The Nurburgring World Tour Mega-Report

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 115 comments
Hopefully summer is 3 weeks away for me.
I will have time to make my DR great again.
But even if I am not invited I would like to go there only for the experience.
Atleast in the awards after Season 1 ends.

Anyway, the experience was amazing.
Polyphony was sooo carrying they (Translator San actually) even called Angelo when he got home to see if everything was ok as a lot of flights were cancelled because of thunderstorm.
I get some goosebumps only by reading this post. Imagine being there!

Reading that I almost felt like I was there myself!
Great write-up!
And congrats on your finish in the Manufacturers with your last pick Renault :lol:

That i didnt want to hear.. Means tyremodel updates arent coming any time soon or yhey are watering it down.

There’s an update for tomorrow, but I think if they update the new tyremodel is going to be after the 25th or 26th, that’s when the FIA Nations and Manufacturers season finishes.... it’s only fair to change anything after it finishes....

There’s an update for tomorrow, but I think if they update the new tyremodel is going to be after the 25th or 26th, that’s when the FIA Nations and Manufacturers season finishes.... it’s only fair to change anything after it finishes....

Not seeing any update notification yet, just normal maintenance

CJ

Maybe its already written somewhere, but who is who? I didnt completely watch the stream of the event, but it seems the players are only called with their real names. I know that Grady is GTP_Tidgney, but it would really interesting to know the rest.

Thanks

Maybe its already written somewhere, but who is who? I didnt completely watch the stream of the event, but it seems the players are only called with their real names. I know that Grady is GTP_Tidgney, but it would really interesting to know the rest.

Thanks
They have uploaded every driver's photo with name and nationality.
Have a look here.

Well then I think its stupid. Because we observe all the good drivers with their PSN IDs from the beginning. It gives me nothing when I know only their real names and don't know "who" they in PSN are

At least, can you tell us anything about the 10 finlaists @mclarenLB (and which one you are)?

Great write up @mclarenLB 👍

Not quite on the same scale, but the event PD put on at Brands for the 2010 UK Academy finals was also top notch - quality hotel, good food/drinks, very well organised etc etc.

N24 grid walk - jealous!

Any photos?

No. What I meant was the PSN nicks, not the GTplanet nicks.

Here is the mapping (kudos to Philippe Nicolay):

PSN - Name
mthomas_95 - Matthew Thomas
cubertom - Tom McPherson
GTA_Tidgney - Martin Grady
mclaren6 - Lewis Bentley
force_ewerby - Edward Williams
TRL_MANURODRY - Manuel Rodriguez
PUMPUNKU - Bruno Ferreira
blabla_ - Philippe Nicolay
xqwYLOw82hGC - Nick Aerts
inseeekk - Kamil Karsky
Michi_Jay - Michael Kasseckert
VP_Patohm - Patrick Weking
VP_Bellof956 - Kevin Richly
PhAnToM-Taky - Tarek Buschmann
TRL_Fuvaros - Patrik Blazan
RoKKoGSXR - Francisco Jimenez
IRT_NissmanR32 - Uros Rasic
ART_ADRIAN21 - Adrian Mayor
maatu79 - Markus Kononem
Zkippe - Kimmo Kaisla
besteo88 - Matteo Paolini
Giorgio_57 - Vincenzo Mangano
desmania25081972 - Angelo Schut
puupke - Sander Derksen
Spark_43 - Joost de Haas
fab99gd - Fabien Gaillard
TSRacing_Atho - Anthony Duval
TSBacing_Snake - Pierre Lenoir
TPL_AUGH - Loris Garnier
Benito-Raul - Benjamin Bader

Here is the mapping (kudos to Philippe Nicolay):

