The MMA/Boxing Thread

• Thread starter Maccer_42
  • 909 comments
We got a Featherweight match between Navarette vs. Lopez in Top Rank Boxing tonight. The action is set to begin around 11:00 PM Eastern Time tonight.

On the MMA front, another night of action in Las Vegas is set to take place. The UFC will have itself a handful of matches. Among the matches starting tonight around 9:00 PM Eastern tonight is Blaydes vs. Drago.

Enjoy whatever action you get to check out tonight!

Another UFC Fight Night is coming your way! Preliminaries start at 6:00 PM Eastern tonight. Among all of tonight's matches is between Dustin Poirier vs. Dan Hooker. Check into ESPN and ESPN+ for all of tonight's action.

Enjoy whatever boxing and MMA action you can check out tonight!

Man... the Poirier vs. Hooker fight was awesome! You had people like Jim Rome, Fat Joe, even Evander Holyfield raving about the fight! I didn't want to spoil who won the Poirier/Hooker fight, but congratulations to the winner.

Maurice Green was getting pounded by Gian Villante especially in the 3rd Round. However, he somehow managed to make Villante tap out. It was one of the weirdest wins I've ever seen in any MMA series.

Last night was surely a special one. Congratulations to all who won last night.

New last minute replacement Headliner for UFC 251 @ Fight Island on Saturday night and it is pretty much as good as it gets in way of grudge matches ;) I would like to see Jorge win but Kamaru is so strong and durable!?? I expect nothing less than a war!! Can't wait for this main event :bowdown:

...anyway it's 3 Title Fights on top of a stupidly insane card !! I'm counting the hours until this massive event gets underway 👍

jy22rll1s7951.jpg

Seems like a pretty nuts fight card for UFC 251! So we got Masvidal vs. Usman? Fight Island is going to be "totally lit," as kids these days would say.

Welcome to Fight Island! Tonight (Sunday overseas) in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; a host of the UFC's fine fighters will clash on Fight Island with a very stacked fight card. There are about 13 fights scheduled including eight preliminary bouts. Coverage should begin tonight on ESPN+ and Pay-Per-View at 6:00 PM Eastern.

Enjoy tonight's action! This should be fun!

[UPDATE] 6:00 PM Eastern preliminaries, not 7:00 PM. Changes made.

Last edited:
It's bout time again! Tonight, we have some action in the UFC on Fight Island. Preliminary matches begin tonight at 5:00 PM Eastern. Among tonight's UFC fight card is Figueiredo vs. Benavidez. Check out the action on ESPN and ESPN+. Enjoy tonight!

It's Bout Time again! Fight Island is back with more action tonight! We got a card like Whittaker vs. Till (Middleweight bout) and Shogun vs. Nogueira 3 (Light Heavyweight bout). The main card is at 8:00 PM Eastern time, and the preliminaries start at 5:00 PM Eastern. Check into ESPN, ESPN Deportes, and ESPN+ to enjoy tonight's UFC action.

Ready for some MMA action? Well, the UFC will hold you down with some action tonight. Preliminaries begin at 6:00 PM Eastern time tonight followed by the main card at 9:00 PM Eastern time. About five fights make up the main card this time around, including the Heavyweight bout between Lewis and Olenik.

Enjoy tonight's action!

Tonight in the UFC, we got a card consisting of matches like Alistair Overeem vs. Augusto Sakai. This is part of UFC Vegas 9. Check into the ESPN networks as well as ESPN+ tonight to check out the latest action from the UFC. Sorry I haven't been updating these posts lately.

Tonight is UFC Vegas 10. Among tonight's matches, we have a women's Strawweight bout between Michelle Waterson vs. Angela Hill. History will be made here as Angela Hill is the first Black woman to headline a UFC card. There will also be a match between Romanov vs. Martinez. All matches will take place at the UFC Apex facility.

Don't want to look too far ahead, but UFC Vegas 11 will happen on September 19 (next Saturday). Among some of the fights on UFC Vegas 11's card, take a look at these:

* Covington vs. Woodley
* Cowboy vs. Price
* Chimaev vs. Meerschaert
* Walker vs. Spann

Outside of actual UFC fighting action, I heard that Navid Afkari was hung in Iran despite people wanting his life spared. My condolences go out to Navid Afkari and all who known and loved him.

Anyhow, enjoy UFC Vegas 10, or any other MMA or boxing events!

We have Adesnaya vs. Costa as part of UFC 253 tonight. Check it out on the ESPN networks as well as the major matches on ESPN+.

UFC's "Fight Island" is in vogue today as there is a Bantamweight match of Holm and Aldana on the card. I am not sure of any other fights on the card, so I am just reporting on the Holm-Aldana match slated for later tonight. Check out the action on the ESPN networks, including ESPN+ if you want to see the various matches slated for Fight Island 4.

