The "June", oops, "Next" Update speculation, wishlist and conspiracy theory thread

• Thread starter Outspacer
  • 950 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at any rate, we should at least see how Group C cars in Gr.1 ultimately plays out, especially since they've only been out for half a month. Ultimately, I want to at least give PD the window to collect enough data insofar they can more thoroughly determine whether it's a good or bad idea. Not to mention that the other hypothetical groups that @Alpha Cipher and I suggested - one for Groups 5, 6, and 7/Cam-Am, one for Group C1 and LMGTP, and one for LMPs - would largely be dependent on what cars PD plans to eventually add to GTS and/or a hypothetical GT7. There's a lot of "what-ifs" that could be at play here.

Lemme try which variants:
Honda NSX '91
Honda NSX-R (pre-facelift)
Honda NSX '02
Honda NSX-R (post-facelift)
Honda NSX (pre-facelift, JGTC GT500)
Honda NSX (pre-facelift, GT2)
Honda NSX (post-facelift, Super GT)
Honda NSX Mugen RR
Acura NSX-T
This one too!
bangkokautosalon2013p2-14.jpg

I could see Deep Forest or Laguna Seca being added. Those two tracks are always being asked for.

Cars that I can see bing added are a Mini Cooper. Possibly the GP2.
I can also see an S2000,second Gen Eclipse,and another convertible.

I would be requiring this one as the star of the 9 car show...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/honda-nsx-r-lm-gt2-team-kunimitsu-honda-84-1995.301062/

Its even hosted here its that important.

I would like ONE of the 2005/6 JGTC NSX's... the Arta, Epson or Takata (We love those airbags!) - you only need one, the community will do the rest.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/2006-honda-takata-dome-nsx-setup.255624/

This is with the bronze TE37s, again hosted here.

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/jgtc/p77-2316-nsx-in-2003-jgtc.html

3736031_22.jpg

The GT300 class NSX would fill in for the Gr4 class... I think this one was in GT5/6? The snorkel makes it awesome.

Oh and you need the Grp3 road car that was a constant part of GT4/5/6...

http://gran-turismo.wikia.com/wiki/Honda_NSX-R_Prototype_LM_Road_Car

I dont even like NSX's that much, I prefer the Skylines and Supras however these are such significant iconic cars in JGTC AND Gran Turismo history.

I would be requiring this one as the star of the 9 car show...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/honda-nsx-r-lm-gt2-team-kunimitsu-honda-84-1995.301062/

Its even hosted here its that important.

I would like ONE of the 2005/6 JGTC NSX's... the Arta, Epson or Takata (We love those airbags!) - you only need one, the community will do the rest.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/2006-honda-takata-dome-nsx-setup.255624/

This is with the bronze TE37s, again hosted here.

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/jgtc/p77-2316-nsx-in-2003-jgtc.html

3736031_22.jpg

The GT300 class NSX would fill in for the Gr4 class... I think this one was in GT5/6? The snorkel makes it awesome.

Oh and you need the Grp3 road car that was a constant part of GT4/5/6...

http://gran-turismo.wikia.com/wiki/Honda_NSX-R_Prototype_LM_Road_Car

I dont even like NSX's that much, I prefer the Skylines and Supras however these are such significant iconic cars in JGTC AND Gran Turismo history.
I had a die cast of that G'Zox NSX. Just awesome.

I want to hear the sound of Mercedes SLR McLaren his whiny supercharged engine could sound amazing.

Last edited:
June update arrives and includes:
546b2e0caf495_-_93_nsx_02-lg.jpg
a-plus-logo-vector-png-free-vector-plus-icon-png-560.png

2000px-Logo_Circuit_de_Spa_Francorchamps.svg.png

YET PEOPLE WILL STILL FIND SOMETHING CONTENT WISE TO CRY ABOUT

That plus every known car from GT series, world peace, end to world, hunger, Laguna Seca, immortality and and a perfect penalty system, unique to every different person who plays GTS.

