The "June", oops, "Next" Update speculation, wishlist and conspiracy theory thread

• Thread starter Outspacer
  • 950 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not interest much in supercars either so I suggest that they make NINE of the 1991-2004 NSX's in various road and track variants and the track should be Spa.

However I believe they might stooge us with the Bugatti circuit.

@Alpha Cipher I agree with pretty much all your thoughts about BoP and racing classes for GTS. Yet I think the discussion is kind of mute with the bad implementation of cars that plagues parts of the game.

Running the Nissan in Le Mans with Chicanes, it easily tops 380km/h at 1000hp in standard setup. Actually, it is hitting the rev limiter, it could be faster still.
The fastest speed ever recorded in Le Mans with the chicanes in place is 366km/h by a Nissan R90CK (same platform) which was running at about 1100hp.
I guess if you fiddle with downforce and gear ratios and give it 1100hp, the GTS Nissan could easily be even faster. A lot faster.

I guess PD will stick to Gr. 1/2/3/4 and every new car will be BoPed into it. Maserati MC12 race car one day maybe? Heavily nerfed into Gr. 3. And so on...
I do not like it, but I were happy if they started by implementing the cars better.

That said, I think GT3 was implemented well and it is the Group that I enjoy most atm in GT Sport.

Yes, there should definitely be more everyday cars: Back in the days of GT5 and GT6 I owned a mazda 323F model '95, put a very big smile on my face driving it in GT!!!!

@georgetigra Honda S200 or Lotus Elise are not everyday type of cars IMO but I prefer them over any latest Lambo or Mclaren. I don't think we will see again the classic GT experience with lots of these cars (cars with no particular interest). They have to model supercars (DB11), race cars (RCF GT500), VGTs (like the Honda VGT), classic cars (Miura)... then they can model a Peugeot 106.

@Alpha Cipher I agree with pretty much all your thoughts about BoP and racing classes for GTS. Yet I think the discussion is kind of mute with the bad implementation of cars that plagues parts of the game.

Running the Nissan in Le Mans with Chicanes, it easily tops 380km/h at 1000hp in standard setup. Actually, it is hitting the rev limiter, it could be faster still.
The fastest speed ever recorded in Le Mans with the chicanes in place is 366km/h by a Nissan R90CK (same platform) which was running at about 1100hp.
I guess if you fiddle with downforce and gear ratios and give it 1100hp, the GTS Nissan could easily be even faster. A lot faster.

I guess PD will stick to Gr. 1/2/3/4 and every new car will be BoPed into it. Maserati MC12 race car one day maybe? Heavily nerfed into Gr. 3. And so on...
I do not like it, but I were happy if they started by implementing the cars better.

That said, I think GT3 was implemented well and it is the Group that I enjoy most atm in GT Sport.
Agree with you here. I also don't think we'll get any new classes aside from the speculated Gr. A; it's just that I got really vocal about the group implementation when Group C got into Gr. 1. Gr. 3 for me right now is the most fun class, whereas Gr. 2 is at the pinnacle of BoP

My personal factors to have a group of cars in one class is first, the era in which the cars were made to compete in. Technolological advancements across the decades make it really hard for cars to be BoP'd with power and weight alone. Another factor is how fast these cars are relative to one another without BoP. At the very least, being in the same region of lap times in your class is a good plus. Considering these, I'm thinking that either Group 5/6 can be raced against Can-Am (I think some cars even raced interchangeably during that era), or Group C (C1) and GTP. These are my thoughts so far

When you say GTP, do you mean LMGTP like the Toyota TS020? Also, I'm not sure about the phrasing of the surrounding statement. Are you saying that all five of those groups - Group 5, 6, Can-Am (which probably would include Group 7 as a whole, AFAIK), Group C1, and "GTP"? Or are you suggesting two groups, in which one is Group 5, 6, Can-Am/Group 7, and the other is Group C1 and "GTP"? Also, what do you think of other Group C cars that aren't necessarily in C1 racing alongside C1 and "GTP" cars, such as the Mazda 787B?

EDIT: And what about actual LMPs? Would you say any almost any LMP on this list could be a potentially ideal addition to Gr.1, such as the BMW V12 LMR?

