The "mismatch" replay, new info (I think)

• Thread starter psonefreak
  • 33 comments
One day a while back I was hanging out here a bit bored and I saw your thread about 25% getting the mismatch replay, and since I had 27.2% I checked it out, and no it wasn't there... same at 30%... Which totally baffeled me and I figured either my game just had a glitch or maybe they took it out in a later version of GT3.

Well I recently got the S license, like two days ago, and right after I did it, that replay appeared. It was at like 42% or so, and I remembered the thread posted by Der Alta again and went back to see I wasn't the only one not getting it at 25%. Is getting all the licenses one of the first things you did DA? If not maybe my game is just screwed up, but I got to 25% by getting all of the racing in Arcade Mode (not time trials) and a race or two in the begginer league, I don't think I even had a license yet. Its been a while, but I know that replay just now showed up. Its not that great of a thing to get, I just thought I'd post what I found, at least in my own copy, which should be the same as everyone elses. Umm... its the US copy, whatever format that is. :dopey:

Honestly, I don't exactly recall when I got the mismatch video, but my theory is that you won't get it until after you win your first F1 car. One of the "screensaver" previews that runs if you leave the game on the GT3 menu shows F1 cars running at Seattle. I've never seen that preview in a game save that didn't have an F1 car in the garage, regardless of the percent complete.

Maybe the mismatch movie is similar.

neon_duke
One of the "screensaver" previews that runs if you leave the game on the GT3 menu shows F1 cars running at Seattle.

I don't think I ever got that til after the S license either, but like now its the only one I ever get, and an F1 was like the second car I won in the game (the Miata enduro) I could be wrong though. *shrug*

I had it available when I finished my "Start-up" game. One that I used when ever I felt the urge to restart.

That was (in sequence) Nail all licenses in gold, finish Time trials, then wrap up the hard races in arcade. At that point, I didn't have an F1, but I did have the mismatch replay (37 or so percent, and all licenses. I didn't stop in the midst of running it to see which if it appeared. It might very well be the S-license is what unlocks it. However, there's an echo pinging in the back of my mind saying others have seen the replay, but not have their S-license. Hence why we started to settle on the 25%.

You've already shown that 25% doesn't work.

What I think it comes down to is a combination of things. Much like, you get it after obtaining your S-license and passing 25%. OR winning an F1 and passing 25%. Then again, when you pass a license, it gives you the replay to review. So it could be that as well.

This is perhaps the last great mystery in GT3. The UFO's were solved, the Monkeys were witnessed, and most have broken out of the track.

AO

I have had 100% and never had that vid, I don't think it's in the PAL version though, but he has the US.

Blake
Can someone explain this to me?

Yeah. When you start up Gran Turismo 3 on the main menu there are several options.

Arcade Mode
Simulation Mode
Replay Theater
Load Game
Save Game
File Operation
Options

You wanna go into the "Replay Theater" selection and find three more options:

Load Replay
Demonstration
Analyzer

Go into the "Demonstration" thing and there are lots of demo replays to be seen, but just hit down and hold it til it runs out. It's on the 8th row, 3rd slot if available. It'll be a diff color than the rest and say "Full" instead of "License" or "Best" and just hilight it and hit it with the X button to play it. If it's not there then its not been unlocked for you. 👍

I'm fairly sure that this replay is associated only with the completion of S-licence tests, since the Formula GT series only unlocks once you have this licence too.
I don't believe there's any association with % complete and the replay appearing.
Kind of makes sense that the replay only appears when you have the ability to enter the F1 races.
Wish there was a way to get the opening replays to play with anything other than that damned Lenny Crevice song, it was OK the first few times, 3 years later, its really beginning to get on my nerves!

Well, like Der Alta, I seem to recall several people mentioning long ago that they had the mismatch replay, but no S-license. Maybe someone should write to PD and ask...

psonefreak
Yeah. When you start up Gran Turismo 3 on the main menu there are several options.

Arcade Mode
Simulation Mode
Replay Theater
Load Game
Save Game
File Operation
Options

You wanna go into the "Replay Theater" selection and find three more options:

Load Replay
Demonstration
Analyzer

Go into the "Demonstration" thing and there are lots of demo replays to be seen, but just hit down and hold it til it runs out. It's on the 8th row, 3rd slot if available. It'll be a diff color than the rest and say "Full" instead of "License" or "Best" and just hilight it and hit it with the X button to play it. If it's not there then its not been unlocked for you. 👍
Does this work in the PAL version or is it only NTSC? Because I have 94% atm all licences etc. and I couldn't find it.

From what's been stated over the years, it appears that the PAL version does not have that replay. Sorry Guys.

AO

neon_duke
Honestly, I don't exactly recall when I got the mismatch video, but my theory is that you won't get it until after you win your first F1 car. One of the "screensaver" previews that runs if you leave the game on the GT3 menu shows F1 cars running at Seattle. I've never seen that preview in a game save that didn't have an F1 car in the garage, regardless of the percent complete.

Maybe the mismatch movie is similar.

I've had it since I've first got the game... I'm still wondering why its on there...

Der Alta
From what's been stated over the years, it appears that the PAL version does not have that replay. Sorry Guys.
That can't be true 'cos I've seen it.

Der Alta

AO

a bit off topic, but:

do not feel sorry, we do not have the replay but we do have GTConcept and Prologue......It just makes up........
:)

It's a toss up, we got the full range of F1 cars and the mismatch replay, you got GTC and Prologue.

Yeahh.... You know where my vote went.

AO

Sorry guys. Misunderstood what the mismatch replay was when I posted before.
Thought you meant the Seattle F1 race that appears after you get S-licence.
However, I've just checked both Mem cards, one is 100% with all licence gold, one is 60.3% complete and all licence gold. Both of them show the replay. A red Mini (stock 61HP by the looks of things) takes off at GVS and an F094/S (white & dark blue) sits on the starting line. 1'27s later, the F094/S takes off and catches the Mini just before he crosses the Start/Finish line.

The Mini rules!!!!!

Personally, I think that they never let you see the "secret" F1 cars until you have ur S license. When you get the S license, you get to see the F1 GT race, the previews of the F1 races on startup (I always get monaco...), and the mismatch replay.

Yes I know, I was just wondering why David Anderson thought otherwise.

Although the pal version having no F094/S car model would probably be the main reason.

Back