The MMA/Boxing Thread

• Thread starter Maccer_42
  • 909 comments
Wow! Conor shows up at UFC223 media event with a mob... possibly to try and extract some revenge for Artem getting slapped by Khabib the other day :lol:

It's all going off haha :D

Is this the beginning of the PR train for the McGregor vs Nurmegomedov showdown? McGregor has been pretty irrelevant while being in-active, guess it's one way to get your name back in people mouths .

Is this the beginning of the PR train for the McGregor vs Nurmegomedov showdown? McGregor has been pretty irrelevant while being in-active, guess it's one way to get your name back in people mouths .

No its definitely not a PR stunt.. It's a career wrecking move with crazy repercussions, get your cheque book ready Conor! :dunce:

Here's what Dana has to say about it and it sounds like he's instantly scrubbed off Dana's Christmas card list..

McGregor is a piece of 🤬 🤬 . Anyone who tought Jon Jones' derailment was bad, this is worse. He's a massive piece of 🤬 . He's done. He needs to be locked up. Stripped of his title. Released from the UFC. This is pathetic. He injured Michael Chiesa (who's one of the good guys) and made him have to pull out of a fight, losing out on massive money (for him). He's now destroying other fighters welfare and lives because he's a piece of crap human being. Putting lives at risk too. Where does this bull:censored: stop. The UFC needs to nip this at the bud and finish McGregor. His star is done. Let him self destruct elsewhere. He makes Jon Jones look like a saint just about.

And the fallout continues: 3 fights have been cancelled from UFC 223. Chiesa/Pettis due to lacerations all over Chiesa's face from glass, Borg/Moreno as Borg can't see out of one eye due to the glass, and Lobov/Caceres because Lobov was in on the attack that McGregor and his thugs carried out.

Yes! and it just keeps getting crazier and crazier.. Holloway is out now as he was not cleared to fight by Athletic commission and there's some desperate suggestions that Anthony Pettis might fight Khabib for the LW belt as a last resort to try and save the card! This is an absolute joke cursed event 👎

The multiple let downs and dramas for this event will haunt the UFC for years to come 👎 🤬

This event is just cursed. Man, this really sucks. Hopefully the MMA gods have got it all out of their system because if Miocic v Cormier or any other fight on UFC 226 gets cancelled, I don't think I could handle it :lol:

Al Iaquinta will step up to get mauled by Khabib. No chance in hell he wins this fight. Pettis and Felder will not fight each other because they are teammates.

This is what the card should look like:
Main Event: Namajunas v Joanna
Co-Main: Khabib v Tiramisu
Ferguson v Steel Pipes
Chiesa v Bus Window
Borg v Glass Particles

This week has been the darkest timeline in MMA.

How good was that Magomedsharipov v Bochniak fight?! That is easily my favourite fight. Technique, heart, an all out brawl, it had it all. Worth the price of the PPV alone. Right up there with Lawler/McDonald II and Hunt/Silva.

EDIT: And judges strike again. JJ screwed out of that. 49-46? What fight were they watching? Should have been a draw or a split decision.

Last edited:
A Great night of fights for sure and the Magomedsharipov v Bochniak was the outstanding FOTN for me also :bowdown: that Bochniak was one crazy dude haha... I can't wait to see both these guys fight again 👍

I was surprised also how much Felice took from Karolina without folding and still pressing forward.. and the Joey lauzon mauling was difficult to watch and I was shouting for the ref to stop the fight halfway through the 2nd round.. what a mess he was after that :(
'Big Respect' to raging Al for taking the last minute fight with Khabib and also taking him the distance! Get Al in with Tony when he returns.. that will be worth a watch ;)👍

Very good card overall with some cracking fights and pretty much the result most expected for the co main and main events :cheers:

Last edited:
Oh. My. God.

Yair Rodriguez has been cut by the UFC.

Dana told reporters (via Lance Pugmire of the LA Times): “If a fighter like Rodriguez turns down both Ricardo Lamas and Magomedsharipov, in what should have been a compelling battle, after taking a year off, he can take his act elsewhere.”

Seriously did not see this coming. Sucks too because there were some absolutely FIRE matchups for him and for us to see.

Last edited:
Oh. My. God.

Yair Rodriguez has been cut by the UFC.

Dana told reporters (via Lance Pugmire of the LA Times): “If a fighter like Rodriguez turns down both Ricardo Lamas and Magomedsharipov, in what should have been a compelling battle, after taking a year off, he can take his act elsewhere.”

Seriously did not see this coming. Sucks too because there were some absolutely FIRE matchups for him and for us to see.
I guess that's what happens if you're not a "draw" for the UFC, and WME who are desperately trying to get their money back. Really sucks. See you in Bellator, I guess

Usual drama at the weigh-ins with Romero narrowly missing weight. Pretty unfortunate but I don't think it would change Whittaker's mindset. Hoping for a good showing by all the Aussies, Bam Bam's fight is gaurenteed to be entertaining and I'm looking forward to seeing how Anderson fairs against such a seasoned campaigner in Holm.