Last edited:
When you say GTP, do you mean LMGTP like the Toyota TS020? Also, I'm not sure about the phrasing of the surrounding statement. Are you saying that all five of those groups - Group 5, 6, Can-Am (which probably would include Group 7 as a whole, AFAIK), Group C1, and "GTP"? Or are you suggesting two groups, in which one is Group 5, 6, Can-Am/Group 7, and the other is Group C1 and "GTP"? Also, what do you think of other Group C cars that aren't necessarily in C1 racing alongside C1 and "GTP" cars, such as the Mazda 787B?

EDIT: And what about actual LMPs? Would you say any almost any LMP on this list could be a potentially ideal addition to Gr.1, such as the BMW V12 LMR?
I'm suggesting the latter- two different groups. One could possible house Group 5/6 and Can-Am, and another for Group C1 and LMGTP. Yeah I'm talking about the TS020 and the likes. Group C2 is different from C1 where the cars use considerably less fuel, and are aimed mainly for privateers. Back in the days when fuel economy is not thought of in racing, this means it's at a huge power disadvantage compared to C1. After reading more thoroughly about these classes though, maybe BoP can give them a chance. Not just quite sure how many C2s can be given to us since Mazda's really the only C2 car that's not a privateer. Or at least that I know of

I think your list of LMP1s in there can possibly be added to Gr. 1, but the problem I see there is that they could end up like the Audi R18 '10 and the Peugeot 908. They're competitive enough, as well as similar enough to be in the same category, but not quite there at the top level so they may just gather dust. LMP900s could possibly be run alongside LMGTP and Group C, since the two former classes did run alongside each other. I'm just thinking that if this would be the case, LMP900 and LMGTP would be restricted to early 2000s

What if PD surprise us with these just revealed at Le Mans.
DfolvbXWsAAPY1H.jpeg
Dfo9trRW0AAjQV1.jpeg

Yeah this new one doesnt nothing for me. I even watched the shmee150 intro video for it and this thing just looks weird. It even looks a tad japanese like the Supra that we already have.

I also forgot that there are actually three original courses that could get new layouts: Alsace, but also Sardegna and Colorado Springs.

In addition, if we take the real-world circuits (both at release and added via updates), there are some layouts that could still return from previous GT games:
-Nurburgring GP/D
-Nurburgring typeV (The 24h layout combines the Nordschliefe and the GP/F course, while the type V combines the Nordschliefe and the GP/D course.)
-Monza '80s
-Brands Hatch GP '80s
-Brands Hatch Indy '80s

I think there were a few Le Mans layouts we could see, too - IIRC there's both the 2005 and 2009 layouts, which respectively appeared in Gran Turismo 4 and 5. I think Suzuka had some additional courses, too, like the West course, and the course as it was in the GT series before we also got the 2014 version in a GT6 update.

It would also be nice to get some more songs in an update, or perhaps in a future title. Such as some of the GT4 Prologue songs, like 2/K, Turbo, and Continuation. Then there's also some Daiki Kasho songs like "Precious," but I wouldn't mind their GT3-era stuff, either, like "Skyscraper" or "Glowl". I'd also love to hear those two pre-race themes from GT5.

Last edited:
It's funny, the side windows in the new Vantage race cars are so small. Makes me think that Peugeot race car with no side windows may be into something.

I mean, it's not like race drivers can see out the side windows, with the way race seats have the head blinders. Cant see out the back of some race cars anyway(video screens do that) . May as well do the same for side.

I think at any rate, we should at least see how Group C cars in Gr.1 ultimately plays out, especially since they've only been out for half a month. Ultimately, I want to at least give PD the window to collect enough data insofar they can more thoroughly determine whether it's a good or bad idea. Not to mention that the other hypothetical groups that @Alpha Cipher and I suggested - one for Groups 5, 6, and 7/Cam-Am, one for Group C1 and LMGTP, and one for LMPs - would largely be dependent on what cars PD plans to eventually add to GTS and/or a hypothetical GT7. There's a lot of "what-ifs" that could be at play here.

I'm not interest much in supercars either so I suggest that they make NINE of the 1991-2004 NSX's in various road and track variants and the track should be Spa.
However I believe they might stooge us with the Bugatti circuit.

Lemme try which variants:
Honda NSX '91
Honda NSX-R (pre-facelift)
Honda NSX '02
Honda NSX-R (post-facelift)
Honda NSX (pre-facelift, JGTC GT500)
Honda NSX (pre-facelift, GT2)
Honda NSX (post-facelift, Super GT500)
Honda NSX Mugen RR
Acura NSX-T

Last edited:
Status