The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,819 comments
xskZ1gC.gif

[EDIT] Click here to see Lucy's cartoon as envisaged by Schulz.

Last edited:
Nice to see a Trump supporter being suitably sympathetic regarding the tragedy in Nice. I'm not sure what was politically correct about the French banning face coverings and the wearing of religious symbols in public but hey.

Nice to see a Trump supporter being suitably sympathetic regarding the tragedy in Nice. I'm not sure what was politically correct about the French banning face coverings and the wearing of religious symbols in public but hey.

Burqas are a politically-correct bonanza. You can be PC and support them OR be PC and against them. If you're supporting them, you fall into the pro-Islam PC camp. If you're against them you fall into the pro-woman PC camp. Covered either way (ironically).

Burqas are a politically-correct bonanza. You can be PC and support them OR be PC and against them. If you're supporting them, you fall into the pro-Islam PC camp. If you're against them you fall into the pro-woman PC camp. Covered either way (ironically).
Meaning a bonanza for those who like to complain about political correctness, then. It's win-win for those people in this case.

Last edited:
Meaning a bonanza for those who like to complain about political correctness, then. It's win-win for those people in this case.

Depends on whether the complaining is due to enjoying complaining or because the person genuinely doesn't like what they're complaining about.

What an idiotic cartoon. Political correctness has nothing to do with it. The French have been pretty staunchly against organized religion ever since the revolution. The problems the French are facing have more to do with the aftermath of colonialism than "political correctness", but I wouldn't expect an ignorant Trumpist , whose trademark quality is arrogant ignorance, to have any awareness of that.

What an idiotic cartoon. Political correctness has nothing to do with it. The French have been pretty staunchly against organized religion ever since the revolution. The problems the French are facing have more to do with the aftermath of colonialism than "political correctness", but I wouldn't expect an ignorant Trumpist , whose trademark quality is arrogant ignorance, to have any awareness of that.
Yes blame the Dutch Trumpist! BOOOOOOOO

What the cartoon is saying is that politicians and the media in France, like most other western nations, are currently hesitant to call the problem of radical Islamists for what it is. Instead stating it must be the act of one sick individual and the religion has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Hence "political correctness".

What the cartoon is saying is that politicians and the media in France, like most other western nations, are currently hesitant to call the problem of radical Islamists for what it is. Instead stating it must be the act of one sick individual and the religion has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Something seems to be a bit off here.

Who thinks that I am a Trump supporter?

Something seems to be a bit off here.

Who thinks that I am a Trump supporter?

I wasn't under the impression that you had drawn the cartoon.

Whether you call it "radical Islam" or not makes no difference to the essential problem - that there are hundreds of thousands of disaffected French citizens of North African heritage who feel marginalized & angry. It is Trumpist idiocy to pretend that there is an easy solution to this problem along the lines of being "politically incorrect" or speaking tough. People who are prepared to blow themselves up in order to kill others are not going to be deterred by a rich, spoilt, pampered, coiffed, narcissistic blowhard like Trump.

Ok well it seems @Dennisch is in the clear now :D

I do think the cartoon makes sense as it is indeed a current phenomenon, especially in the EU. That the cartoonist is a Trump supporter isn't relevant to the theme, so i don't think the cartoon specifically deserves the bashing.

Not you. The cartoonist.

trump_hero_rgb_ben_garrison.jpg

That looks like the kind of cartoon a North Korean newspaper might publish about Kim Jong Un - another pampered, conceited, self-identifying "alpha male" with a weird hairdo - vanquishing the US. :rolleyes:

Using "politically incorrect" language isn't going to solve any of these serious, complex problems, it may, on the other hand, alienate people whose help you need to tackle them.

Using "politically incorrect" language isn't going to solve any of these serious, complex problems, it may, on the other hand, alienate people whose help you need to tackle them.

I'm not in agreement with this approach, but I believe the idea is that you need politically correct actions/solutions to tackle these problems, and that without taking those steps you'll fail to solve the problem and end up falling on your politically correct sword.

If you're a believer (which I am not) that we need actions like building a giant wall or banning Muslim immigration or rounding up all the jews, and that you don't take these steps because of political correctness, then you believe that political correctness is killing your country.

Ok well it seems @Dennisch is in the clear now :D
When wasn't he in the clear? It looks like you misread my and @Biggles's posts when you talked about "blaming the Dutch Trumpist".

I do think the cartoon makes sense as it is indeed a current phenomenon, especially in the EU. That the cartoonist is a Trump supporter isn't relevant to the theme, so i don't think the cartoon specifically deserves the bashing.
If the cartoon was being bashed it wasn't specifically because of the cartoonist's political leanings but on his blaming the tragedy on something not all of us are convinced was responsible.

Last edited:
Snopes
To put things in perspective, the Los Angeles Times pointed out in a 7 September 2016 report that themed housing focused on cultural identity is hardly a new phenomenon on college campuses.Stanford, Wesleyan and Cornell are among prestigious, long-standing universities that host living quarters for students based on heritage or specific interests, including Native American, Latino, European, Jewish and African diaspora students. The housing type is by no means new or specific to California State University at Los Angeles, nor does offering themed housing mean a campus is enforcing racial segregation.

Back