Romero is now the only person in UFC history to miss weight in consecutive title fights. His entire career has been nothing but controversy in all honesty. This weight controversy is just another way of cheating as he can't use PED's anymore, nor can he stall on the stool or douse himself in water before rounds. I don't get the love for him that so many people have. But regardless, it should still be a good fight. RDA v Colby Covington hopefully should be a good fight, can't wait to see Colby get smashed for all the trash he's talked. Anderson v Holm is a fight I'm cautiously optimistic about, Holm doesn't really have the best fights but Anderson has been on a roll lately in Invicta, but hasn't faced anyone of Holm's calibre. Tuivasa v Arlovski should be a quick fight, or a long, boring decision. Tuivasa has no ground game, so Arlovski would easily get the win of he kept it in the ground, but he's gotta close that distance without getting caught by one of Tuivasa's power shots, and be especially careful of those lethal elbows given his glass chin. And finally, CM Punk v Mike Jackson. Honestly, the fight I'm most looking forward too. Big fan of Punk and really hope he can get a win and retire. Jackson is an experienced striker, but not at all great in the ground, whilst Punk is good on the ground, but not well suited to striking. I feel like Punk has come a long way since his fight with Gall, so I've got Punk by submission in the 2nd.

Just this card to go then next time we're on PPV is for UFC 226, with the biggest fight in UFC history: Stipe Miocic v Daniel Cormier for the Heavyweight championship, and Max Holloway v Brian Ortega for the Featherweight championship in what I believe will be FOTY. Can't wait for that in the first week of July.

Yeah it will be awkward if Romero knocks out Whitaker and gets the win but no belt due to 2 ounces :P RDA v Covington is the main event now with no belt up in the main 👎

Can't wait for the main card next week also! I reckon DC retires double champ and the GOAT! ;)👍

RDA v Covington is the main event now with no belt up in
You'd think so, but Whittaker v Romero is still the main event, as it's technically still a title fight for Whittaker in the way that a win for him will count as a title defense. Why is everything so confusing :lol:

Wow Colby was relentless... Great scrap that one :bowdown:
Not as good as Whittaker v Romero though. That was hectic. Round 3 is round of the year so far. Definitely agree with the judges decision as well. I do believe that the UFC should look into punishing fighters who miss weight even more. Say, taking a point from them for every pound they are over (if applicable), cause it was too close a couple times there where Romero could have continued that trend of all fighters who miss weight but still fight, win their respective fight.

Overall, a decent card. Definitely fell below my personal expectations, with really only the main event living up to those said expectations. But that's just MMA. A weird, but wonderful sport.

So UFC 226 is tomorrow, and it wouldn't be a fight week without a title fight being canned :lol: Holloway v Ortega was canned after Holloway had to be pulled from the fight with "concussion-like symptoms", but as more info is coming out, it just seems like some water poisoning, which suggests a botched weight cut. Then the craziness continued the next day when DC took a tumble due to a misplaced speaker on the stage after the press conference. Luckily, he's all good, just a bit of a swollen leg. He weighed in today at 246, 3 pounds heavier than Stipe. Also, Michael Chiesa missed weight for his fight against Pettis, but that fight will still continue. Here is the updated card:

Fight #1 - Light Heavyweight - Gokhan Saki v Khalil Rountree Jr.
Fight #2 - Lightweight - Michael Chiesa v Anthony Pettis
Fight #3 - Welterweight - Paul Felder v Mike Perry
Co-Main Event - Heavyweight - Francis Ngannou v Derrick Lewis
Main Event - Heavyweight Championship - Stipe Miocic (c) v Daniel Cormier (c-LHW)

Solid card, should be a great night of fights. Without going too in depth, my picks are Rountree, Pettis, Felder, Ngannou and as much as it breaks me to say it being a massive fan of DC, Miocic, I just can't see DC getting past Miocic at this point in his career, but I do hope he can.

Honestly, I could never ever have seen DC KO'ing Stipe in the first round. And as viciously as that. A seriously special moment, seeing a guy like DC getting the slice of history he so rightly deserves. He's going down as the GOAT for sure after a performance like that.

I had a bet on Daniel winning by submission in Round 4 and lost that haha... never saw a R1 KO unless it was by Stipe's hands. I totally agree that DC is the GOAT with this sweet disposal of the baddest man on the planet :cheers:

Gotta say.. Brock launched DC quite a distance in their little exchange haha :D

Confirms my view along that way that Stipe was not the best HW - he just fought a bunch of old-timers at or nearing the end of their careers, or in the case of Ngannou, rushed into the main fight. Sure, he fought who was put in front of him, but he aint the greatest.

Also, shout out out to Bones. Could have been you son :lol:

Also, shout out out to Bones. Could have been you son :lol:
This, so much :lol: DC is living Jones' dream storyline. This is just hilarious. Icing on the cake would be Jones getting a max suspension from USADA and everything will be right in the world.

Anyone watching the Calgary card just now? Joanna v Torres is about to happen. Joanna should easily do this but I said the same thing when Rose fought her the first time lol

Anyone watching the Calgary card just now? Joanna v Torres is about to happen. Joanna should easily do this but I said the same thing when Rose fought her the first time lol
Me! Three round fight, Torres could steal one and two if Joanna starts slowly. Personally would like to see Torres pick up the huge win and I think she can get it done but Joanna is no joke. Should be good anyhow!

Me! Three round fight, Torres could steal one and two if Joanna starts slowly. Personally would like to see Torres pick up the huge win and I think she can get it done but Joanna is no joke. Should be good anyhow!
Who you got in the main and co-main? I think Poirier has Alvarez's number and I reckon Stephens will KO Aldo. Aldo looks past his sell by date and he's coming off two back to back losses.

Back