The Illuminati and other Conspiracy Theories thread

Do you think the Illuminati is real?

• Total voters
England
Northamptonshire
Ryanswannell
I noticed that there are some conspiracy threads around on this forum such as the "chemtrails vs contrails" thread, but there is not a thread about this relatively well-known conspiracy theory, the "Illuminati".

There seems to be a mass of people on the internet who believe that this is real and that celebrities, mostly those in the music business, are the "puppets" of the Illuminati and are accused of this for something as simple as having a triangle in their music video. They also believe that they have control over the government and the media amongst other things. And all of this is somehow either going to lead to a one world government or depopulation of the globe.

So I was wondering what the members of GTP thought of this theory, is it real or just a hoax/myth?

Personally, I'm almost certain it is not real. First off, I don't quite get how celebrities have anything to do with someone bent on world domination or depopulation. But theorists will say hidden, satanic messages can be found if you play their music backwards or that a triangle appearing in a music video is somehow 'proof' they they are in on the conspiracy. They will also say that some celebs who have died (Whitney Huston, Tupac, Micheal Jackson etc.) were assassinated by the Illuminati as they refused to join :rolleyes:

Secondly, I'm sure we are familiar with the 'all -seeing eye' on the back of $1 bills. This is actually called they eye of providence representing God watching over the people, but the theorists have twisted something and tried to use it as 'evidence' that such a group as the Illuminati exists.

There are also many other reasons why I don't believe it's real, but for now I would like to see your guy's opinions. As well, please keep it respectful if there are conflicting views.👍

I struggle to see any real depth to back up the claims that things like these exist. But just in case...

Tin-foil-hat-cat-spy-conspiracy.jpg

To me it seems it's just a conspiracy theory for the sake of being a conspiracy theory.

@dhandeh, if you hadn't posted that image then I would have. And if neither of us had, certainly someone else would have. Or at least some sort of tinfoil-hat image.

But to answer the OP: Nope, I think it's a conspiracy theory.

When it was (supposedly) originally founded in the 1700's, yes. Now? Absolutely not. People love their little conspiracies.

Do I think it is real? No. Do I think it was real, yes.

I think it's super interesting reading about the old secret societies that really did function as places for conspirators to realize, not so nice, plans.

There were a lot, but the Bavarian Illuminati was actually a really progressive group of high-society people who wanted equal rights for women, to stop religion from trying to control people's lives, stop crazy superstition, stop prejudice and reduce encroaching government - in the 1700s.

So really, they were way ahead of their time, and I suppose most of us, with the way we think now, would be supportive of their efforts back then.

What happened was, conservatives and religious groups with lots of power demonized them and their symbolism, which twisted their reputation from one of moral liberalism, to the occult and conspiracy. Those groups that opposed them also started up rumors that they were behind the French Revolution, and ever since then, rumors with absolutely no evidence behind them have come up at every major world turning point, blaming the "Illuminati" as the people who instigated the events from behind closed doors in secret groups. Funny how things turn out huh?

Now you can see why celebrities these days seem to be a "part" of the Illuminati to some people, since they had pretty much the same ideals like democrats or Liberalism today.

It would literally be like if the group lulzSec or Anonymous were used to put blame on for the downfall of some big empire in the future, and so all these other groups of influence vilified them. Then future generations would see them as some crazy secret force as knowledge of their true workings was diminished over generations (yes, it can even happen on the internet).

That's why people like Edward Snowden do the right thing in at least stepping forward alone, that way no one can claim he was part of some group that did it as a way to try and influence their power or anything.

I love reading up on the old radical groups like this for sure though, here are a couple others:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosicrucianism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetic_Order_of_the_Golden_Dawn

I will say that the only strange thing going on today, where we know the people meeting are of big influence and do try their hardest to keep the discussions held there secret is the Bilderberg group.

Last edited:
Doesn't really pass the sniff test that an all powerful group that wants to dominate the world would put overt symbols in Ke$ha videos and on the dollar bill.

