The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,842 comments
DWMZ8okVMAEaBOH.jpg

Could I ask you to ask your question in a different way, please?
Ok 1 of us is clearly not understanding the other haha. And tbh I am not sure if it is me or you at fault.

You say that there were many mental health hospitals and that they closed down. You then suggest opening them again might help with the mental health issues in the country. I then ask if you have none at all atm to which you say you do. I assume you mean that everyone who needs residential care has it and thus opening more hospitals and shoving more patients in them is going to do no one any good.

Sorry to anyone who felt my question was disrespectfull.
I don't think not knowing all affected by the latest school shooting is disrespectful--and come the next one, those names will vanish into obscurity for all but those who lost family and friends.

I don't think not knowing all affected by the latest school shooting is disrespectful--and come the next one, those names will vanish into obscurity for all but those who lost family and friends.

It shouldn't but if someone close to him reads such a question it might come as a blow some people don't know him.

I always try to be carefull when things happened that are this fresh.

So...crazy idea...take it up with the individual who used it.

I wasn't personally offended by it, and I wasn't suggesting that you said it. I was pointing out that while what you said was true, someone looking to be offended could easily find a target on this very page.

My post was intended as an addendum to yours.

I wasn't personally offended by it, and I wasn't suggesting that you said it. I was pointing out that while what you said was true, someone looking to be offended could easily find a target on this very page.

My post was intended as an addendum to yours.

Wasn't me either. But as a non native english speaker I took it as someone who used his body as a shield to protect his pupils/coworkers.

In dutch we say something like 'he caught the bullets for me'. So in that sense it could have been meant in that way?

Which would make it a glorification (and rightfully so) and not a derogatory way of phrasing it.

I'm just delivering what the Internet is offering.

The internet delivers lots of things you don't seem to post. How odd. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'll get out of your hair so you can keep laughing about dead kids. :cheers:

Back