TVR Griffith : 200mph,1200 kg and 0–60mph in less then 4 secs

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 255 comments
tvr-t37-teaser-01.jpg

As far as I know, the previous TVR's weren't that reliable. I hope this is not the case anymore.
This new TVR looks good, so far. I'm intrigued.

As far as I know, the previous TVR's weren't that reliable. I hope this is not the case anymore.
Living with the foreknowledge that your car's electrical system is doomed to rot out is part of the classic British sportscar owning experience though. That and the fun games of "spot the Ford-sourced switchgear" and "where's that damn squeaking coming from?"

Looks like a European take on the MX-5 from that view to be honest.
Great, now I can't un-see that.

Hopefully, nowhere near the case, though. The Fiat based off the current Miata got hounded by reviews for being nowhere as good from what I read.

Great, now I can't un-see that.

Hopefully, nowhere near the case, though. The Fiat based off the current Miata got hounded by reviews for being nowhere as good from what I read.
:lol: Sorry dude, it was just too similar for me not to make the comparison. I don't want to see that every time I look at it any more than you but sadly I do. I rather it not be anything like the Miata, with the power it will produce for the size it should be insane, but looking like it does so far is a bit of downer for me.

:lol: Sorry dude, it was just too similar for me not to make the comparison. I don't want to see that every time I look at it any more than you but sadly I do. I rather it not be anything like the Miata, with the power it will produce for the size it should be insane, but looking like it does so far is a bit of downer for me.
I had a slight SLS-vibe from the front, so my first impression wasn't far off yours in regards to be underwhelming.

I had a slight SLS-vibe from the front, so my first impression wasn't far off yours in regards to be underwhelming.
Does look like an SLS headlight and Aston grill and 720S brake duct.... oh,... and C7 fender to bonnet/hood design.

Edit: If they're going to sell the car for 100k+ anyway, just remake the TVR on the left with modern gear. Done.

Does look like an SLS headlight and Aston grill and 720S brake duct.... oh,... and C7 fender to bonnet/hood design.

Edit: If they're going to sell the car for 100k+ anyway, just remake the TVR on the left with modern gear. Done.

I just see MX-5 with somewhat McLaren brake ducts.

Living with the foreknowledge that your car's electrical system is doomed to rot out is part of the classic British sportscar owning experience though. That and the fun games of "spot the Ford-sourced switchgear" and "where's that damn squeaking coming from?"
You're talking about an Alfa Romeo. British cars don't need electrics, just a hammer from a shed.

tvr_griffith_revealed_goodwood_revival_08092017_01.jpg

I really like the back of it, completely brings back TVR as I remember them. Even if I dislike the front of it even more now. I think it looks more RX9 concept than MX-5 but I still have trouble seeing the SLS

EDIT: after this image never mind I can see how some get an SLS vibe from it.
tvr_grifith_goodwood_08092017_540.jpg

Back