Period Correct Vehicle Thread

• Thread starter Sage Ages
  • 535 comments
tumblr_luv2zrjNpe1r2dcdfo1_1280.jpg

b96ff6e9bc1f82fa38868ad57e81abc7.jpg

Not sure I understand the definition of the thread. Are period correct mods those that were relevant when the car in question was new, or is this just about mods themselves that are consistently of any certain period? Body kits like this weren't available in the early '90s, were they? I thought this stuff came into popularity a few years before F&F came out? Which would be towards the end of the Civic's following generation.

I've interpreted it as a thread for pictures taken in period. I don't think everyone will have the experience to know which parts are "period correct" on a car that was built today versus one that was built in the time of reference.

Body kits like this weren't available in the early '90s, were they? I thought this stuff came into popularity a few years before F&F came out? Which would be towards the end of the Civic's following generation.
Looks around mid-90s to me. This stuff was around, but it probably didn't see much exposure in the US until the later part of the decade.

Got some more stuff from the early 00s that took the car scene by storm, front wheel drive "race cars" :D

0403it_03z+2000_Acura_Integra_GSR+Front_Drivers_Side_View.jpg

0710_impp_26_z+2000_acura_integra_gsr+right_front_view.jpg

7174003626_8e69c6023c_o.jpg

Thank goodness it's all done and dusted, but sometimes we see traces of the past sometimes. We call that, questionable modifications. :D

That white Prelude (yes, with an Integra light conversion) used to be everywhere in the late 90s-early 00's. I believe it got painted baby blue at some point as well.

I honestly kinda miss the whole bodykit phase people went though. The cars had character, and actually had some effort put in (though to which end, your mileage may vary). Much prefer it to all this 'stance' crap. That said, it may just be because I grew up when Pimp My Ride, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Max Power and Need for Speed Underground were the coolest things in the world.

Back