Enjoy UFC Fight Island 4!

In boxing, Emanuel Navarrete won the vacated WBO Featherwright title last night by defeating Ruben Villa. It was a 12-round fight that saw Villa get knocked down in the first and fourth rounds of the fight.

On the MMA side, Conor McGregor accepts Dustin Poirier fight. So this fight is ON! The fight is on for some time early in 2021. However, McGregor suggested this fight has to happen in 2020. The fight was originally for charity. I think it will still be for charity, but C. McGregor will donate about $500K USD to Poirier's charity. So it's all good.

Jon Jones reportedly avoided taking a drug test after he admitted smoking marijuana and didn't want to test positive for it. J. Jones has had drug issues before.

Yesterday, I saw a video about Manny Pacquiao that was released almost a full week ago. It shown some of what made him such an amazing boxer. I must say that I gained new respect for the Pac-Man in boxing. Relentless speed, quick and powerful punches, and just overall talented. Few dudes could even suppress the offense Pacquiao brings to the ring.

This Saturday in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; we got a Heavyweight Bout in the UFC between Volkov vs. Harris. These are two big, bad dudes. So I'm sure they'll throw down proper on Fight Island.

I hope you all are enjoying boxing and MMA.

Looking forward to the fights later today.. early prelims start 3:15pm leading to prelims at 5pm and the main card from 7pm the feature fight is expected at 10pm UK time 👍 Dont miss this one guys! It's gonna be Awesome
woohoo.gif

960.jpg

It's Khabib's first fight since the loss of his father and Justin is no easy match up for anyone.. I'm sure it will be EPIC!
Here's the other fights on the card...

UFC 254: Fight card
Full card is subject to change

Main card

• Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) vs. Justin Gaethje (ic), Lightweight
  • Robert Whittaker vs. Jared Cannonier, Middleweight
  • Alexander Volkov vs. Walt Harris, Heavyweight
  • Magomed Ankalaev vs. Ion Cutelaba, Light Heavyweight
  • Jacob Malkoun vs. Phil Hawes, Middleweight
Preliminary card

• Stefan Struve vs. Tai Tuivasa, Heavyweight
  • Alex Oliveira vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov, Welterweight
  • Da Un Jung vs. Sam Alvey, Light Heavyweight
  • Nathaniel Wood vs. Casey Kenney, Catchweight
  • Liana Jojua vs. Miranda Maverick, Women’s Flyweight
  • Joel Alvarez vs. Alexander Yakovlev, Lightweight
Enjoy guys! :cheers:

Last edited:
There are going to be some pretty good fights today, Mr P, so you're surely right. I was kind of looking up pricing for ESPN+ and such in case I wanted to see some of the action on ESPN+.

You all enjoy the action this weekend in MMA and boxing!

Heads up! ESPN2 is showing some of the preliminary fights from Fight Island right now!

Tonight at 7:00 PM Eastern, the UFC will be in action. Part of tonight's card will include Uriah Hall vs. Anderson Silva. Check into ESPN+ to see this action!

[OMISSION] In Top Rank Boxing tonight, there will be a bout between Inoue vs. J. Moloney. So for you boxing fans, get ready for that one tonight. It is said to be played at 10:00 PM Eastern on ESPN+.

Last edited:
Tyson Fury will fight Agit Kabayel on December 5 in London, England, UK. There were attempts to try to get Fury vs. Wilder in 2020; but when that wasn't possible, some extra fight for Tyson Fury had to be set up. So we'll see Fury fight next month against Kabayel.

Among tonight's matches in the UFC, we got Santos vs. Texeira tonight. Be sure to check in on ESPN and ESPN+ to follow tonight's UFC action. I'm guessing the main card starts at about 10:00 PM Eastern. Enjoy the action!

Conor McGregor signed a contract to fight Dustin Poirier at UFC 257 on January 23, 2021. So mark your calendars for that one if you're intrigued by this match.

UFC 255 is tonight. As part of the card for tonight is Figueiredo vs. Perez with the Preliminaries starting tonight at 6:30 PM Eastern Time. It will be shown on ESPN2 and (fairly certain) ESPN+ as well. So check that out if you want to see some UFC action tonight.

Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. fought in an eight-round exhibition fight last night. I should have hyped it up with a post, but the reason why I didn't was because I did not know it happened last night. Anyhow, the fight ended in a draw. I know Mike Tyson been trying to loosen up to get back into fighting shape. So good for "Iron" Mike Tyson to head back into the ring.

Not to be outdone, congratulations to all winners from this past Saturday's action in Top Rank Boxing as well as in the UFC.

Back