The Plane

WHAT IS IT WITH THE PLANE ON THE 3RD ISLAND? YOU CAN GET IN IT AND DRIVE IT BUT WHEN YOU TAKE OFF YOU ARE LUCKY IF YOU GET 2-3 SECONDS AIR TIME, SURELY I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG?

IF ANYONE HAS MANAGED TO ACTUALY FLY, LET ME KNOW, PLEASE!

Originally posted by HUDSONJONES
WHAT IS IT WITH THE PLANE ON THE 3RD ISLAND? YOU CAN GET IN IT AND DRIVE IT BUT WHEN YOU TAKE OFF YOU ARE LUCKY IF YOU GET 2-3 SECONDS AIR TIME, SURELY I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG?

IF ANYONE HAS MANAGED TO ACTUALY FLY, LET ME KNOW, PLEASE!

I can't even take off :(

How do you take off??

YOU KNOW YOU CAN ONLY GET IN THE SMALL PLANES? DONT TRY THE BIG ONES, THERE ARE A COUPLE OF SMALL PLANES AT THE AIRPORT NEAR THE BACK, ONE IN A HANGAR AND ONE NEAR THE RUNWAY.

I've gotten the plane to fly for about 10 sec. I did it off the bridge between shoreside and staunton. You gotta go full speed the whole way across.

ok i could diret you to a guide on gouranga.com but that would take too long, so ill write a version myself.

When ur trying to take off line up with the centre of the runway right from the start, if u go off line the landing lights stop you. Oh and don't worry about the (moving) planes. You can drive straight through them (sry if this spoils the game a bit).

Anyhow, as u go up the runway push the left analogue stick about half way up, so the plane picks up speed quicker. After a while you will see sparks and the plane will start to skip. Stay there. Keep holding the stick till the end of the runway. When you get there, just lift off the stick completely and the plane will shoot upwards. Level it out GENTLY by pushing up on the stick.

NOW YOUR FLYING!

To keep the plane up though you need to quickly flick upwards on the stick every so often so the plane starts heading down and picks up speed. As more air gets under the wings it will lift up higher again (you can pull down slightly on the stick to help if you want but its quite tricky).

NOW TURNING

This will take ages to get used to. Even I haven't got this perfected yet. Sort of push diagonally up-left or up-right NEVER down. You can't really get the plane straight again to be honest so decide where you want to go before you take off.

I hope this helps (and i bet it would have been quicker to direct you to the forum after all!) but if u have any problems just ask me. :)

Back