The nurburgring....??

• Thread starter TsLeng
  • 39 comments
Why is it so dark? :crazy:

For 1st timers, you are sure to be going off the track very very very often.

Even for me who played gt4 and know the track quite well, I can't drive properly in the enthusia version. 👎

The least they can do if they really want a dark track is to default switch on the headlights(mine didn't) so you can see the next corner coming up.

ANybody thinks so>

TsLeng

Even for me who played gt4 and know the track quite well, I can't drive properly in the enthusia version. 👎

The least they can do if they really want a dark track is to default switch on the headlights(mine didn't) so you can see the next corner coming up.

ANybody thinks so>

The whole track is done in another weather comparing to GT4, it is muddy and dark, very cloudy. The Nurburgring in GT4 is at a shiny weather.

edit : my display was already calibrated.

In fact, the weather in the Eiffel ( location of Nürburgring ) is often bad, cloudy and rainy... also the great amount of trees causes a lot of shadows... it can be really dangerous, even ringmeisters who raced thousands of laps can lose control when they drive from heavy sun into the dark shadows ( I think Uwe Altzen ruined a 600 hp Porsche in a reportage I saw)... in GT4 the Nürburging is fantasic, and it is nice that it is rather shiny, but there has to be a really good day if you want to have the same light situation in real life...

TsLeng

ANybody thinks so>

Nah, all it takes is adjusting to braking somewhat earlier, and you're golden, surprisingly even though i have to brake earlier i still get very similar laptimes to the ones i get in GT4, i can do clean laps with no problems in both GT4 and enthusia.

Max_DC
In fact, the weather in the Eiffel ( location of Nürburgring ) is often bad, cloudy and rainy... also the great amount of trees causes a lot of shadows... it can be really dangerous, even ringmeisters who raced thousands of laps can lose control when they drive from heavy sun into the dark shadows ( I think Uwe Altzen ruined a 600 hp Porsche in a reportage I saw)... in GT4 the Nürburging is fantasic, and it is nice that it is rather shiny, but there has to be a really good day if you want to have the same light situation in real life...

Thats why headlights would be good. 👍

I'll try adjusting my settings though...

Sorry to rain on any Enthusia fans but IMO, after driving the ring in GT4, the 'ring in Enthusia seemed realllllly off. No bumps. WTH?!? No Grafitti? WTH?!? No Fun? WTH?!?

BenW
Sorry to rain on any Enthusia fans but IMO, after driving the ring in GT4, the 'ring in Enthusia seemed realllllly off. No bumps. WTH?!? No Grafitti? WTH?!? No Fun? WTH?!?
I still think it´s a pretty fun track to drive, but the bumps on GT4 makes it much more exciting.

Its still a great track in Enthusia but it doesn't have that hanging-on-for-dear-life feeling that GT4s has.

Feels a little bit subdued without the bump modelling, like just driving on a bit of smooth metal or something.

GT4s ring is much better.

GT4 has the bumps, but the game's slot-cars-that-understeer physics hardly make for any exciting racing. Whenever I screw up on the GT4 'ring, I'm not thinking, "aw, I braked too late for that corner," I'm thinking, "god I wish Polyphony Digital would go out and actually try driving a car." It also kinda bothered me that pretty much any average car you'd find on the street could get airborne on the Flugplatz, when a 1967 F1 car with no downforce only got this high: http://im.edirectory.co.uk/products/1231/i/latpv011070.jpg
Oh, and GT4's inability to comprehend the fact that banked turns help you corner makes the Karussell a chore rather than a thrill.

Enthusia's 'ring may be smooth and graffiti-less, but other than those two factors I actually think the track looks more accurate in certain places. Besides, Enthusia's 'ring is the correct size. Ever felt claustrophobic on GT4's 'ring? Ever noticed how easy it is to post sub-8-minute times in all kinds of cars? Yeah. Polyphony Digital may have gone out and surveyed the track, but I think they accidentally dropped their data in with their laundry (which they could do at their office, if you haven't seen that episode of X-play) and left the washing machine on the "cold" setting.

My best no-black-flag time with a E30 BMW M3 Sport Evo is about 8'50", and the real-life lap record with that car on the ~1.8 mile longer, 24hour version of the course is 9'17". I've checked some of Enthusia's reference times, and the R-class cars are too fast, but everything else is pretty darn close; see for yourself, and compare some laptimes with other Enthusia cars that are listed here :) : http://nurburgring.de/?rubrik=rekorde&lang=eng

To get a low-7-minute time in GT4, all you need is a sorta-sporty car. In Enthusia, the SLR McLaren gets a time of about 7'40", and that's if you drive it like a madman.

(Sorry for the ranting, but I'm one of the many who was disappointed with GT4...)

i agree with Max_DC the ring in GT4 is nothing like the real ring. Its not nicknamed the "green hell" for being sunny and bright. The numerous times ive driven it in the real life, you often find yourself one moment blinded by momentary brightness and lose the track line when leaving the shaded woodland areas. I thik GT4 spoils us considerably. My other main grip with the ring in GT4 is that its far too flat. I real life its got some serious dips and rises which can often lead to blind visibilty in places.

ive not got EPR yet, my local shop only had 3 copies and all had sold out. pretty poor for a main high street retailer like GAME...