The Bilderberg I feel is another form of the Freemason but on a world scale. Even though the history of the Mason is some what twisted and vague along with the history of Bilderburg is shows how some can come together to better or to worse pending on how it's perceived. In turn though the Illuminati theory can be seen as both though it will never truly be understood due to the history.

Like the others, I think the illuminati have come and gone. But, I do believe that every society has an illuminati type group. I have no doubt that a small group of overly rich and powerful, grotesque men sit behind their empires of wealth and devious insidious ways to get more power, control more people, and do their damndest to set the world on fire.

I recently discovered this nonsense while looking for videos featuring the soundtrack of the 'Oblivion' movie with Tom Cruise. Suddenly my search results were filled with wackos talking about triangles and world domination plots. This video was particularly ... err ... ILLUMINATING :P

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZMiJMeS8NE

But I guess this is an american exclusive, as most conspiracy theories are, so people from everywhere else in the world probably watch the above video like they watch any National Geographic Channel show about any specific aspect of a particular country or society. It's interesting and a bit funny, but not of real importance.

I don't think the conspiracy is real. Maybe the illuminati as a group is real though.

To the best of my knowledge, the Illuminati has broken up or faded.

Do I think there are people trying to influence world events for their own gain? Yes. They're just called different things now.

It's interesting, in fact vital, to know the meaning of the term conspiracy.

My dictionary gives the root as the Latin conspirare, meaning "to breathe together or agree".

So the mere fact of you meeting with another, either personally or by media, or agreeing on something without ever meeting in any way, could be interpreted as a conspiracy. Writers, publicists and prosecutors will abuse the conspiracy word if they can.

This does not mean that sinister conspiracies do not exist. Especially when you consider that the Latin root of the term sinister is "on the left side, unlucky, inauspicious".

Last edited:
I don't think the Latin roots are very relevant. Just look at the word "cool." Society determines the meaning of a word, not the Italians. Though I guess it could be a mafia conspiracy... :P

If it is real then we are heading towards a war between the Christians and atheists. That's what they wanted... But we might do that anyway :P It would be easier to get world control after that too.

If you look at past major events, I sometimes get a feeling it's a play. So maybe the original Illuminati is no longer there, but I'm sure people are out there having a lot more control than we like to think.

JLS are performing on X factor with triangles showing up on the
screen behind them. This seems to be one of the most popular things according that the illuminati lie to do according to conspiracy theorists.
I think it's for publicity though.

The New York Yankees and the Los Angeles Lakers, their is so much bias for these sports teams... We all know some type of groups are behind their so called "success".

Last edited:
The New York Yankees and the Los Angeles Lakers, their is so much bias for these sports teams... We all know some groups is behind their so called "success"

Yes, the mysterious groups called the NBA and MLB. They play in big markets(The top 2 actually), players like going there because they get their face on TV more which leads to more endorsements(Not to mention the Yankee's aren't known for being bargain shoppers). Why do you think the NFL has been trying to get a team in LA for nearly 20 years.

Yes, the mysterious groups called the NBA and MLB. They play in big markets(The top 2 actually), players like going there because they get their face on TV more which leads to more endorsements(Not to mention the Yankee's aren't known for being bargain shoppers). Why do you think the NFL has been trying to get a team in LA for nearly 20 years.

Cable TV caters so much to those big market teams, just today Kobe Bryant returned to the Lakers, and NBA TV aired the game Nationally. Normally with any other return of a player from another better team this will not happen.

Last edited:
A secret organization is secret, ya just don't tell people of your existence if you want to quietly take over the world.

And, everywhere you'll go you'll see something different about the

A secret organization is secret, ya just don't tell people of your existence if you want to quietly take over the world.

And, everywhere you'll go you'll see something different about the

One of the biggest secrets is the existence of the Filipino Kublan Ninja... We do not exist.

Latest Posts

Back