The MMA/Boxing Thread

• Thread starter Maccer_42
  • 909 comments
That was a great fight by Ruiz :bowdown: I honestly only heard of him from the build up onwards but I wont forget him now! I'm glad he has shook up the HW division also and calling out Wilder within a few days 👍 He also offered AJ his mandatory rematch in the UK for a cool 50 mill .. I like this guy ;) WD to him and looking forward to whats next :cheers:

Hey, UFC fans... you ready for UFC 238? Because, it's TONIGHT! I think ESPN2 will show some of the preliminary matches. You all enjoy UFC 238 if you'll be watching and/or following!

HEADS UP!

ESPN is currently showing the preliminary matches of the latest UFC in Greenville, South Carolina. The big match being touted is Renato Moicano vs. "The Korean Zombie." Enjoy the UFC fighting action!

Tonight on ESPN at 6:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, there will be the preliminary UFC matches. The match being touted in this one is Ngannou vs. Dos Santos. Enjoy the UFC action!

It's Bout Time! We got UFC 239 tonight! The big match here is that of Jones vs. Santos. You all enjoy UFC 239 should you be following the action.

Easily one of the best cards I've ever seen. Solid opener with Chiesa v Sanchez, then Blachowicz starching Rockhold (Rockhold and his chin is his own worst enemy in the octagon) then Masvidal absolutely dropped Askren in 5 seconds to score the fastest ever KO in UFC history. Askren was stiff as a board. Scary KO, right up there with the Overeem-Ngannou KO. Then we got to Nunes head kick KO'ing Holm in the first round to solidify herself as the female GOAT. Here's an interesting stat for Nunes, she has finished Miesha Tate, Ronda Rousey, Cris Cyborg and Holly Holm all in the first round. That's an insane stat.

Then we go to the main event, where Jones squeaked out a split decision win over Thiago Santos who likely tore his ACL in the first round. I thought that was a fantastic fight, a straight up war of attrition. I don't know of Jones fought safe, but he definitely was pushed more than he ever was.

Some really interesting match ups to come out of what has been a fantastic night of fights.

Thiago Santos reportedly may not fight again in 2019. He suffered a torn ACL, MCL, PCL, and meniscus in left knee against Jon Jones. Brutal injury to say the least. I wish T. Santos well in his recovery.

The card for UFC action tonight features a women's fight between de Randamie vs. Ladd. You all enjoy the UFC action tonight should you be following in any such capacity.

Don’t forget about DWs Contender Series, he gave out 5 UFC contracts last Tuesday.

Sucks that Ladd lost yesterday, but pretty cool to see Faber out of retirement land a KO on Simon

TONIGHT... it's bout time! ESPN will be showing some UFC action tonight. The feature match will be Dos Anjos vs. Edwards. The action takes place tonight in San Antonio, TX. So about three hours drive west of my hometown of Houston.

Enjoy the action if following tonight's events.

Not sure if this is the right thread to talk about this...

But it looks like there's currently a lot of cheering going on for Manny 'Pacman' Pacquiao on his victory over Keith Thurman, who's seems to be facing his lost for the first time in his whole career.

^It is, I knew Pac-Man was going to make Thurman look slow (because he is) when Lopez gave Thurman a tough time.

Good job by Edwards on beating RDA, but the only thing he has going for him are elbows, his ground game didn’t impress me either. We shall see.

^Thank you for confirming.

Btw, I have also seen various posts in social media, which state that, probably weeks or months prior to their recent boxing match the other night, Thurman was talking about ending the 40-year old Philippine Boxing Legend's career once & for all.

If this was actually true, then what happened after their match concluded is that it went the other way around and thus, for Thurman, what he said earlier ultimately backfired on him.

Now, he must be really ashamed of that one.

Boxer Maxim Dadashev has died at the age of 28 from multiple injuries he suffered in a recent fight from back on Friday. I offer my condolences in loving memory of Dadashev. People are mostly questioning the safety of boxing and things of that nature after this death.

