The Human Comedy - Guide for all races

• Thread starter EmilThaudal
  • 444 comments
Yeah well I did get bronze (6th) place about 20 times for the Tsukuba race so that tells you how freaking hard it is. I mean what the heck are you supposed to do when the top 5 drivers get a lap ahead of you. R. Kokubun is a bitch to catch, he usually gets 1-2 laps ahead of me, and pits really quick during the rain sessions so I don't see how to beat him at his own level/game.

The best I can do is 54-55 laps, and I normally average a lap between 1'00.200-1'03.000, and I saw Widdowmaker's videos and he can do most of them in under a minute. I'm trying to be patient and not lose it but it's hard when you don't know how to succeed here and there's really no tuning you can do.
I would need to redo the race for any kind of advice, it really is a matter of making the right tyre choice.
I think some people say "use IM", though I consider "Rx or W" always the better choice in the human comedy races.
Of course you also need to learn the lines and especially keep up with the braking zones to make acceleration easier (as the better braking will put you into a more advantageous exit position).
Also depending on using AT or MT, this can make a second or two per pit for refuelling, and give a different feel of traction (using TC?).

It is possible to play with AT and TC1-5, though it makes things a whole lot different, and in my opinion more difficult, because
  • playing with AT braking is even more important to not lose a gear down by braking too much.
  • playing with TC will cost acceleration, this is noticeable especially at some points with a large difference of speed at the end of a straight section. It can be mitigated somewhat by either chosing a slightly different line, or by driving much cleaner
The difficulty bug is very weak on that particular race. If you do your testing on Tsukuba it will give you a far clearer picture. I did testing previously on RBR too, and would stand by the assessment that Medium is harder than Hard.
That is picking 2 events with dynamic weather, which the AI is very bad with, though the fastest time will still be driven in the dry laps and dont generally change too much. With that, total time differences are still all over the place with no clear direction of any difficulty setting effect.
RBR
2 hours easy -> 1:31,644 & 1:32,478
2 hours medium -> 1:30,884 & 1:31,823
2 hours difficult -> 1:30,729 & 1:31,161
Still to close together.
PS I love your tunes!
Thanks ;)

Last edited:
Reasoning
I wanted to make a guide for all Human Comedy races in one place, as an easy look-up for people who are yet to complete the races. I will post strategies for the races i have completed so far, and update the post with results for the rest as i get them finished.

I drove all races on PS5 in frame rate mode using the PS5 controller with ABS enabled, but all other assists disabled.

1. Mazda Roadster Touring - Tsukuba
This race is all about changing tires at the right time. I won the race with a gap of about 15 seconds after using a really bad strategy costing me two additional stops, but the race can easily be won with a large margin by boxing at smart times.

Tune:
Pretty basic tune lowering power a bit, and adding some ballast to keep the car at 600pp.
View attachment 1137987
View attachment 1137988

Strategy:
Stay on dry tires through the first patch of rain, as it will pass quickly. Drive carefully and gain a lot of time on the AI due to them going to inters and back again.

When the second patch of rain comes, go straight to full wet tires when there is not enough grip to stay on dry tires. When the racing line drys enough for slicks, switch back and drive very carefully to avoid going to the wet patches and slide of.

Fuel saving should not be necessary.

2. BAC Mono - Trial Mountain
All about staying smooth and reducing tire wear in this very slippery car.
View attachment 1137997

Tune:
Remember to upgrade parts improving pp that doesn’t change HP or weight. I stiffened the rear of the car a bit to try and improve grip, but it doesn’t make much of a difference.
View attachment 1137998
View attachment 1137999

Strategy:
For this race i went on SS tires all the way, stopping at 20 and 40 minutes for fresh tires and fuel. Fuel map 1 all the way.
The most important thing to make the race easier is to avoid sliding, especially on the rear tires, as the car melts through them if driven hard. If you conserve tires, you should catch up on the AIs during the later parts of the stints.

3. Kei Cars - Autopolis
Probably the most boring of the races, but the strategy is quite simple. I used the S660 and fuel map 1 the entire race and won by quite a large margin.
View attachment 1138000

Tune:
Basic tune upping the car to 400pp. I put on a medium-range turbo to be able to run at a bit lower revs and save fuel that way.
View attachment 1138001
View attachment 1138002

Strategy:
Stop at 20 and 40 minutes for fuel and fresh tires. Like the BAC, it’s important to avoid sliding too much, as the tires will wear out quickly if you do.
Fuel map 1 all the way through, but you can switch at 75% rpm bar to save a bit of fuel.

