The new Borgward- Large percentage of Borgward is for sale due to poor sales

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 122 comments
Why did i, for whatever reason, read BX-7 as RX-7?

Maybe had one on my mind, i guess.
Although, an RX-7 SUV would probably look intresting, to say the least. :lol:

Anyway, back looks alright, front could be better.

Oh God...another generic car company. :banghead: That is one of the dullest things today...almost as bad as Buick and Chevy.
Inoffensive yet good looking, which considering it's a mass market car for people who don't know the company, is what would he needed.

Inoffensive yet good looking, which considering it's a mass market car for people who don't know the company, is what would he needed.

I agree, you don't want to alienate yourself on the first attempt. Start with something which pleases everyone and then later build your brand identity and unique look when you have some market share. If they went into the market gun's blazing with really polarising looks it would be very risky.

I see this as going for the buyer who want's KIA / Hyundai but maybe want's a European marque or something which is slightly more upmarket.

This BX7 (I almost read it like "RX-7," as if Borgward acquired Mazda and wanted to turn the sports car into an SUV) looks great to me all around. The back end is kind of Porsche Cayenne/Macan like. I think it looks great to be honest. So I go from seeing the Bentley Bentayga to seeing this Borgwand BX7, praising both for their design.

[UPDATE] It's BX7, not BX-7, as I previously typed. Made extra edits.

Last edited:
For some of you guys complaining about it being "Generic", this is from a company that hasn't made anything in literally three decades (or more) so its abit unrealistic to somehow expect them to just come in and somehow blow the doors off everything. To have made something after that long of a time, Its not bad.

For some of you guys complaining about it being "Generic", this is from a company that hasn't made anything in literally three decades (or more) so its abit unrealistic to somehow expect them to just come in and somehow blow the doors off everything. To have made something after that long of a time, Its not bad.

I guess it's like when Great Wall came out. Gotta blend in to sell a few. Then, you can get a bit wild.
2011-great-wall-X240-4.jpg

isuzu_axiom_detroit_03.jpg

A little disappointed that Borgward is making generic looking SUVs. Would be cool if they brought back the Borgward Isabella.

Why were you even expecting so much? Again, they haven't made ANYTHING in decades so how were they supposed come put the box with something "wow" worthy?

I'm genuinely curious about this company - it's a piece of history coming back to haunt us, good or bad.

1) How on Earth do you pronounce it?
2) What price points are they looking at? I may buy one once they get up and going.

I'm genuinely curious about this company - it's a piece of history coming back to haunt us, good or bad.

2) What price points are they looking at? I may buy one once they get up and going.

It's just as you say it, Borg... Ward. Although some people say Bog... Ward. As for price nothing official but the BX7 is supposed to be around $29,000 USD.

Pronounce it Borg- word.

TS? Surely it isn't the best idea to go straight into the most niche crossover market when you haven't even started selling cars yet.

TS? Surely it isn't the best idea to go straight into the most niche crossover market when you haven't even started selling cars yet.

I get the feeling this was an idea of the investors.

Back