The Le Mans Car photo and discussion thread!

• Thread starter GT Freak!
  • 198 comments
These are probably my favourite type of cars in the game and i am sure many others! Just post up as many of your photos as you can of the cars which have at some time or other taken part in the 24 hour le mans. Race cars only! I will post many up as soon as March 9th comes along!

EDIT: Please feel free to discuss your photos and the real life cars they represent!

Are you looking for only 'real' pics of Le Mans' cars or cars that are in GT4 that have also ran in the 24 hours of Le Mans?

Thanks for the clarification!

Dimension
me too that is by far the coolest looking le mans car
I would'nt go that far, i would say the Bentley Speed 8 is the best looking machine! with the Mercedes Benz CLR a close second. To bad that cars reputation aren't as good as it look :( (im thinking of its deput race at le mans and the 200mph+ flip it had down the mulsane straight)

First Photo Mode pic of the Jag on GTPlanet.

attachment.php

First pic of the 905.
attachment.php

Just remembered about my photos of the Jaguar XJ9R, Real life photos, anyone like em?

I would also like to point out that PD have got the name wrong for the Toyota 88C-V Le Man car. Firstly the decals, engine, and body panels do not resemble the #36 car raced in 1988 (the 88 in the name stands for the year) but it resembles the 89c-v which raced in 1989. Strange realy as PD have got the year of the car right, just no the name which matches the year :dunce:

I thought the silk cut car was the xjr12, was the 9 just an earlier version?

who loves the mr2? In SARD form, powerd by turbocharged lexus v8!
and silver nissan,

Attachments

• Le_Mans-1995-06-18-026.jpg
    Le_Mans-1995-06-18-026.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 165
  • start1.jpg
    start1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 173
  • lm9951.jpg
    lm9951.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Le_Mans-1990-06-17-085.jpg
    Le_Mans-1990-06-17-085.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 188
That RSC site mentioned above has real photos of just about every car to run in LeMans over the past 25 years. It's great to see photos of the cars in this game that didn't finish the race (97 McLaren F1 GTR #42) and not just the winners.

They may well be the XJR12, when i was at Beaulieu i didnt actualy pay close attention to this car, stupidly!! I was interested in the F40 pace car! Great museum though if you are ever down south!

I would also like to point out that PD have got the name wrong for the Toyota 88C-V Le Man car. Firstly the decals, engine, and body panels do not resemble the #36 car raced in 1988 (the 88 in the name stands for the year) but it resembles the 89c-v which raced in 1989. Strange realy as PD have got the year of the car right, just no the name which matches the year :dunce:

It is my view that the car is in fact an obscure subtly updated 88-CV that may have raced or tested in early 1989 before the model change. It is of note that the GT4 car differs from regular 88C-Vs in that the front wing/nose section is not recessed. The ground hugging front wing is of course a feature that appeared on the 89C-V. Further, if we look at the sponsorship above the headlights (minolta) we can see that it has changed from CIBIE to KoiTo. This is also a feature of the 89CV.
Nonetheless, the GT4 version shares a closer resemblance to the 1988 CV than the 1989 CV. Note the rounder headlight coverings, the lack of side intakes, the different exhaust system/positioning and importantly the differences in bodywork (squared-off rear end highly prominent on 89CV).

Hence, we can be certain that the car is not an 89C-V. Now to find some photographs of the mysterious 88C-V that features in GT4…

attachment.php

Edit: one prepared earlier:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49212

I dont kmow much about thje 88c-v, but is it a good le man car in GT4? I mean what is the best Le Man car in gt4? Is it one of the modern ones, R8, Speed 8 or the older more classic ones (the more sexy ones) the Sauber C9, Toyota 88C-V etc! Anyone who has got GT4 could you comment!

GT Freak!
I dont kmow much about thje 88c-v, but is it a good le man car in GT4? I mean what is the best Le Man car in gt4? Is it one of the modern ones, R8, Speed 8 or the older more classic ones (the more sexy ones) the Sauber C9, Toyota 88C-V etc! Anyone who has got GT4 could you comment!

As this is a photo thread I will limit general discussion of the LM cars. However, I will note that the 88C-V gives me great pleasure. Sharp handing, pleasant sound and incredible speed. I find it to be consistently the fastest car in the game (aside from F1.) Now for the Jag and Pug...

Hmm, if time is permitting I might upload some LM photo mode pics in the next week.

Edit: entrée

attachment.php

attachment.php

There's a Porsche in that pic, so yeah, not happening.

Come on people, I'm seeing more real photos than actual GT4 photos. Come on, I have seen a few of the black LeMans cars from GT4 in the GT forums.

Samberto
As this is photo/topic I will limit general discussion of the LM cars. However, I will note that the C9 and the 88C-V give me great pleasure. Sharp handing, pleasant sound and incredible speed. Now for the Jag…

Hmm, if time is permitting I might upload some LM photo mode pics in the next week.

Edit: entrée

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sauber C9 time! Could you find it in your heart?