4. Road cars (550pp) - Kyoto
This was a fun race with lots of different viable cars. I ended up using the Supra RZ ‘20, but i tested out the Yaris GR, Silvia S15 Aero and NSX Type R and all of the cars did great.
View attachment 1138003

Tune:
I tuned the car for 550pp using SH tires, as 550 SM performs very closely in lap times but the medium tires wear out a lot quicker. Important thing for this race is to make sure that the car can‘t reach 240 as getting the 240 km/h rotational G to 0 will reduce PP a lot and allow for performance gains in other places.
View attachment 1138004
View attachment 1138005

Strategy:
I used a 1-stop strategy with a stop at 30 minutes for fresh tires and topped fuel for 11-laps remaining.
Thanks for doing all this. I also used the Supra at Kyoto, but with some variations that people may want to know about. My first try I used SM just because I prefer to drive a softer tire, and I was already at Stage 3 weight reduction, so I had to dial down the power a bit to get to PP 550. And, top to bottom I had my suspension like this (F, R): 92, 92; 6, 5; 35, 35; 45, 45; 2.36, 2.56; 1.8, 2.2; 0.00, 0.020 (same as your toe). As the race got along a little, it looked like a no-stop might work, so I switch to Fuel map 6 for about 4 or 5 laps, then a lap at3, then one at 2, then back to 1. I had about a lap of fuel left at the end, with no stop. The rt. front tire was wearing, so I tried to go easy...finished with about 15% left, so, also not really close. Won by about 50 s, so about 11s slower than you.
My second try, I decided to get stage 4 wt. red. and dial the power down lower to try to improve fuel and tires. I did 7 laps on FM2, but I finished w/ 0.7 laps of fuel so 5 should do it, or less if you save fuel. Tires were fine, pushing as desired. Won by 66s, with 14s errors.

Guys, i need some help for lago maggiore, i just can't get the gold, any advice for the current update?
It comes down to practice: Pick the car you are most comfortable and try again and again.
You can almost choose any car, though I wouldnt recommend Audi, Lambo, or McLaren F1 GTR, but all the others are pretty fine.

If you are using manual transmission, it really helps for saving fuel without sacrificing too much of speed per lap that you dont have to spend in the pits then.
As for the pitting, I always prefer running medium tyres and doing 2 stops, after 10 laps as a recommendation.
If you manage to gain a significant lead, you can do 11 laps for the first pit to stay in the lead - though I guess you wouldnt be asking for help if this is the case.

And here is an example lap, for speed, braking points and turns:

It comes down to practice: Pick the car you are most comfortable and try again and again.
You can almost choose any car, though I wouldnt recommend Audi, Lambo, or McLaren F1 GTR, but all the others are pretty fine.

If you are using manual transmission, it really helps for saving fuel without sacrificing too much of speed per lap that you dont have to spend in the pits then.
As for the pitting, I always prefer running medium tyres and doing 2 stops, after 10 laps as a recommendation.
If you manage to gain a significant lead, you can do 11 laps for the first pit to stay in the lead - though I guess you wouldnt be asking for help if this is the case.

And here is an example lap, for speed, braking points and turns:

Thank you very much, I was hoping for some tricks or a particularly suitable car, but I guess I have to practice a lot, I lose too much time in the first and last sector. The difference in difficulty compared to the others is stupid, it seems to me the last test of the license, that to pass it I had to use the controller instead of the steering wheel.

Decided to finally do the Autopolis race, used an S660 with medium turbo and medium ish ballast (96 hp / 1951 lbs) and pretty easily won, best lap 2:22.117, though most of the other no-traffic laps were 2:23s and some 2:24s. Short shift 3rd and 4th around 8500 rpm and you can easily save a full lap of fuel and win at least 10 seconds in the pits.

Just finished this one on Normal. Praiano RS tune and FM3 to get 18-19 laps of fuel. Funny, the radar didn't show rain but it was there 3 times. Try to stay out a until the water gauge to half way. Everyone else pits constantly.
Radar is to view nearby cars. Weather Radar is not that.

Ive only started on these very recently.

So far I've found the kei one was easiest of all with the k20 swapped beat, iirc lapped most of the grid.

The pre 1979 one was easy with a detuned hellcat swapped jeep, got 1st by lap 2 and pulled away from the pack far enough that I was ahead by 40 seconds by my 2nd pit stop, although the gordini Renault really caught up by the end of the race and I won by around 5 seconds.

Kyoto, same detuned setup r33 with r92cp as below, but with sport hard tyres instead of slicks, the k20 swapped beat can also get 1st by lap 2.

Deep forest I used a very detuned r33 with the r92cp swap, it took a while to catch the Porsche and god only knows how they can charge its battery so quickly in the pit but won more based on pitting less, was swapping fastest lap with the Porsche all race.

ETA: just did the Mazda one on Tsukuba, OG strategy pretty good but I found trimming the fuel useful for the first rainfall when I stayed on slicks and the second heavy downpour just to aid traction with the heavy wets. My best lap was 0:59.244 but don't think lapping under a minute is strictly necessary as I spent a lot of time later on punting off ai cars for ignoring the blue flag and getting in my way and still won by over 45 seconds.

