The Mod Chips!

United States
Athens,Ga
I am getting ready to buy a mod chip for my PS2 and cant decide which one to buy. www.modchip.com . I want external but that one may not be as good. I also dont understand why I couldnt go buy a PAL PS2 game with a modchip and be able to play it. Why can I only play backups or am I reading it all wrong?

There's no way I'd get a mod chip, unless it was plugged in. I'm not into soddering, and then if I mess up, I'm out the $200 for the PS2 & whatever the modchip costs. Also, commecial DVD's hold about 7GB at least, whereas residential DVD's can only hold 4.5GB, so you could only back up CD games, not DVD games...;(

Originally posted by rjensen11
There's no way I'd get a mod chip, unless it was plugged in. I'm not into soddering, and then if I mess up, I'm out the $200 for the PS2 & whatever the modchip costs. Also, commecial DVD's hold about 7GB at least, whereas residential DVD's can only hold 4.5GB, so you could only back up CD games, not DVD games...;(

No commercial games have used anything other than a normal DVD. Xenosaga(PS2) is rumored to be the first dual layered DVD game ever. There's also a good chance that they will use 2 DVD's because of the problems inherent in using Dual layered DVD's.

Back