The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,759 comments
vaccine.gif

@UKMikey For the record, it never happened. Although, ironically, he DID actually try to force choke the life out of her in Season 1. :dopey:
It's a satirical cartoon commenting on the actress's sudden exit from the show.

Baby Yoda is a Sith Lord who will be mentored by a resurrected Darth Jar Jar and will go on to kill Cara Dune as he final test.

Baby Yoda is a Sith Lord who will be mentored by a resurrected Darth Jar Jar and will go on to kill Cara Dune as he final test.
And as a final "**** you" to Gina Carano, the role will be portrayed by Caitlyn Jenner after her run at CA governor via recall election inevitably fizzles.

This is my new favorite argument in the social media censorship debate.

20210408_101643.png

The tweet is a response to another that includes mild profanity in the form of an adjective that invokes fecal matter, so language warning, but I recommend observing it in context here.

It's a satirical cartoon commenting on the actress's sudden exit from the show.

I get it. I just found this comic somewhat amusing because the Baby Yoda character really DID try to kill Cara Dune (on the show). Though not by spacing her.

VBR

If you had just come out on your own and made this statement, it's a fair point. But that you choose an image of Nazi agent in the background making this statement really makes me shake my head (the fact that it's a fictional character from comics and movies doesn't really change my impression).

Again, yes, I KNOW it's the Cartoon Image thread. But seriously? The only way I can imagine posting this image is to highlight a sense of irony. Which somehow, I don't think was really your point. Unless I'm mistaken?

Why is the love child between Darth Vader and Darth Maul saying neck-beard things in a Nazi uniform?

Why is the love child between Darth Vader and Darth Maul saying neck-beard things in a Nazi uniform?

redskull.gif

... admittedly, not quite as hard as old "only reasonable people agree with me" helmet head though.

"If reasonable people object, you're not reasonable" is an intentional misuse of the word "reasonable". It's very much akin to the way religious people double-use the word "believe". Reasonable people can object to each other, and it doesn't make both or perhaps either of them not reasonable. Reasonable people can be wrong.

So dumb.

Jordan Peterson.

Sorry, the Canadian love child of Darth Vader and Darth Maul. Seriously though, I don't really have any idea who Jordan Peterson is outside a quick Googling, but he seems like a terrible person.

But I just looked up the red Nazi. So Red Skull? What a completely uninspiring name for a supervillain. He had surprisingly white teeth though, I guess that's because he doesn't want anyone to say they did nazi him coming?

Sorry, the Canadian love child of Darth Vader and Darth Maul. Seriously though, I don't really have any idea who Jordan Peterson is outside a quick Googling, but he seems like a terrible person.

But I just looked up the red Nazi. So Red Skull? What a completely uninspiring name for a supervillain. He had surprisingly white teeth though, I guess that's because he doesn't want anyone to say they did nazi him coming?

Never go full red skull. Just like green face:

MV5BNzAxYmU2YmItODJkNC00MzljLTkxMjctNWM4Njg1MDVhN2Y1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

Jordan Peterson is the guy who teenage, mostly upper-middle-class white conservative boys watch when they want to feel intelligent and own the libs.

I didn't know he was political (doesn't surprise me). I'm only aware of him as a confused pseudo-intellectual who works entirely too hard trying to make religion make sense.

I didn't know he was political (doesn't surprise me). I'm only aware of him as a confused pseudo-intellectual who works entirely too hard trying to make religion make sense.
He's a psychology professor by trade. And quite honestly, he seems to be a very intelligent and well-credentialed figure in the psychology field. However, when it comes to politics, he has the same reactionary right-wing beliefs as any other popular conservative influencer, but gussies them up with flowery and scientific language to make them sound more sophisticated and "correct". He's most famous for his overtly transphobic beliefs, as well as coining the term "cultural marxism" which has a striking similarity to "cultural bolshevism", a common phrase once used by you-know-whos.

Last edited:
He's a psychology professor by trade. And quite honestly, he seems to be a very intelligent and well-credentialed figure in the psychology field. However, when it comes to politics, he has the same reactionary right-wing beliefs as any other popular conservative influencer, but gussies them up with flowery and scientific language to make them sound more sophisticated and "correct". He's most famous for his overtly transphobic beliefs, as well as coining the term "cultural marxism" which has a striking similarity to "cultural bolshevism", a common phrase once used by you-know-whos.

Yea he does the same for religion. Gussies up terrible arguments with flowery language that confuses people into thinking he's smart and probably right.

If you had just come out on your own and made this statement, it's a fair point. But that you choose an image of Nazi agent in the background making this statement really makes me shake my head (the fact that it's a fictional character from comics and movies doesn't really change my impression).

Again, yes, I KNOW it's the Cartoon Image thread. But seriously? The only way I can imagine posting this image is to highlight a sense of irony. Which somehow, I don't think was really your point. Unless I'm mistaken?

Yes, you are mistaken (at least in part), which is perfectly understandable as it's a very new meme that has surfaced in the last few days. You're right about it being ironic.

VBR
Yes, you are mistaken (at least in part), which is perfectly understandable as it's a very new meme that has surfaced in the last few days. You're right about it being ironic.

Somehow I don't think you two are on the same page.

Back