The Mysterious Esso Ultraflo Supra

After racing the JGTC champ in my AU CERUMO SUPRA (JGTC) '01 I had some cash, and I thought of my other favroite Supra JGTC mode, the ESSO ULTRAFLO SUPRA.... Well, I go in the toyota dealer - and soon I find its not there like it says on the car list here on GTP ( I know the car list is the NTSC | J verison ). I've also seen it on the car list for the NTSC | U/C verison, now, look for yourself:

toyotaessoultraflosuprajgtc012.jpg

well, it puts me in a sorry state. its right after the DENSO SARD and before the WOODONE TOM'S. Well - its not there... Heres a picture I took myself:

wtf1yy.jpg

As you see, its not there. Its not on the prize-list. I've looked. Its on the car list - i've looked obviously.

Do any of you know about this, or have any of you wondered about this?

I was wondering the same thing. In fact, that reminds me. Do you remember seeing it in the intro? I know the Japanese intro has it, but I don't remember seeing it in the American intro.

It would suck if they excluded it, but it's probably a prize car in something.

To me it's just another Supra race car, just buy another one, its the same car with a different paint scheme so why does everybody make a big deal out of this?

Div is back
To me it's just another Supra race car, just buy another one, its the same car with a different paint scheme so why does everybody make a big deal out of this?

Just because. It's not that big of a deal, I agree, but I really like that supra. We just want to know what happened to it.

red_infinity
I was wondering the same thing. In fact, that reminds me. Do you remember seeing it in the intro? I know the Japanese intro has it, but I don't remember seeing it in the American intro.

It would suck if they excluded it, but it's probably a prize car in something.
I think its in the intro

Its not on the prize list. But I was racing againest it. I know I was. Perhaps its one of those "hackable" cars you need for a gameshark?

Ridley-X4
Could you tell me how you got it?
I don't have it, I was asking how to get it...

Div is back
Perhaps I like having a different sheme on the same car... Why do you have to post about something thats off topic to what I ask?

Leave the thread if you don't have intelligence to offer to the topic.

I've got the Pal version, the car's there and it has the best roof/bonnet visual among the Supras (you can see less of the roof, and more bonnet than the others) 👍

Bruttospritz
I've got the Pal version, the car's there and it has the best roof/bonnet visual among the Supras (you can see less of the roof, and more bonnet than the others) 👍
Hm. I wonder why its not in the NTSC | U/C verison. Quite odd.

It was probably taken out at the request of ExxonMobil, the parent company of Esso. The Esso brand is not used in North America, and it was probably too much trouble to change the entire paint scheme of the Supra.
Check the Toyota GT-One '99 and the Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99, all the Esso logos have been changed to Exxon. On the back of the GT-One it even says "Exxon SuperFlo" instead of "Esso Ultron"
So those 2 in-game cars now carry advertising that their real-life versions never had.

EDIT: Pictures of the real-life cars (note Esso logos):
Toyota GT-One '99
Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99

S4A
It was probably taken out at the request of ExxonMobil, the parent company of Esso. The Esso brand is not used in North America, and it was probably too much trouble to change the entire paint scheme of the Supra.
Check the Toyota GT-One '99 and the Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99, all the Esso logos have been changed to Exxon. On the back of the GT-One it even says "Exxon SuperFlo" instead of "Esso Ultron"
So those 2 in-game cars now carry advertising that their real-life versions never had.
Odd, but thats what I was looking for.

I prolly wasn't racing it, perhaps I mistaked the Xanavi Hiroto Skyline for the Supra. :grumpy:

But I thank you for telling me that.

There are 3 possible places to look, have you tried them all? I can't check for you as I'm mid b-spec at the 'ring.

Try: Toyota new cars, Toyota historic cars, and in the tuning section of some manufacturers there is a complete car option, so try the TRD section too.

Richard

S4A

EDIT: Pictures of the real-life cars (note Esso logos):
Toyota GT-One '99
Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99
WRONG. Esso is a major gas station chain up here.

That Esso Ultraflow Supra Race Car is in the PAL version indeed. I can buy it. It's just right between all other JGTC Supra's, so not at the tuner's, not at historic cars. Guess it's just not in the US version.:)

my question would be - why would Exxon care if it's Esso or Exxon? they're the same company..... just trying to be a pain in the butt? so glad they didn't remove all the Honda NSX or Integras just because they're known as Acuras here....

lifechooser
There are 3 possible places to look, have you tried them all? I can't check for you as I'm mid b-spec at the 'ring.

Try: Toyota new cars, Toyota historic cars, and in the tuning section of some manufacturers there is a complete car option, so try the TRD section too.

Richard
Definately not there. I've looked.

But, PD should've put the real cars rather putting a different sponser on them that never existed. Its quite odd they would stoop to that area.

WRONG. Esso is a major gas station chain up here.

Well I guess it's a case of the Canadian GT4 players having to live with changes made to suit the American market. Esso doesn't exist in the USA, so any reference to it was removed from the game. BTW the logos on the GT-One and 206 were also changed in GT3 as well.

I am from Portugal therefore I have the European version of the game.
The car is in the Toyota's New cars dealership.
I just wanted you to know that the car is in the European version.

The reason this car is important is because it has done most of the winning in the JGTC in the last couple of years, thanks to Jyuichi Wakisaka.

Just looks like its not in the US version b/c we don't have Esso.

BTW, crazy, he ws talking about US, not Canada.

So he wasn't WRONG!

But I only wanted to get it b/c of the neat paintjob. However, I do love my Takata, so that is enough for me.

USA and Canada get the same version of the game. So Canadians have to live with stupidity that was put in for us...

McLaren F1GTR
Just looks like its not in the US version b/c we don't have Esso.

BTW, crazy, he ws talking about US, not Canada.

So he wasn't WRONG!

But I only wanted to get it b/c of the neat paintjob. However, I do love my Takata, so that is enough for me.

We dont have Esso is Australia ethier, but we have the Esso Supra :D.

Back