The MMA/Boxing Thread

• Thread starter Maccer_42
  • 909 comments
Conor only has the Lightweight belt now as he was stripped of the Featherweight title not long after he took the Lightweight title off Eddie, I'm pretty sure with Dana playing a big part in the boxing event that he will wait until the fight with Mayweather is over before he starts giving Conor an ultimatum on his UFC Lightweight future?

I fully agree the divisions have been totally messed around for the McGregor saga but hopefully they will be planning on making him defend his only remaining belt before the year is out... before the 2 weight champ gets stripped yet again, that would be crazy but if he is all about the money it wont really bother him after his fight with Floyd as he would have made enough to fund many lifetimes very comfortably :indiff: I hope he defends as he is great entertainment 👍

He needs to be stripped of the Lightweight title if he fights Mayweather in August. And hopefully once he fights Mayweather, he gets out of the fight business because he is a cancer to the UFC. His fans are the worst, and his antics are just pathetic. He's grossly overrated and anyone who thinks he ranks along the greats is delusional. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but he ain't no "legend" as some would claim. Until he defends a belt against multiple number one contenders, I cannot consider him a great of MMA.

/rant

Mayweather vs McGregor is confirmed for August 26.

Attachments

• Attach20659_20170615_073448.jpg
    Attach20659_20170615_073448.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 64
Rusty Floyd vs a MMA fighter.

Gonna be hard for a) Conor to suppress MMA instincts and b) Conor to switch those instincts back on after this fight. Great money move for him, poor career move.

A fight between two people I absolutely despise... I might watch depending on how the undercard is, but at least this circus is nearly done.

Jeez I think I'll give this thread a wide berth from now on.. A bit too serious for my liking! almost feels like it should be called hate the MMA / Boxing thread :P me personally I just like to watch a good fight, the good the bad and the ugly!! I don't care as long as it's a good entertaining scrap.. anyway enjoy the fight if you can guys :cheers:

Germaine de Randomie has been stripped of her featherweight belt for refusing to fight Cyborg, now there's a Cyborg vs Megan Anderson match up for the belt on the UFC 214 card, July 29. I'll obviously be going for the Aussie but Cyborg is terrifying.

Last edited:
Germaine de Randomie has been syripped of her featherweight belt for refusing to fight Cyborg, now there's a Cyborg vs Megan Anderson for the belt on July 29. I'll obviously be going for the Aussie but Cyborg is terrifying.
Good.

Germaine de Randomie has been stripped of her featherweight belt for refusing to fight Cyborg, now there's a Cyborg vs Megan Anderson match up for the belt on the UFC 214 card, July 29. I'll obviously be going for the Aussie but Cyborg is terrifying.
Good to see Germaine De RunAway get the title stripped. She is easily the worst champion in the history of the UFC. Worse than McGregor, which is no small feat.

Definitely looking forward to Cyborg v Anderson, been a long time in the making and this will be Cyborg's hardest fight for sure. Can't wait. UFC 214 is shaping up to be a good card. Cormier v Jones 2 as the main event, definitely can't wait for that. July is a good month for fighting.

Some bad news for UFC 214 just coming out now... No, Jon Jones did not screw up again (surprisingly), but Megan Anderson has pulled out of her fight with Cyborg citing "personal issues" . Instead, Invicta FC Bantamweight champion, Tonya Evinger, will replace Anderson.

Really bummed about that. Was really looking forward to that fight.

Yeah that's terrible news, I was looking forward to it too. The card won't have much left after Jones gets booted for doing something dumb.

Yeah that's terrible news, I was looking forward to it too. The card won't have much left after Jones gets booted for doing something dumb.
I say a week before the fight he screws up and the fight is cancelled. And despite that, people will still kiss Jones' ass and say that Cormier isn't the champion, etc.

Apologies for the double post, but more disappointing news coming out of another UFC PPV, this time it's 213. Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone has pulled out of his fight with Robbie Lawler, with the bout likely postponed till UFC 214, which is a big gain for that card, but a massive loss for 213. Hopefully they can find another stellar fight for that card as being on International Fight Week means they need it to be stacked.

EDIT- Jesus christ, UFC 214 is stacked. Just added to the card is a Welterweight title match between Woodley and Maia, with the winner getting GSP.

Last edited:
EDIT- Jesus christ, UFC 214 is stacked. Just added to the card is a Welterweight title match between Woodley and Maia, with the winner getting GSP
Also: Dos Santos v Ngannou has been confirmed for UFC 215. I've got Ngannou to win that one.

Dana White has also said that McGregor has asked to fight Khabib in Russia after the McGregor-Mayweather circus act is done. Really hope that goes ahead as it would be something, especially if it happens in Russia. And it'd be McGregor's first title defense ever.

Sounds like Cyborg still wants to fight Anderson after her fight with Evinger, potentially on the McGregor vs Nermagomedov card. I would love to see the McGregor vs Khabib fight happen.

Sounds like Cyborg still wants to fight Anderson after her fight with Evinger, potentially on the McGregor vs Nermagomedov card. I would love to see the McGregor vs Khabib fight happen.
That's being earmarked for late December, I believe. Don't know if it'll be in the traditional NYE slot or one or two weeks before, but I really can't see the UFC doing a NYE card in Russia.

Also, apparently Nick Diaz is facing another ban due to "whereabout failures" in regards to USADA Testing.

Those stats are awful one sided. I didn't see the fight, did you guys have Horn winning it?

Those stats are awful one sided. I didn't see the fight, did you guys have Horn winning it?
I had him winning it. The stats honestly seem a bit off to me. Watching the fight, I didn't see Horn land so little, and Pacquiao throwing and subsequently landing that many.

For me, Horn dominated the early rounds, before getting dominated in Round 9 (I'd score that a 10-8 to Manny) then the remaining rounds were too close for me to call. It really could have gone either way.

Really looking forward to the Romero vs Whittaker fight. I hope it's as good as it could be

Really looking forward to the Romero vs Whittaker fight. I hope it's as good as it could be
Hopefully Australia can get a second world champion in a month in combat sports. It's a shame this card and 214 are so close together though as I reckon most will buy 214 over this.

What a fight! That's gotta be one of the best fights of the year. Edge of the seat stuff. That was a god damn war. That's the sort of fight you show to a non-fan to get them into the sport. That was amazing!

Seriously impressed by the toughness of both Gaethje and Johnson, they ate some big shots and just kept on going.

Do any replays get put up? My brother said it's the best fight he has ever seen too.

Do any replays get put up? My brother said it's the best fight he has ever seen too.
You might be able to catch it on Fox Sports by weekend's end, but your best bet is searching on YouTube unfortunately. Unless you have FightPass, of course.

What a fight! That's gotta be one of the best fights of the year. Edge of the seat stuff. That was a god damn war. That's the sort of fight you show to a non-fan to get them into the sport. That was amazing!

Seriously impressed by the toughness of both Gaethje and Johnson, they ate some big shots and just kept on going.
Guess I'll be looking for this one then. 👍

Back