The New Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the World's Fastest Muscle Car

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 278 comments
Of course, they're reviving the Demon nameplate and going to use it on the Challenger. From the news sites I've been looking at, there's speculations of it being more powerful than the Hellcat. *yawn*

Honestly, I'm kinda bored of Dodge's "focus on more power" approach. I rather if they just make a new Challenger on a new platform already.

Of course, they're reviving the Demon nameplate and going to use it on the Challenger. From the news sites I've been looking at, there's speculations of it being more powerful than the Hellcat. *yawn*

Honestly, I'm kinda bored of Dodge's "focus on more power" approach. I rather if they just make a new Challenger on a new platform already.
Dodge isnt focusing on Power, its Focusing the Real American Pass time, Drag Racing.

I already know the options list so far according to people at Allpar, so much that its actrually Two different version of the Demon Challenger. one that would make it the Challenger Drag Pack for the masses that you can drive on the street.

Dodge isnt focusing on Power, its Focusing the Real American Pass time, Drag Racing.
Which basically still sounds to me like more power and torque purely for only straight line performance. You double posted by the way.

Which basically still sounds to me like more power and torque purely for only straight line performance. You double posted by the way.
What do you expect when drag racing is a sport where the average drag car 1200hp (pro NHRA), you trying to tell me these 1200hp GTRs, Supra's, and 700hp FWD machines Isnt built for just drag racing?

Last edited:
Err, the difference there is that they're built that way by the owners. The GTR specifically, has a great starting setup from the factory to go in different directions of motorsport by owners.

The Challenger on the other hand, isn't exactly a popular pick by owners who may want to have a car for lapping local tracks; it's pretty much setup for drag racing out the box in its simplest V8 trim. Judging by a lot of the reactions to the "Demon" or whatever, I think most folks would have been more surprised if Dodge gave their engineers a blank check & asked for the equivalent of a Z/28. I'll commend them if it's a reliable 1,000Hp car under $100,000, though.

What do you expect when drag racing is a sport where the average drag car 1200hp (pro NHRA), you trying to tell me these 1200hp GTRs, Supra's, and 700hp FWD machines Isnt built for just drag racing?
No, because that wasn't my point. You told me that Dodge wasn't focusing on more power and on drag racing. I was simply telling you that focusing on drag racing basically is focusing on more power.

Also, my point before that was this:
I rather if they just make a new Challenger on a new platform already.

Err, the difference there is that they're built that way by the owners. The GTR specifically, has a great starting setup from the factory to go in different directions of motorsport by owners.

The Challenger on the other hand, isn't exactly a popular pick by owners who may want to have a car for lapping local tracks; it's pretty much setup for drag racing out the box in its simplest V8 trim. Judging by a lot of the reactions to the "Demon" or whatever, I think most folks would have been more surprised if Dodge gave their engineers a blank check & asked for the equivalent of a Z/28. I'll commend them if it's a reliable 1,000Hp car under $100,000, though.

i think its just Dodge raising the bar, again. with them focusing on what most American Manufactures lost its roots in. Drag Racing. the fact that Dodge plans on Shipping This car with 2 Sets of Drag Radials, Available Skinnys (yes Skinnys) for the front, car modified to fit wider tires while being legal to drive on the street (widebody), line lock says that.

i think its just Dodge raising the bar, again. with them focusing on what most American Manufactures lost its roots in. Drag Racing. the fact that Dodge plans on Shipping This car with 2 Sets of Drag Radials, Available Skinnys (yes Skinnys) for the front, car modified to fit wider tires while being legal to drive on the street (widebody), line lock says that.
Yeeaaahh....
2015-cp-fuel-article11-ct-well-3-648x406.jpg

2016-ford-mustang-cobra-jet-FCI-4.jpg

We'll also ignore that the street cars (5.0/Z06/ZL1) have also put down insanely fast QTR mile times, usually with minor bolts and/or tune. So, it's clear as day the cars are still designed for drag racing if that's what owners want.

The rest of your needs a source & I hope it's not a Challenger forum....

Speculation is that it's either the widebody Challenger that's been in the works or has the AWD system from the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, or both.

That's been confirmed for release though I was pretty sure, from the user I quoted below.

I already know the options list so far according to people at Allpar, so much that its actrually Two different version of the Demon Challenger. one that would make it the Challenger Drag Pack for the masses that you can drive on the street.

Oh so actually getting tires under it that don't spin through five gears...cool

Also what gets me, and I wish I had the time to pull up all the posts saying this in the past 4 years on GTP. But Chrysler is doing a good job of living in the past. The days of Thunderbolts or D-Darts are gone, it's more niche then limited production hyper cars. So when they could be moving in different directions they rather keep backtracking.

I hope the Trailhawk does well because unlike much of the rest of Chrysler that actually has a place. Considering the ever growing market for super SUV.

@McLaren Also not to count the fact that Chrysler has also been long making a drag pak, so what's the need for this one? Which I'm sure our local Chrysler enthusiast will inform us on.

Last edited:
We'll also ignore that the street cars (5.0/Z06/ZL1) have also put down insanely fast QTR mile times, usually with minor bolts and/or tune. So, it's clear as day the cars are still designed for drag racing if that's what owners want.
Ford also did A LOT of drag strip testing with the new Mustang before it came out in 2015 to make sure the new IRS was up to the task, since they know a lot of people that buy them will use them there.

Ford also did A LOT of drag strip testing with the new Mustang before it came out in 2015 to make sure the new IRS was up to the task, since they know a lot of people that buy them will use them there.

Well sure, but then again when you build them with line lock in the first place, you should probably make sure your new IRS also holds up for that type of thing. So it wasn't just for drag strip reasons, also they basically give incentive to consumers to buy it and use it on a track with the standard things the car comes with.

It may lose 200lbs, but it's still a bit of a pig. At least this time around Dodge bothered to give it decent sized rubber over the Hellcat.

The Challengers in the newest Fast and Furious trailers are the Demons.

fd43fcc9703eb87ab2206361680cafcb.png

scene-from-the-fate-of-the-furious_100584846_l.jpg

scene-from-the-fate-of-the-furious_100584845_l.jpg

You can see the Demon logo highlighted in this picture.

vin-diesel-dodge-demon_100589590_l.jpg

The Challengers in the newest Fast and Furious trailers are the Demons.

fd43fcc9703eb87ab2206361680cafcb.png

scene-from-the-fate-of-the-furious_100584846_l.jpg

scene-from-the-fate-of-the-furious_100584845_l.jpg

You can see the Demon logo highlighted in this picture.

vin-diesel-dodge-demon_100589590_l.jpg

Of course they are, it wouldn't be a current FF movie on this side of the 2010 without massive Dodge promos in your face.

That new hood scoop though is a bit much, rest of it is pretty nice.

Dodge, if you're listening please axe this generation of Challengers or replace it. This is getting painful now.
Eh, if this car is as impressive as Dodge is going for, I'd say let them ride this gen. out with the Demon as its swan song.

The next gen. could use a bit of a different approach than just "powwaahhhh", though.

Back