GR3 at Red Bull Ring was interesting, I used the corvette and Beauvois looked all but uncatchable in the dry, however a slight alteration to the OG guide is I don't think mediums are necessary, fuel goes before even soft tyres so did the first 10 laps on medium, then soft, wets at 19 -here was where Beauvois fkd up- pitted on 19 but came back out on slicks then pitted again on 20, with him out the way the rest was plain sailing. Softs on again at lap 29 and won by 45 seconds.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Update for Kyoto 550pp event.
I managed a no stopper.
I used the Z4 Gr3 swapped BMW M3 (2003).
Thanks to the race engine the fuel usage allows for a no stop even on FM1.
Shifts at 8k rpm.
The tire situation was tough at the end with the SH but I used a brake bias at +3 (towards the rear).
Managed to lap every other car.
Enjoy the tune
Screenshot_20240104_172101_PS App.jpg
18cd68ff77c62-screenshotUrl.jpg
18cd68fea1734-screenshotUrl.jpg
18cd68fdf0247-screenshotUrl.jpg

The hardest one for me so far is the Tsukuba one, the top five drivers are extremely good in this race and it is a nightmare keeping up with the crowd. Don't know what I can do to overcome this challenge.

I'm trying to do consecutive laps between 0'58.500-0'59.000 so I can catch up to the leader as quick as possible.

Last edited:
The hardest one for me so far is the Tsukuba one, the top five drivers are extremely good in this race and it is a nightmare keeping up with the crowd. Don't know what I can do to overcome this challenge.

I'm trying to do consecutive laps between 0'58.500-0'59.000 so I can catch up to the leader as quick as possible.
It's important to pit before the ai on this one, it will be a close race but the timing of the pits is the biggest thing here. ...did it awhile back but I did end up having several diff tunes before I got it done.

Just beat Deep Forest in a way tuned down Supra GT500. No stopper. Won by half a second. That was a close one.

Also beat Kyoto in a stock Radical by over 2 minutes.

Tire choices and pit timing were big for this as well as quick laps. I got in for tires before everyone and did alot of passing while they were potted.

Just ran Autopolis in the S660 with my second account. Easy win. Took first place in lap 5, drove by myself for about half an hour then weaved through back markers for the last 10 minutes. Won by almost 2 minutes.

Thank you very much, I was hoping for some tricks or a particularly suitable car, but I guess I have to practice a lot, I lose too much time in the first and last sector. The difference in difficulty compared to the others is stupid, it seems to me the last test of the license, that to pass it I had to use the controller instead of the steering wheel.
Yeah, I have had to do the controller trick for a few things in GT. I've yet to do these missions but I had it confirmed on YouTube that hard difficulty setting on Human Comedy missions is easier than easy difficulty setting. Japanese humour 🤷🏻‍♂️

The difficulty bug is very weak on that particular race. If you do your testing on Tsukuba it will give you a far clearer picture. I did testing previously on RBR too, and would stand by the assessment that Medium is harder than Hard.

"Widdowmaker Who?" on YouTube has rerun these races a lot on hard and is a good source of timings for AI finish times on Hard.

PS I love your tunes!

Jumping in late as I’m now just wrapping up the Human Comedy missions. If I may offer an opinion the AI difficulty bug that I think all the data supports. The “bug” isn’t that easy is accidentally harder, or medium is more difficult than hard. However, all prior experiences outside these missions would 100% lend a person to draw that conclusion. The bug is that difficulty settings don’t have any impact. The AI in the races all run, regardless of difficulty setting, about at “hard” difficulty by standards of most races. It’s why easy seems so absurdly difficult and hard seems easy by comparison, yet they all time out around the same per lap.

That is the bug, that they are all the same. It’s proven by the fact we’re arguing over a 1 second average lap time difference across all 3 difficulties. They shouldn’t be remotely that close.

I have a lot of GT7 experience. I’ve run LM for 20 minutes plus on all 3 difficulty settings using the same car, and if I didn’t know I’d personally changed the setting, I’ll be damned if I could tell there was a difference. That is in stark contrast to other races and the AI difficulty, where I can tell practically blindfolded. Perhaps that’s the comedy?

Last edited:
Jumping in late as I’m now just wrapping up the Human Comedy missions. If I may offer an opinion the AI difficulty bug that I think all the data supports. The “bug” isn’t that easy is accidentally harder, or medium is more difficult than hard. However, all prior experiences outside these missions would 100% lend a person to draw that conclusion. The bug is that difficulty settings don’t have any impact. The AI in the races all run, regardless of difficulty setting, about at “hard” difficulty by standards of most races. It’s why easy seems so absurdly difficult and hard seems easy by comparison, yet they all time out around the same per lap.