In the MMA realm, UFC 240 is this weekend. One of the matches being promoted is Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar. On the women's side, we got Kris Cyborg vs. Felicia "FeeNom" Spencer. UFC 240 is in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; so FeeNom will be fighting in her home country.

Enjoy whatever boxing or MMA action you're getting into this week!

Don't forget- it's Bout Time! UFC 240 is tonight with matches such as Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar. Enjoy the action tonight should you be following.

I hear a lot about the Dana White Contender Series. The latest installment is tonight, but I found out this series is exclusively on ESPN+, and I don't have ESPN+. So I won't get to see what the next crop of budding MMA talent could be when stepping up to the UFC. For those of you who do check out the Contender Series, enjoy the latest episode!

^DWCS is pretty badass, fighters need a KO most of the time in order to get signed.

Lawler vs Covington is about to happen right now

Covington looks like he is going to get the nod, good pace

Last edited:
You know, it would be really cool if there was some UFC action tonight. Well, guess what, GTPlaneteers? You're in luck! Not only is there UFC action tonight, we got UFC 241 tonight! I don't know of the entire card for tonight, but I'm sure there will be plenty of good matches tonight. You all enjoy UFC 241!

As an omission, I meant to check in here on this past Thursday or Friday to hype up a Professional Fighters League night of action, but I never got around to posting about it on here.

Among the matches of UFC 241 tonight is Cormier vs. Miocic 2. I hope you all get to enjoy the UFC action tonight, should you be watching!

Great main card fights!! I got all 3 main fight predictions wrong :P I had Romero, Pettis and DC winning but not to be on this night... Although I feel Romero was robbed again tbh? anyway!!! still a great night of fights, Congrats to the winners :cheers:

Wow!... I told my son when it was announced that Zhang Weili would KO Jessica Andrade in round 1 and she's only gone and done it in 42 seconds!!! Very impressive! I'm just gutted I didn't to stick a few quid on it now :irked:👍

Huge Congrats to the first Chinese UFC Champion! :bowdown:

Ni hao, Shenzhen, China! All congratulations to Zhang Weili on being the UFC's first Chinese champion. This HAD to an awesome moment for Zhang to pull this off and in so little time. Heck, I'd be over the moon myself if I pulled off what Zhang did.

On the boxing side, we got Luke Campbell against V. Lomachenko in Top Rank Boxing. So there's still plenty of combat sports action tonight and this weekend!

We got a pretty interesting bout for UFC 242 later this week. It's Khabib vs. Poirier in a winner-take-all deal. If you've seen the ESPN+ commercials for this one, it's pretty interesting what both of these fighters have to offer when they battle at UFC 242 this Saturday afternoon.

Cris Cyborg used to be with the UFC. Now, according to what I read on ESPN, she signed with Bellator. I used to watch Bellator a lot on the channel formerly known as Spike TV. So I wish Cyborg the best in the Bellator ranks.

Don't forget, UFC fans... we got Khabib vs. Poirier today as part of UFC 242! You folks with ESPN+ should get to enjoy this event and all of the different fights on the card for UFC 242.

This Saturday night should be good for you all for whether you love UFC, Top Rank, or both. The UFC card for this Saturday night includes Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone vs. Justin Gaethje. The heavyweight bout for this Saturday night in Top Rank Boxing involves Tyson Fury vs. Otto Wallin. Fury is seen as an overwhelming favorite in this one.

Both matches are on ESPN+ if you have that. So enjoy this weekend's boxing and MMA action!

I believe later tonight is UFC in Mexico City, Mexico. I forget what the key bouts will be, but we got strikes and takedowns to come. So enjoy the UFC action tonight!

[OMISSION] One of the matches tonight for UFC in Mexico City is Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens. There will also be some tough ladies to battle tonight- it will be Carla Esparza matching up against Alexa Grasso. And I don't know if you realize this, but it's BOUT TIME!

Last edited:
Back