gt4p-bmwmcclaren-01.jpg

gt4p-bmwmcclaren-03.jpg

gt4p-bmwmcclaren-04.jpg
gt4p-bmwmcclaren-05.jpg
gt4p-bmwmcclaren-06.jpg
gt4p-bmwmcclaren-07.jpg
gt4p-bmwmcclaren-08.jpg

This is indeed great news! :D

Now I think I'm gonna get the Japanese release for Prologue anyway.

Is the McLaren a playable car in to Prologue? Or is it just a opponent only vehicle in Prologue, but will be playable in the final game? :D

Probably, u18c. I hope the Viper SRT-10 is in the game, that's all!

What do you reckon the McLaren's top speed will be in the game? 260mph stock?

I dont reckon that it will make it into the final game. EA will have a fit when they realise how good it looks and somehow will find a way to remove polyphonys rights to it :( I fear that this is similar to the situation of the Diablo is GT3.

EA are hell bent on destroying the enjoyment of all GT Fans.
I have and will never buy anything that these pricks are involved with. PERIOD!!!!!

This car will most likely be in the final version, EA has jack Shoit to do with FINA Race Cars but ill let you people know now the standard F1 will not make it to the game(if it does that will be great but im almost positive it won't), this one probably will.

I'm not going to stand up for EA, but when you step back - it all comes down to money and licensing.

Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche all have licensing and game deals with other game companies. If I'm not mistaken, Sega's got Ferrari, Nintendo has Lambo and EA's got Porsche.

I said this a loooong time ago in another community, but be happy for what you DO have instead of raining a hate parade for what you DON'T have. Support GT in all it's glory and when the above contracts run out, they'll want to be part of the best (IMHO) racing franchise out there.

im surprised my self tht theese companies have not tried to get a contract signed with PD, or maybe they have, i wouldn't know, it just seems they would get so much more advertising and what not through the GT series seeing all GT games have gone Platinum or greatest hits, defently more popular then NFS.

Whoops, I'm mistaken. Acclaim actually have the license to Ferrari for console titles. Since Ferrari 355 Challenge was an arcade game first, I'm assuming that's how Yu Suzuki was able to skirt any legal issues. But when F355 came to consoles, if I remember correctly, Acclaim was the publishing company.

But the way that licensing works, don't be surprised when companies try to loooong contracts. That can one of the many possibilities.

hmmm......whatcha mean?

Ferraris and Porsches are in Project Gotham, how come not GT4?

If they have a contract with nintendo and sega, how come they can shove cars in Gotham and not GT4?
Unless Sega does Project Gotham that is........:D

Microsoft paid the licence holders to allow them to use the cars, they paid AL:embarrassed:T from what I've heard, as for them wanting to be in GT4, Lamborghini want to be in a future GT game, Ferrari held several discussions with PD regarding an appearence in GT4 and have expressed that they really want to be in a GT4 game and the sooner the better, the only problem is that exclusive licence they handed over but hees hoping PD and Ferrari have found a loophole and can gert Ferrari into GT4 or GT5.

Remember, I'm not giving you the absolute truth, it's just what I remember reading or hearing over the past years.

Also, Gran Turismo 3 was released a little over 2 years ago. Possibly enough time for a contract or two to run out. :)

Oh...and FWIW, Project Gotham was originally created for the Sega Dreamcast platform. There's a small link there, but I don't know if it amounts to anything.

Originally posted by sinner
Great pics...

how was the mclaren unlocked? which license to I have to pass? thanks...

You have to pass lesson 35 to get it. If you are a sloppy driver it may be a pain in the ass because you have to drive the mclaren around fuji speedway for 10 laps and pass at least 2 cars(get 3rd place for bronze). And in the game I couldn't get near 240 mph I got to 312km/h by drafting from another car, which is about 193mph.

humph, i dont really care. I just think EA are a bunch of useless tossers who shoudl learn to share. That is ****ed how they can get the FINA but not the stock....

The GT team obviously do a better job of detailing to the cars and everything else for that matter. So if those dealers want exellent perception to their cars they should scrap those licenses with EA Dreamcast etc and give the license to the GT team instead.

Really doesn't make sence, GT would be probably the most popular racing game ever and probably the best but yet all you hear is theese companies want to be in the game, you dont hear them trying very hard.

Back