That is the bug, that they are all the same. It’s proven by the fact we’re arguing over a 1 second average lap time difference across all 3 difficulties. They shouldn’t be remotely that close.

I have a lot of GT7 experience. I’ve run LM for 20 minutes plus on all 3 difficulty settings using the same car, and if I didn’t know I’d personally changed the setting, I’ll be damned if I could tell there was a difference. That is in stark contrast to other races and the AI difficulty, where I can tell practically blindfolded. Perhaps that’s the comedy?

Perhaps I’m wrong, but doesn’t the red chillies in various events ignore the difficulty settings of the user and keep it the same difficulty for all?

Perhaps I’m wrong, but doesn’t the red chillies in various events ignore the difficulty settings of the user and keep it the same difficulty for all?
It is supposed to be this way, but there are alot of voices who say it is different.

You may be correct, as it seems to behave that way. It’s not explained clearly by the game, which is a broader issue (see clean race bonus conditions), hence the confusion. However, I’m leaning to your view.

It has been super complicated to find good tips with so many changes in the game. I followed the OP strategy for the first race and I ended third 50 seconds behind ( I only play on Normal difficulty).

Maybe the weather is dynamic and is always different, because I follow the "don't need to save fuel" and cost me a extra pit with same tires. Put the Heavy rain tires but saw the CPU using IM with good/fair times.

But the worst is how fast my tires degrade on the left sides, any help on this?

It has been super complicated to find good tips with so many changes in the game. I followed the OP strategy for the first race and I ended third 50 seconds behind ( I only play on Normal difficulty).

Maybe the weather is dynamic and is always different, because I follow the "don't need to save fuel" and cost me a extra pit with same tires. Put the Heavy rain tires but saw the CPU using IM with good/fair times.

But the worst is how fast my tires degrade on the left sides, any help on this?
Honestly, I find the OPs strategy and tips hold up very well still for most of the races. I think the final race, Maggiore, is the lone outlier as it's not really strategy, but the OP also expressed as much. Either you can turn 1:56-1:59 per lap or you can't, and that's just down to repetition and practice.

If you search YouTube you can find recent videos, version 1.40 and later, showcasing Golds in these missions. They are as up-to-date as it gets, but honestly, other than watching for lap specific help with corner braking and acceleration timing, you won't find anything better than what the OP put together here. He did a fantastic job. Some of the missions are just hard, and there is no easy strategy, car, or tune.

Guys, is the engine swapped Suzuki Jimny a viable option for the kei race at Autopolis? Not that it is the most challenging one, but I was thinking about the fun factor.

If not mistaken the swapp for the Jimny gives it a 370 something pp. But if that is a good drive is another thing completely.

Guys, is the engine swapped Suzuki Jimny a viable option for the kei race at Autopolis? Not that it is the most challenging one, but I was thinking about the fun factor.

If not mistaken the swapp for the Jimny gives it a 370 something pp. But if that is a good drive is another thing completely.
If you like that car, why not try yourself?
It is most fun doing it on your own in my opinion.

Prediction:
compared to the AI cars you have
+
AWD
much more power
-
more weightbricks on the road car body (bad aero)

which means
+
more speed
-
more tyrewear
more fuel consumption

You propably pull away easily and then spend much more time in the pits.
Results: not clear, maybe easy win or no chance, depending on how fast the pitting sequences are finished.

Last edited:
Today I completed my first 1hr race, it was the Kei Cars at Autopolis. My car of choice was the Copen '02 because I had already driven it at Lago Maggiore's K Cup.

I had a tune set for it, but sadly it wasn't working well in this race. Tyre wear were a big problem and I was losing pace 3 laps before the end of each 9 laps stint. Meaning, whenever I was getting close to the leaders I started losing performance.

I had a go (normal difficulty) and finished 3rd. Then I tried some changes in my tune and kept running 6-8 laps each time at it to see if I was getting any (better) results but sadly I was not.

Then the next day I decide to apply Mr. Praiano63's tune and everything clicked. No more tyre wear problems, optimal pace all the way in every stint.

I ran FM1 all the race, pit stops at lap 8 and 16. Took the lead on lap 6 and never looked back. The final laps were kind of hard to be awake and not fall asleep. 😅

Because this tune has stock brakes, I'd say the only thing one has to manage it's the breaking points but once you get on the groove you just go.

Livery
20829516235968476.jpg

Lap times
20240410_193220-COLLAGE.jpg

Final result
18eca21945f9-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438473748049780_1712788078319.jpg

Too bad those races are one off when it comes to credits reward. It could be fun to repeat then and test different cars. But there's zero motivation to do it so.

Car tuned as seen here:

Last edited:
Back