible while not distract the branding is another problem, I can make the topo little bit black but no good if look from far -_-

Well personally I trying look how far I can push but look alike pretty much messy for me.

- - END OF THE COMPETITION - -​

Thanks everyone for your participation.
I'm so glad that we reached such a number : 52 entries!

I'm happy to see so many great names of the LEC we've got to know throught these two years, among with new people which enter for the first time (or even registered here just for this competition).
@trucky ; @Emilius_73 ; @BreakmasterVF ; @sanrensho ; @TommyKaeselau ; @DaveP95 ; @Marfless ; @Pezzarinho17 ; @Lsdesigns ; @Barboosa ; @B.O.B ; @TeamCZRRacing ; @AMPMROCKETFANN ; @Jo_2716 ; @Tenacious D ; @Bungabine : 16 brand new contenders, thanks for coming in!

I will also add another thank to all the contestants, because in the vast majority, you've followed the rules just perfectly for your entry presentation, and that saved me a lot of time creating the polls.

But here we go, it's time to vote!

POLL (1/2): The GTPlanet Livery Editor Competition (Gr.3 Edition)

POLL (2/2): The GTPlanet Livery Editor Competition (Gr.3 Edition)

- - END OF THE COMPETITION - -​

Thanks everyone for your participation.
I'm so glad that we reached such a number : 52 entries!

I'm happy to see so many great names of the LEC we've got to know throught these two years, among with new people which enter for the first time (or even registered here just for this competition).
@trucky ; @Emilius_73 ; @BreakmasterVF ; @sanrensho ; @TommyKaeselau ; @DaveP95 ; @Marfless ; @Pezzarinho17 ; @Lsdesigns ; @Barboosa ; @B.O.B ; @TeamCZRRacing ; @AMPMROCKETFANN ; @Jo_2716 ; @Tenacious D ; @Bungabine : 16 brand new contenders, thanks for coming in!

I will also add another thank to all the contestants, because in the vast majority, you've followed the rules just perfectly for your entry presentation, and that saved me a lot of time creating the polls.

But here we go, it's time to vote!

POLL (1/2): The GTPlanet Livery Editor Competition (Gr.3 Edition)

POLL (2/2): The GTPlanet Livery Editor Competition (Gr.3 Edition)

Many thanks for all the effort you put into this and all the other comps!

The polls are now closed. In order to keep the discussions clean, their respective threads are closed too and I invite you to comment here instead.

Congratulations to all entrants, even if you didn’t make your way through the second step, you’ve already showed your love to GTPlanet and that’s what matters!

People looking for various and nice GTPlanet liveries should be satisfied too, as 27 of the 32 Gr.3 cars get covered (and 23 of the 25 manufacturers, Alfa Romeo and Volkswagen being the only forgotten brands here).

Surprisingly, we got 74 voters for the poll 1/2 and only 60 for the poll 2/2. Maybe it wasn’t clear enough on the threads...

Also, both polls shows the exact same scheme : two top cars, four outisders, and five followers. Due to the equals scores, both polls add 11 cars to the finale.

So congratulations @baldgye ; @Adam Barber ; @VulcanSpirit ; @MMX ; @AlexWilmot ; @JKcreativeworks ; @Baliwa ; @daan ; @BreakmasterVF ; @Marfless and @Cytoria from the poll 1/2.

And congratulations also @Azabear6 ; @Lsdesigns ; @Barboosa ; @TeamCZRRacing ; @ZappaD ; @D-Max ; @PrinsvOranje ; @Thorin Cain ; @autonomous ; @Tenacious D and @NBDESIGNZ from the poll 2/2.

I’ll collect the 22 entries and launch the final poll tomorrow or the day after.

Back