Inaccurate or not its just more fun in GT4 to me, I've races all 4 games with it for cosoles and the GT4 version is the most enjoyable. I cant be dissapointed if i never rove the real thing. The EPR version is dark. try chaning the downforce and tires and see if "you" think they feel like thay are on rails.

I got my EPR last night and i love it, taking the NSX on NBring was allmost orgasmic!!! :)

I can finally do simple mistakes that causes me to lose the "line" and do a 180, not like in GT4 where i set the cars to their worst setting at it was still a breeze to go fast. :indiff:

Negative stuff is that the cars do look slightly worse because of the "lesser" lighting on the tracks.

But for me when it comes to fooling the mind of realism, motion always win over looks!!!
It´s the subtle moves that the cars do on the track that make it look twice as real for me.....almost on par with Richard Burns on the PC!! 👍

I mowed the Nurburgring today in Enthusia for the first time since getting it.

I mowed it because I was on the grass more than on the track :)

I feel the need to start slowly with this track, what is the slowest car in Enthusia :)

Jeff

@murkz
I recommend anything light and FF to start with, i liked the SAAB...
Fast production FR´s can be a handfull when decelerating, make sure you downshift and brake at the right time or you´ll get your rear end handed to you in a heartbeat....
Any car is fun but my favourites on NB so far is the Lancia 037 and Renault 5.

I just cant stop playing!!!, the random car win is annoying though....got like 4 cars out of 15 wins!!

murkz
I mowed the Nurburgring today in Enthusia for the first time since getting it.

I mowed it because I was on the grass more than on the track :)

I feel the need to start slowly with this track, what is the slowest car in Enthusia :)

Jeff
Slow car? Try the old Beetle. 👍

OMG!!!!! Try driving in Enthusia for a week and then get back on GT4!!! Driving missions and S License golding now are cake!:)

p.s. A good lap at the ring on Enthusia is way harder than on GT4! Much more like the way it's supposed to be >> Way more realistic times too!!!!

Yeah, but the dark sqaure around the outisde of the screen, the blurring when you go fast, the slo mo before you hit a wall, and the white out afterwards. Come on. I just dont care for it.

BenW
Yeah, but the dark sqaure around the outisde of the screen, the blurring when you go fast, the slo mo before you hit a wall, and the white out afterwards. Come on. I just dont care for it.

Um... switch them all off then. You can even get rid of the dark border during a race by pressing circle a few times.

I have just adjusted the contrast, brightness, hue and colour on my vga box, which I use to play the PS2 on my pc monitor.

What a difference it's like night and day better :)

Before with the F just visible it was a dull looking game but I now have it so I can see the G and have gone to a track with a lot of shadows and parked where I can see the sun on the track and made the adjustment accordingly.

The grass is now green and where the light hits the track at Tskuba it dazzels you.

Nurburgring now looks like it's first thing in the morning and looks a whole lot better.

Jeff

murkz
I have just adjusted the contrast, brightness, hue and colour on my vga box, which I use to play the PS2 on my pc monitor.

What a difference it's like night and day better :)

Before with the F just visible it was a dull looking game but I now have it so I can see the G and have gone to a track with a lot of shadows and parked where I can see the sun on the track and made the adjustment accordingly.

Nurburgring now looks like it's first thing in the morning and looks a whole let better.

Jeff
Now make a video on it for us to see. :D

If i could I would :) does anyone know how to do this?

At Marco Strada it looks so much better and one of the tracks has a video wall I had never even noticed :)

Jeff

The only problem with turning up the brightness is that the texture of the city looks out of place at the Dragon Range.

Wolfe2x7
The only problem with turning up the brightness is that the texture of the city looks out of place at the Dragon Range.
Hi Wolfe2x7

I haven't tried Dragon Range yet but thanks for the heads up :) I'll turn it down for that race.

On the whole I prefer it brighter and more sturated as it brings the circuits to life for me.

I wonder if it's just my monitor on the way out or Enthusia's colour pallet is a bit off. Probably the first as my 21" monitor is now 5years old.

Jeff

I love the Ring in Enthusia. It has the right size and the replays use different camera positions than GT4 wich gives an interesting different look at the track. In a first quick try I ve' tried the Nissan racer, the NSX, MR2 and the old Mini and it's all very challenging and very much fun. If you get it right in the mini it looks great in the replay, a little car right on the limit but it's so easy to loose control. You have to be very careful but that's what makes it so much fun!

So, you guys are saying that you find driving ring in Enthusia more real than on GT4...
I've heard quite opposite, that the driving feel in Enthusia is a bit arcadey, compared to GT4, that you can recover easily from fast uncontrolable slides...
Don't say it's better cause the ring is better, which i doubt, because everybody say that in GT4 ring is almost identical in measurements... , but what is the driving, more realistically, or not.. ?

Latest Posts

Back