As far as taking shots in the dark goes, I did have another idea regarding various real-world courses. My guess is that the following courses could be really good additions for GT League events:

-Silverstone & Spa-Francorchamps would be ideal for the Gr.1 Endurance Series, as I'm very sure both courses have popped up in the WEC series multiple times. Daytona would also be a great addition, mostly if the mid-field layout would be included.
-Fuji & Twin Ring Motegi would be good for the Gr.2 series.
-Meanwhile, Laguna Seca & Sonoma (the latter being previously known as Infineon and Sears Point) would be good as another Gr.3 endurance event, or perhaps for the Porsche 911 endurance event. Either-or.
-The Red Bull Ring, if it returns, would be a no-brainer addition to the Red Bull X2014 Jr. series.
-Ascari Race Resort seems like it'd be good for the Premium Sports Lounge, as "lounge" and "resort" are two words I typically associate with each other, haha!
-Indianapolis would make for a good race in the F1500T-A series - I think that car would be a good stand-in for actual licensed Indy Cars for now. (On that note, Twin Ring Motegi could be good here, too, as I think it's also an Indy Car track.)
-If Monaco returns, it will be a race for either the Red Bull X2014 Jr. series, the F1500T-A series, or ideally both.

For original circuits returning, here were my thoughts:
-For tight city circuits like Madrid or London, I think it'd be ideal to restrict those courses to appear in events that feature lower-powered cars, like the FF challenge. Maybe N500, tops.
-Idk what should be done with Goodwood, unless there's a way to facilitate that sort of gameplay. I'd personally love it, to have these sorts of time trials be around, especially with the Isle of Man WRX, or that time attack HKS Lancer Evo IX. On a similar note, drift trials could be around, too, with the drift-spec BR-Z and the 370Z that's going to join it. It'd also gel well for the drifting cars that've previously appeared in the GT series if they returned, like the D1GP RX-7 FC.
-If Sierra Circuit also returns, maybe it, too, should be part of a time trial sort of gameplay, where you try to get a certain time around the circuit - much like how the Isle of Man WRX did so at that real-world course.
-I'm not sure if Special Stage Route X is really needed, tbh, nor Special Stage Route 7. I suppose both could still have potential, though, especially the latter as a real big super speedway. I think SSR7 could be good for an endurance event, too.
-As for everything else I didn't list - such as Tokyo R246, Toscana, Swiss Alps, NYC, Hong Kong, Special Stages 5 & 7, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Rome, Apricot Hill, Midfield, and so on - I think that there's more flexibility with those, and could be applied to a variety of events. Both ones that we see now, and ones that could be added in a future update.

Personally, I want to see more endurance events, and potentially ones that go beyond one hour, but no more than three, maybe four if you wanna push it. Maybe 1.5 or 2 hours, instead? Here were my ideas for potential endurance events:
-To preface, I think it's likely that when more events are added, they'd need to have a broader sort of motif, as opposed to individual events like "Suzuka 1000km," though I think there could be an event that has a race just like that within it, rather than it acting as a single event with a single race.

-The Roadster Endurance could return, and could have races at Tsubuka, Streets of Willow, and Tokyo Expressway East Loop.
-A Gr.2 Endurance series could appear, with the older "Fuji 1000km" and "Suzuka 1000km" appearing here in effect. I.e. there would be a race at each course with a lap-count that would still total to 1000km at each course.

Other event ideas of mine include:
-The Beetle Cup, but it's a one-make for the Beetle Gr.3.
-Return of the Shelby Cobra cup.
-The 206 cup, but instead, it's actually the 208 cup.
-The Megane cup, but it's limited to both Gr.4 Megane racers.
-Pan-Euro Championship (limited to European cars within N500, both tuned and de-tuned)
-La Festa Italiano (limited to Italian road cars in N600, meaning the 512BB and Pantera could compete with a de-tuned Veneno)
-All-American Championship (limited to American Gr.4 cars)
-British GT Series (limited to UK Gr.4 cars)
-Renault Alpine Cup (limited to both iterations of the Alpine A110, an N200 event)
-100HP or less! (This would mean de-tuning most N100 cars, though some N200 cars could be de-tuned for this as well. Though the poor Fiat 500F can only get to around 50HP at most, haha!)

-If a future game has the Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept return, and potentially adds the Yamaha Sportride Concept, maybe those two could race alongside the Honda 2&4 Concept as some sort of event that focuses on concepts that integrate an automaker's history with motorbikes.

Other notes:
-Why didn't they call the Nissan GT-R Cup "Race of the Red 'R' Emblem"? And why didn't they call the Competition de France the "Tous France Championnat"?
-For the latter, could it be because most of the races in that Gran Turismo 4 league were actually set in France? Maybe using a different name in GTS allows for a bit more freedom with potential courses, and re-using the name without having all-French courses would break the motif.
-And for the former, maybe it's because that event focused specifically on the Skyline & Skyline GT-R, whereas the Nissan GT-R Cup has an emphasis on the "GT-R" part of the label? Looking at the eligible cars in GT4, there do seem to be some non-GT-R Skyline models that are eligible...