PSN - Name
mthomas_95 - Matthew Thomas
cubertom - Tom McPherson
GTA_Tidgney - Martin Grady
mclaren6 - Lewis Bentley
force_ewerby - Edward Williams
TRL_MANURODRY - Manuel Rodriguez
PUMPUNKU - Bruno Ferreira
blabla_ - Philippe Nicolay
xqwYLOw82hGC - Nick Aerts
inseeekk - Kamil Karsky
Michi_Jay - Michael Kasseckert
VP_Patohm - Patrick Weking
VP_Bellof956 - Kevin Richly
PhAnToM-Taky - Tarek Buschmann
TRL_Fuvaros - Patrik Blazan
RoKKoGSXR - Francisco Jimenez
IRT_NissmanR32 - Uros Rasic
ART_ADRIAN21 - Adrian Mayor
maatu79 - Markus Kononem
Zkippe - Kimmo Kaisla
besteo88 - Matteo Paolini
Giorgio_57 - Vincenzo Mangano
desmania25081972 - Angelo Schut
puupke - Sander Derksen
Spark_43 - Joost de Haas
fab99gd - Fabien Gaillard
TSRacing_Atho - Anthony Duval
TSRacing_Snake - Pierre Lenoir
TRL_AUGH - Loris Garnier
Benito-Raul - Benjamin Bader

Tree‘d :lol:

On top of everything @mclarenLB has put I did ask for us controller plebs how the new tyre model translates onto the DS4 and it sounds like they are re-working TCS as a whole so that it'll be less powerful at the lower settings. Kaz likened the current system as F1 powered rather than for GT3 which do run TC in real life and isn't as invasive.

Apparently if you run TC 1-2 with the new model it feels similar to what we have currently in game at 0 on exits. Didn't have the chance to test this but there were controllers at the event as I was offered the chance to use it for the event after first practice on Wednesday but protecting myself from death threats on live chat was more important :lol: (Needed to use the wheel anyway for Manufacturers as driver changes wouldn't really work with different control inputs, might as well get used to the wheel!)

Well, that sounds worrying :)

They added the option of using TC in the Gr1 Nations race because they thought people would need it but in the end I didn't see anyone use it so they might just be saying that to be on the safe side. Controller smooths out throttle input anyway.

Nice write up @mclarenLB, sounds like you had a pretty great experience. Imagine a lot of us are jealous! Nice to throw in some teasers as well, should be interesting in the coming updates what going on. Guess we all have to wait till 1st June.

On top of everything @mclarenLB has put I did ask for us controller plebs how the new tyre model translates onto the DS4 and it sounds like they are re-working TCS as a whole so that it'll be less powerful at the lower settings. Kaz likened the current system as F1 powered rather than for GT3 which do run TC in real life and isn't as invasive.

Apparently if you run TC 1-2 with the new model it feels similar to what we have currently in game at 0 on exits. Didn't have the chance to test this but there were controllers at the event as I was offered the chance to use it for the event after first practice on Wednesday but protecting myself from death threats on live chat was more important :lol: (Needed to use the wheel anyway for Manufacturers as driver changes wouldn't really work with different control inputs, might as well get used to the wheel!)

TC sounds interesting although not sure they should base it on F1 cars, TC has been banned for sometime on those! Hopefully will rework all the assists, is they leave CSA it will be just as powerful as it is now, negating any TC changes.

Was the throttle still non-linear btw?

Thanks for the report, enjoyed the read 👍

Would be just brilliant if they prohibit CSA in sportmode ? Or at least FIA ?

Yes if it's not allowed at these events, which judging of this one it isn't, then it needs banning from Sport Mode too (dailies and FIA) and I say this as someone who uses it quite a bit. Otherwise I'll still have to use it to compete against others around my level who still use it. I won't catch the top guys regardless, even if I use it and they all now don't as they want to practice for these events, so that is not really the issue, unless some of them are still using it of course. ;)

Yes if it's not allowed at these events, which judging of this one it isn't, then it needs banning from Sport Mode too (dailies and FIA) and I say this as someone who uses it quite a bit. Otherwise I'll still have to use it to compete against others around my level who still use it. I won't catch the top guys regardless, even if I use it and they all now don't as they want to practice for these events, so that is not really the issue, unless some of them are still using it of course. ;)

Pretty unlikely they will ban the use of any assists in the regular game, up to them if they decide not to use it to practice. But it will affect such a small amount, the guys that get to go to these events will be a very small percentage of the game who are more than capable of driving without assists and most already do. Unless they implement that CSA is an aid for keeping you on track but with a real consequence that it dramatically affects overall speed it will continue to be used.

Back