TVR Griffith : 200mph,1200 kg and 0–60mph in less then 4 secs

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 255 comments
That's just it. He doesn't need to churn out anything else. As long as the F1 stood at the top of the supercar podium & will likely become the next 250 GTO in 10-20 years, that's all his resume needs.

And the fact he designed some of the most winning F1 cars.

He did work as an engineer in F1 for 37 years, and you do tend to pick up a few skills that way. And apart from the F1 and LCC Rocket, he also had a hand in the SLR McLaren, and of course the T25 and T27.

I would agree, however, that he is far more hyped than need be; there are many engineers out there with more impressive CVs.

And the Caparo T1 also was something he was tied too

It all comes down to what his involvement is, what his freedoms are; what they pay him to do, what they allow him to do.

Murray isn't so much about the numbers, and he's always been "big picture"; maybe that's why his "output" is so hard to count, or even see...

But, anyway, I reckon his involvement only stretches as far as the (design, engineering and) production of any composite parts, and probably his brand of formed-and-welded tubular steel chassis, too. The key points being the relatively low cost of said production, very useful for what is effectively a startup, and the modularity, flexibility and agility of the entire process. I'm sure any tips about signal / noise ratio in respect of driver involvement ("fun to drive") would be welcomed, too; he did design the McF1, after all!

Murray's manufacturing methods and materials will give the new TVRs futuristic / progressive credentials, whilst still being true to the "composite over steel" history it has always had. It could also, potentially, pave the way for other start-ups / collaborations in the same vein. Notice "iStream" has had exporting of both its diminutive factories as well as the finished products as an integral part of its development from the start...

TVR's bosses firing up the engine in Cosworth's dyno and talking about their future plans to Autocar.

Would they even have the funds to run a GTE programme at all? Over-optimistic is putting it lightly.

tvrv12_2.jpg

Kinda reminds me of the old TVR Project 7/12 actually.

Repost (kind of), of my TVR drawing. It's evolved slightly (different shutlines etc etc).
I also stretched the wheel base slightly in the third pic, to make it more Cerbera/Speed 12 like.

👍 Like the proportions. Remind me of the original Griffith 200/400.

Tuscan and Griffith are both pretty great names. I'd be fine with either.

That's a very F-Type profile, with a bit of the T350 blended in. Five-spoke (split) wheels?

Tuscan and Griffith are both pretty great names. I'd be fine with either.

That's a very F-Type profile, with a bit of the T350 blended in. Five-spoke (split) wheels?

I like both names too, just thought it being pictured with other Tuscans was maybe throwing us a clue.

As for the wheels. Looking at the spacing, I don't think they are split Five-spoke (too unevenly spaced for that).

So far so good on the design department for me. On the wheels, I'm seeing it as a split six or seven-spoke.

Ground effect might be a problem. I mean, underbody flow management is fine, and diffusers seem to make a small difference to road cars (at road speeds), but "proper" ground effect, with an externally sealed underbody area? I don't know if that's going to work on our bumpy roads, but at least TVRs might retain their fearsome reputation... :P

Might work properly if ride height is adjustable. Road mode, tack mode, etc.

Back