EDIT: One last note. If the Lexus IS-F CCS-R returns in a future game or update for GT Sport, I think it'd be quite at home in Gr.4.

Last edited:
As far as taking shots in the dark goes, I did have another idea regarding various real-world courses. My guess is that the following courses could be really good additions for GT League events:

-Silverstone & Spa-Francorchamps would be ideal for the Gr.1 Endurance Series, as I'm very sure both courses have popped up in the WEC series multiple times. Daytona would also be a great addition, mostly if the mid-field layout would be included.
-Fuji & Twin Ring Motegi would be good for the Gr.2 series.
-Meanwhile, Laguna Seca & Sonoma (the latter being previously known as Infineon and Sears Point) would be good as another Gr.3 endurance event, or perhaps for the Porsche 911 endurance event. Either-or.
-The Red Bull Ring, if it returns, would be a no-brainer addition to the Red Bull X2014 Jr. series.
-Ascari Race Resort seems like it'd be good for the Premium Sports Lounge, as "lounge" and "resort" are two words I typically associate with each other, haha!
-Indianapolis would make for a good race in the F1500T-A series - I think that car would be a good stand-in for actual licensed Indy Cars for now. (On that note, Twin Ring Motegi could be good here, too, as I think it's also an Indy Car track.)
-If Monaco returns, it will be a race for either the Red Bull X2014 Jr. series, the F1500T-A series, or ideally both.

For original circuits returning, here were my thoughts:
-For tight city circuits like Madrid or London, I think it'd be ideal to restrict those courses to appear in events that feature lower-powered cars, like the FF challenge. Maybe N500, tops.
-Idk what should be done with Goodwood, unless there's a way to facilitate that sort of gameplay. I'd personally love it, to have these sorts of time trials be around, especially with the Isle of Man WRX, or that time attack HKS Lancer Evo IX. On a similar note, drift trials could be around, too, with the drift-spec BR-Z and the 370Z that's going to join it. It'd also gel well for the drifting cars that've previously appeared in the GT series if they returned, like the D1GP RX-7 FC.
-If Sierra Circuit also returns, maybe it, too, should be part of a time trial sort of gameplay, where you try to get a certain time around the circuit - much like how the Isle of Man WRX did so at that real-world course.
-I'm not sure if Special Stage Route X is really needed, tbh, nor Special Stage Route 7. I suppose both could still have potential, though, especially the latter as a real big super speedway. I think SSR7 could be good for an endurance event, too.
-As for everything else I didn't list - such as Tokyo R246, Toscana, Swiss Alps, NYC, Hong Kong, Special Stages 5 & 7, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Rome, Apricot Hill, Midfield, and so on - I think that there's more flexibility with those, and could be applied to a variety of events. Both ones that we see now, and ones that could be added in a future update.

Personally, I want to see more endurance events, and potentially ones that go beyond one hour, but no more than three, maybe four if you wanna push it. Maybe 1.5 or 2 hours, instead? Here were my ideas for potential endurance events:
-To preface, I think it's likely that when more events are added, they'd need to have a broader sort of motif, as opposed to individual events like "Suzuka 1000km," though I think there could be an event that has a race just like that within it, rather than it acting as a single event with a single race.

-The Roadster Endurance could return, and could have races at Tsubuka, Streets of Willow, and Tokyo Expressway East Loop.
-A Gr.2 Endurance series could appear, with the older "Fuji 1000km" and "Suzuka 1000km" appearing here in effect. I.e. there would be a race at each course with a lap-count that would still total to 1000km at each course.

Other event ideas of mine include:
-The Beetle Cup, but it's a one-make for the Beetle Gr.3.
-Return of the Shelby Cobra cup.
-The 206 cup, but instead, it's actually the 208 cup.
-The Megane cup, but it's limited to both Gr.4 Megane racers.
-Pan-Euro Championship (limited to European cars within N500, both tuned and de-tuned)
-La Festa Italiano (limited to Italian road cars in N600, meaning the 512BB and Pantera could compete with a de-tuned Veneno)
-All-American Championship (limited to American Gr.4 cars)
-British GT Series (limited to UK Gr.4 cars)
-Renault Alpine Cup (limited to both iterations of the Alpine A110, an N200 event)
-100HP or less! (This would mean de-tuning most N100 cars, though some N200 cars could be de-tuned for this as well. Though the poor Fiat 500F can only get to around 50HP at most, haha!)