Those photos are getting me really excited for March 9th :eek: :drool: The 88c-v hasnt had as good look in real life le mans due to reliability, but i have heard it did a 3:15:xx, which is fast! yeah i think some Sauber C9's should be posted up now! Awsome machine! May well be competeing with the Bentley Speed 8 to be my favourite racing car of all time!

EDIT: Please feel free to discuss your photos and the real life cars they represent!

GT Freak!
Those photos are getting me really excited for March 9th :eek: :drool: The 88c-v hasnt had as good look in real life le mans due to reliability, but i have heard it did a 3:15:xx, which is fast!
If my memory serves me correctly, the 88C-V did not run at La Sarthe. Its competition history was confined to the All Japan Prototype Championship. You may be thinking of the four cylinder 88-C pictured below.

attachment.php

More photomode images (including a certain silver car) in good time.

im confused now...so are their 2 versions of the 88c, the "v" which ran in all japanese prototype championship that you speak of, and then the 88c which ran in the le mans?

Good to hear about new images coming up..includig a certain silver car!...also would love to hear if a certain green car would make more apprearances Bentley Speed-8

There are two types:

Toyota 88C(see my avatar)
Toyota 89C-V

The Toyota 88C ran at Le Mans in 1989.There is no 88C-V but a 89C-V

The Minolta car in GT4 is a 88C as well, see this link for more info:

toyota le mans cars

Look at the 94C-V, now that's an impressive car 👍

Pink_the_Floyd
There are two types:

Toyota 88C(see my avatar)
Toyota 89C-V

The Toyota 88C ran at Le Mans in 1989.There is no 88C-V but a 89C-V

The Minolta car in GT4 is a 88C as well, see this link for more info:

toyota le mans cars

Look at the 94C-V, now that's an impressive car 👍

No 88C-V? You have been misinformed.

-Toyota 88C: 2.1 lt 4 cill engine. 12th place Lemans 1988.
-Toyota 88C-V: 3.2 lt V8 (hence V) Raced in AJPC. Pink, the car is not on the page that you are linking, as it did not race at Le Mans.

-Toyota 89C-V: 3.2 lt V8 raced lemans 1989.

Oh, and the 94C-V was not as impressive as its forebears, as the ACO rules governing group C racing had essentially castrated the spec of turbo C cars by ‘92.

Taken from your linked page:

About 88C
Edit:In April 1988 Toyota presented its new Group C challenger in Japan, the 88C-V, V stood for V8. With this 3.2-litre twin-turbo engine, Toyota was firmly on the pace of its competitors. Unfortunately, there was little time to develop the car properly for Le Mans, and rather than taking unnecessary risks, Toyota decided to send two 88Cs down to La Sarthe.

About 89C-V
For the first time since coming to Le Mans, Toyota had a chance to play a role up front, as the small 2.1-litre, four-cylinder, single-turbo engine made way for a state-of-the-art 3.2-litre, V8, twin-turbo. The engine had already been used successfully in the All-Japan Sports-Prototype Championship the year before, and put Toyota right on the pace with Porsche, Jaguar, Nissan and Mercedes.

more:
The 1989 chassis was a much-improved version of the 88C-V, used exclusively in Japan the year before. The wheelbase was 7.5 centimetres longer; both front and rear tracks were wider and the aerodynamics completely revised

Need to brush up on your reading comprehension before making statements of fact.

Image Order:
88C
88C-V
89C-V
attachment.php

:confused: :confused: Well....im lost. It amazes me how much people now about cars! So basically is the car in GT4 the car in Sambertos second picture the 88-cv which raced in the Japanese Prototype championship and NOT at Le Mans? My head hurst! :) So how did the 88C-V do in the JPC? 1st, 2nd, 3rd? i am quite curious now, GT4 has created an increase in interest for me in the late 80's early 90's Le Mans and prototypes cars. I think what is lost now is the sense of sheer speed available and without sounding stupid i hope, the prototypes of the 80's and 90's look far more special and sexy than there modern counterparts! And with generally over 700bhp and capabilities of over 230mph it makes them very fast cars! Shame porsche and therefore the Dauer 962 is not in GT4, now that is a car!

so here are some pics, hope you like them!!!
if there are some WISHES just tell me :)
here we go:

Audi R8 LM 2001

Bentley EXP Speed 8 LM 2003

Toyota GT-One TS020 LM 1999 (black and Race!)

...and some Race photos:

and for the Toyota 88C-V discussion, it´s perhaps hard to understand but the toyota IS a "PREVERSION" of the 89C-V! toyota didn´t have enough time to test this car so they sent some 88C to race in LM 1988...but they tested this car in the japanese championchip and developed it END THE RESULT OF THE TESTINGS AND DEVELOPMENT IN JAPAN WAS THE 89C-V which ran at LM 1989.
so it´s just a kind of test-car which wasn´t really perfect- as toyota thought- and that´s why it never ran at LM!

Back