The Magarigawa Club - Private new racetrack in Chiba - Japan 2023

• Thread starter toastet
  • 20 comments
Germany
Germany
"The 3.5km road course features a maximum ascent of 20%, maximum descent of 16%, and an 800-meter long straight, making it a track like no other. It is challenging but also designed for safety, letting drivers focus on the driving experience.
They can take one-on-one lessons with professional instructors and explore the potential of their favorite cars in a safe manner."

• Length: 3.5km
  • Corner: 22
  • Straight: 800m
  • Uphill: 20%
  • Downhill: 16%
  • Cumulative elevation difference: 250m
themagarigawaclub - Cf-5eCIuoQJ - 2.jpg

magmapd.JPG

magcard.JPG

I don't particularly consider a near-vertical, artificially cut cliff face with a building right on the edge of it and the circuit beneath it particularly safe in a region that's considered a high-risk of landslides.

It also looks like there's no way of slowing cars down between the circuit and the crash barrier that's abutted to the cliff, just a couple of hundred feet of red-painted run-off, and it's not hard to envision a situation in which two cars exit together and one gets airborne, especially as the video shows it's on a crest...

I mean, I'm sure it'll be fine, but it doesn't look "designed for safety".

Last edited:
Those steep apex elevation changes and especially the pit exit are totally blind, unprotected, and extremely unsafe. Yikes. Amateur racers are going to make so many mistakes, spin on the backside of a crest, get t-boned by a car coming over it blind, they'll hit each other exiting the pits. What a disaster.

If your brakes go out on that long straight, you're going to have a BAD time. Violent shunt into a bunch of trees and/or thrown back into traffic. What could go wrong?

I don't particularly consider a near-vertical, artificially cut cliff face with a building right on the edge of it and the circuit beneath it particularly safe in a region that's considered a high-risk of landslides.

It also looks like there's no way of slowing cars down between the circuit and the crash barrier that's abutted to the cliff, just a couple of hundred feet of red-painted run-off, and it's not hard to envision a situation in which two cars exit together and one gets airborne, especially as the video shows it's on a crest...

Safe enough wasn't really hitting the marketing brief.

Seems like it's finally drivable.

The first video posted in the OP is using Assetto Corsa. I contacted them via the website to ask if a download of the track will be available but they said it's for private use only at this point :(

Hopefully this track becomes popular enough for people to make their own mods, or maybe even PD to include in the next GT.

Seems like it's finally drivable.

The first video posted in the OP is using Assetto Corsa. I contacted them via the website to ask if a download of the track will be available but they said it's for private use only at this point :(

Hopefully this track becomes popular enough for people to make their own mods, or maybe even PD to include in the next GT.

At :23 in the video there is a massive landslide starting right at the base of a building lol. I think it's that exact building Famine highlighted.

Nah they're just simulating the NFS experience for all the rich millionaire track day goers :P

(from 4:30)

Edit: hmm I can't seem to embed the video at a specific time anymore by adding "?start=" to the end of the video code.

Last edited:
This track totally feels like a OG Gran Turismo track. It looks like a ton of fun, and I'm genuinely surprised Tilke was involved.

All that being said, it looks lethal to race against a grid because there are so many blind corners. Imagine coming over one of those crests and there is a car that's been spun out. You wouldn't see it until you've hit it. This will be good for time attack, but it seems dangerous for wheel to wheel racing.

Actual racing happening there is extremely unlikely. That's a rich person's playground for private track days only, every bit of its design practically shouts that.

Actual racing happening there is extremely unlikely. That's a rich person's playground for private track days only, every bit of its design practically shouts that.
I figured this, but even running on the track with other drivers seems risky. It would be cool to have this track in a future GT title. What may be even cooler is a Vision-Tilke track where PD and Tilke collaborate on a track like they've done with the car manufacturers. I always assumed that Tilke himself was the problem with boring F1 circuits, but it's likely that F1/FIA is the problem with F1 circuits.

Last edited:
This track totally feels like a OG Gran Turismo track. It looks like a ton of fun, and I'm genuinely surprised Tilke was involved.

All that being said, it looks lethal to race against a grid because there are so many blind corners. Imagine coming over one of those crests and there is a car that's been spun out. You wouldn't see it until you've hit it. This will be good for time attack, but it seems dangerous for wheel to wheel racing.
Portimao is about as unsafe as it gets when it comes to undulations but this track probably wouldn't fit any safety regs. Especially the pit entrance being over a blind crest...people are going to let off the gas there and spin out or worse. They'll need strict rules on using your blinker and whatnot. Surprised the pit entrance isn't separated and extended to a more visible spot.

Back