-If a future game has the Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept return, and potentially adds the Yamaha Sportride Concept, maybe those two could race alongside the Honda 2&4 Concept as some sort of event that focuses on concepts that integrate an automaker's history with motorbikes.

Other notes:
-Why didn't they call the Nissan GT-R Cup "Race of the Red 'R' Emblem"? And why didn't they call the Competition de France the "Tous France Championnat"?
-For the latter, could it be because most of the races in that Gran Turismo 4 league were actually set in France? Maybe using a different name in GTS allows for a bit more freedom with potential courses, and re-using the name without having all-French courses would break the motif.
-And for the former, maybe it's because that event focused specifically on the Skyline & Skyline GT-R, whereas the Nissan GT-R Cup has an emphasis on the "GT-R" part of the label? Looking at the eligible cars in GT4, there do seem to be some non-GT-R Skyline models that are eligible...

EDIT: One last note. If the Lexus IS-F CCS-R returns in a future game or update for GT Sport, I think it'd be quite at home in Gr.4.
We need more 4-door touring sedans.

My proposal for this month's update are as follows:

CARS

Toyota ESSO Ultron Chaser (JTCC) '98 (Gr.4)
Audi Audi Sport Italy 80 quattro (STW) '94 (Gr.4)
Ford A.R.E Mondeo (BTCC) '99 (Gr.4)
Aston Martin Vantage GTE (Aston Martin Racing) '18 (Gr.3)
Toyota apr GREENTEC Prius (GT300) '16 (Gr.3)
Porsche 911 GT3-R (Manthey Racing) '17 (Gr.3)
Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31) '87 (N200)
Hyundai Veloster Turbo '11 (N200)
Volkswagen 1200 '66 (N100)

TRACKS
Track Layouts
Tokyo Expressway - West Outer Loop
Tokyo Expressway - West Inner Loop
Remember those 2 layouts above?

CAMPAIGN MODE
GT League (New Events)
Beginner League: Beetle Cup (3 Races, Volkswagen 1200 One-Make Event)
Amateur League: Group A Road Car Series (5 Races, Limited to road cars that raced in Group A)
Professional League: Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship (5 Races, Gr.4 cars only)
Endurance League: Supercar Endurance Series (1 Race, Limited to road cars that have 493 HP/500 PS or higher)

GT League (Additional Races)
Beginner League: Competition de France (2 Races added)
Amateur League: J-Sports Meeting (3 Races added)
Professional League: Lamborghini Cup (2 Races added)
Endurance League: Gr.3 Endurance Series (1 Race added)

OTHERS
New time slot for Circuit de la Sarthe (22:45, Night, Fine Weather)
Various bug fixes and other improvements are made

I honestly think PD kinda pigeon holed themselves into the class idea. On paper it's good with current gen cars (Gr.3), but when we start asking for legacy cars it becomes a issue.
What would happen if those Super Touring cars above were added to Gr.4?

I honestly think PD kinda pigeon holed themselves into the class idea . In paper it's good with current gen cars ( GT 3) but when we start asking for legacy cars it becomes a issue .

That’s why I’m kind of hoping the mysterious hidden “Gr. A” will be a touring car class for ‘80s-‘90s era cars (as apposed to a tamer rally class like gr. 4 is to Gr. 3). An E30 touring car would not be un-missed, and there’s some older premium touring cars (r32 and r34 TC come to mind) that were introduced in some GT5 DLC that can probably make an easy transition. I wouldn’t mind PD crafting up their own versions if it meant a diverse and aesthetically-believable new category for the game, I feel like they did a pretty good job with the Gr. 3 class given how many of the choices there don’t actually exist in real life.

Last edited:
If the pattern stays the same, Kaz should tease new cars this week!

Try a week's time, most likely next Saturday/Sunday (23/24).

For me I expect this month will be a track variation being added to the roster of tracks available, possibly another museum gallery
being added or new scapes shots for one of the car dealers (Fiat perhaps?)

Cars are kinda difficult to predict this time around but I suspect the original Honda NSX mentioned in a previous post might be one
but hopefully a nice mix of cars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back