The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,842 comments
....Actually, I know a guy from Singapore with the Discord handle of TheSovietOnion. What a coincidence, are you him by any chance?
Not from Singapore and don't use Discord.

....Actually, I know a guy from Singapore with the Discord handle of TheSovietOnion. What a coincidence, are you him by any chance?
I'm Canadian and I like The Onion. Maybe it's me:sly:

0nt2rtZCcvw.jpg

7ykozU5HRxs.jpg

Ok, back up a sec. I'm counting zero sets of ear protection that sit over the ear. Am I to believe that this was done with one of those little spongy things in everyone's ears (also not visible)? or do people not care about hearing in this photo? Or is that gun somehow silenced without a silencer?

2500 dead in Pearl Harbor. Totally not a reason.

Neither is Germany declaring war on the U.S.

Nope, no reason at all, in fact I heard when the American troops arrived everyone was sitting at a campfire making s'mores.

Ok, back up a sec. I'm counting zero sets of ear protection that sit over the ear. Am I to believe that this was done with one of those little spongy things in everyone's ears (also not visible)? or do people not care about hearing in this photo? Or is that gun somehow silenced without a silencer?

Made of sterner stuff is our Lizzie.

Made of sterner stuff is our Lizzie.

Yup. I've always loved the notion that it is somehow weak for your hearing to be able to be damaged. Like you can develop middle ear muscles that can out-flex the loud noises and protect you. Real men don't go deaf when exposed to loud noises.

Yup. I've always loved the notion that it is somehow weak for your hearing to be able to be damaged. Like you can develop middle ear muscles that can out-flex the loud noises and protect you. Real men don't go deaf when exposed to loud noises.

I recall there was some comment about the picture at the time. It was in the days before ear defenders or range glasses were normally issued. The Queen's probably half-deaf anyway from a life in front of brass bands and Prince Phillip.

I recall there was some comment about the picture at the time. It was in the days before ear defenders or range glasses were normally issued. The Queen's probably half-deaf anyway from a life in front of brass bands and Prince Phillip.

Apparently a live round being fired by an SA-80 records up to about 158db for the person in the firing position, which is pretty loud, comparable to a top fuel dragster, which is probably the loudest thing I've ever heard... the physical effects of which are astonishing. Could it have been a practice round?

AKqiX5-Td7M.jpg

A combo of two news trending in Russia: a painting by Ilya Repin, "Ivan the Terrible kills his son" being damaged by a vandal in Tretyakov Gallery and the 'murder' of journalist Arkadiy Babchenko who later appeared alive:
QBUlrqZk59k.jpg

"IVAN THE TERRIBLE KILLS ARKADIY BABCHENKO"

Did they discuss policy?

He may not be a policy genius himself, but he's a shrewd business man and will surround himself with the best and brightest the country has to offer. We don't need a brilliant person in the whitehouse, what we need is a manager who can harness those brilliant people so that we can get the most out of our nation's brain trust on issues like prison reform and sentencing.

Back