The music from Gran Turismo !

Hi everyone ! :)

Surely this has been discussed many times before, but everybody knows that GT's music is great ! But I need information : Does anyone have a tracklist of the music played in the game ? Is it avaible somewhere, from the credits ? I found the commercial soundtrack, but most of the track aren't even playing in the game, so it's not really useful. I need info about both the songs & the score/instrumental tracks too. By the way, was the music used in most part of the menus (e.g. car company, car wash...) composed by the Chemical Brothers ?

Here's what I know that is contained in the game so far :

The intro music --> Chemical Brothers remix of "Everything Must Go" by the Manic Street Preachers.

Garbage - As Heaven Is Wide
Ash - Loose Control

I'd really like to know more about that subject. Any help will be appreciated ! And if you also have similar info about Gran Turismo 2, I'd be interested as well.

Thanks in advance,
have a nice day ! :P

Ok, I've found the other songs/artists (from the booklet :P) !

But I still need to know who composed the in-game music played in most menus. Is it the Chemical Brothers ?

Well in PAL GT1 atleast, there were a number of tracks by Cubanate.

You can see all the music in the game (I think) by going to options, in music/sound somewhere it lists all the tracks & lets you listen to em. :)

The American soundtrack is the same as the Pal one.

Feeder - Sweet 16
Feeder - Shade (Instrumental)
Feeder - Chicken on a bone (instrumental)
Feeder - Tangerine (Instrumental) Not sure about that one
Ash - Loose control
Garbage - As heavan is wide
Cubanate - Oxycetaline
Cubanate - Skeletal
Cubanate - Autonomy
Cubanate - Industry

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Thanks everyone so far ! :)

Originally posted by T5-R
Well in PAL GT1 atleast, there were a number of tracks by Cubanate.

You can see all the music in the game (I think) by going to options, in music/sound somewhere it lists all the tracks & lets you listen to em. :)

Oh ! :eek:
That's something really interesting, as I only have the NTSC-US version and there is no "sound test" with it. Could you confirm that the PAL version really has this menu that let's you play the music ? And could you take a snapshot or take note of that list and post it here ? If no, then it's ok, don't worry. Thanks ! :D

:) Doesn't have the intro music on this list though, which I believe is Chemical Brothers - Everything Must Go, a remix of a Manic Street Preachers song.

GT1Music.jpg

Thanks a lot for posting this snapshot ! :D

Yeah, you're right about the intro song: it is from the Chemical Brothers.

Unfortunately, this sound test also miss the menu/event music (e.g. when you are in car shops, when you start/end a race, etc.). The Chemical Brothers are supposed to have composed them, but I don't have any source stating it. It's the only info I'm missing now... :(

Back