The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,850 comments
"Spewing the norm"... how delightful. As the person who wrote the post I'm guessing it was replying to another post whose subject was with the type of people Trump was surrounding himself with. If prison reform wasn't being discussed then his tweet was misleading. That's Trump's fault, not mine.

Just seems like a crazy thing to come after me about.

The point is, rather than trying to bring clarity to the subject, you either perpetrate what others said (be it Trump or anti-Trump) that failed to do such. Prison reform was probably discussed, but it wasn't the core of the subject, it was a particular woman's case and bid for clemency that was the main subject.

But with the conservative media's vociferous response to jabs at the current first family, one has to imagine their justification for their own remarks directed at the previous one--during the previous administration--is that it was "preemptive retaliation."

With Trump's new indignation at suggestions that Robo-Melania has had a facelift his older tweets accusing other public figures of having the same are naturally doing the rounds.

The point is, rather than trying to bring clarity to the subject, you either perpetrate what others said (be it Trump or anti-Trump) that failed to do such. Prison reform was probably discussed, but it wasn't the core of the subject, it was a particular woman's case and bid for clemency that was the main subject.

The fact remains that Trump announced that they discussed prison reform. He made it the headline of the meeting, nobody else.

The fact remains that Trump announced that they discussed prison reform. He made it the headline of the meeting, nobody else.
Precisely. In addition the tweet was quoted in discussion of another point entirely (whether Obama's White House visits amounted to the same thing).

Again they probably did, the point being, even him saying that was the basis in a tweet doesn't make it true, doesn't mean people here cant' further fact check it (for as much as they complain about him getting it wrong). So again I stand by what I've said.

Again they probably did, the point being, even him saying that was the basis in a tweet doesn't make it true, doesn't mean people here cant' further fact check it (for as much as they complain about him getting it wrong). So again I stand by what I've said.
Again, I didn't make any claims as to the veracity of the tweet because that had nothing to do with what the post was about. Not sure when I became the official fact checker for Trump's tweets but I guess this is another example of Corvette being Corvette and needlessly dragging something out.

If you don't think the facts have been checked fully enough I would respectfully suggest that you do it yourself.

Again, I didn't make any claims as to the veracity of the tweet because that had nothing to do with what the post was about. Not sure when I became the official fact checker for Trump's tweets but I guess this is another example of Corvette being Corvette and needlessly dragging something out.

If you don't think the facts have been checked fully enough I would respectfully suggest that you do it yourself.

That I do what myself? I brought the facts up which is why I questioned the typical standard of "oh such and such is doing this well let's question it and berate rather than see if there is more to it". I never said you made the claim, I quoted you originally for extending what Trump had said and going with it because it seemed to benefit your bias of said person. Ah I see another person wanting to use that line, needlessly dragging out stuff because you guys want to spew BS without anyone actually holding you to task. Sorry if I broke up the community bashing, with wanting to see some clarity among individuals I'd think had intellectual thought and fortitude to make sure they weren't running with the same vague undertones the President tweets with.

Also for you and anyone else who has issues with me arguing against them, by all means put me on ignore. Strange though considering you and me recently had an argument on this same sub forum and resolved it, but yes, I'm unwavering I forgot.

Ah I see another person wanting to use that line, needlessly dragging out stuff because you guys want to spew BS without anyone actually holding you to task.
Yes, how dare I repost a tweet of Trump's without comment instead of thoroughly fact checking and debunking it first? Not sure how this equates to "berating" him.

Rather than decry a straight repost as "BS" why not read it in the context in which it was quoted as I've invited you to do multiple times?

I have no issues with you arguing against me but if you're going to do so at least take me to task on something I've actually done rather than persist with this meaningless attack.

Last edited:
Yes, how dare I repost a tweet of Trump's without comment instead of thoroughly fact checking and debunking it first? Not sure how this equates to "berating" him.

But you did comment, in actuality your posting of it was to bring clarity to a joke someone else did based on that image and tweet. I clearly had no issue with it, but rather the quote I did actually quote you on. I could have actually informed you that yes other celebs have had their time to talk policy, as you posed the question prior when Penso made a point of this not being something special as the internet makes it out to be.

clooney_obama_donors_wide-329d7e1480b15c2b4a7a8cc326b688c8bb01cff8-s800-c85.jpg

Rather than decry a straight repost as "BS" why not read it in the context in which it was quoted as I've invited you to do multiple times?

I have no issues with you arguing against me but if you're going to do so at least take me to task on something I've actually done rather than persist with this meaningless attack.

I have read the context multiple times and did so carefully or I wouldn't be dissecting it from the memory of those multiple times. Why wouldn't I? The fact you assume I haven't is strange yet I bring up what you said word for word when needed.

This isn't meaningless, what I see is continual attack on a person no matter their actions, and find any little thing to expand on and attack them for.
I just find it interesting that Trump has entertained certain celebs who want to talk politics, and yet from my view of what I read here and other places this is bad. Yet celebs through other Presidents have been made envoys, some have been directly tied to the U.N. and such and yet this by and large isn't demonized to the same length as I've seen with Trump. Also I'm curious as to why it matters, if these same big names invest in politics through Super Pacs, fundraisers, political campaign parties, and so on in the name of personal politics, then why is this use of celebrity so bad?

This isn't meaningless, what I see is continual attack on a person no matter their actions, and find any little thing to expand on and attack them for.
If your post isn't "Trump didn't say that despite his saying so in a tweet" and has shifted to the familiar "well but Obama did it too" then asking to what extent they discussed policy isn't an attack on Trump. Even joking about his former status as a reality star isn't a devastating criticism of his policies to date unless you choose to see it as such.

Not much more I can add as I've tried to make my position as clear as possible throughout multiple posts. I'd suggest however that if you want to see something other than "continual attack" on a sitting president that you look elsewhere and not in a political cartoon/image/meme thread.

If your post isn't "Trump didn't say that despite his saying so in a tweet" and has shifted to the familiar "well but Obama did it too" then asking to what extent they discussed policy isn't an attack on Trump. Even joking about his former status as a reality star isn't a devastating criticism of his policies to date unless you choose to see it as such.

Not much more I can add as I've tried to make my position as clear as possible throughout multiple posts. I'd suggest however that if you want to see something other than "continual attack" on a sitting president that you look elsewhere and not in a political cartoon/image/meme thread.

Look elsewhere?

I gave the point of my post from the perspective that I saw this exchange between Kardashian and Trump as a joke to some, hence again quoting what I did. I never said Trump didn't say what he obviously did in a tweet, I said that prison reform wasn't exactly the main topic, but again a specific clemency case that Kardashian felt her celeb power could bring attention to.

I gave the point of my post from the perspective that I saw this exchange between Kardashian and Trump as a joke to some, hence again quoting what I did. I never said Trump didn't say what he obviously did in a tweet, I said that prison reform wasn't exactly the main topic, but again a specific clemency case that Kardashian felt her celeb power could bring attention to.
OK, I'll have one more try before throwing in the towel. I'm not sure whether you would admit this but the tweet was presented very badly in a way that left Trump open to the ridicule you seem to despise. By saying he was discussing "prison reform and sentencing" he gave the impression that this was a high level discussion. However, pretty much every news item I could find that discussed the story mentioned that Kardashian was there to argue clemency for Alice Johnson, and Trump has had other celebs in the White House before without inviting a similar level of attack.

The next time I see a Kardashian related meme though I'll be sure to treat it with the appropriate gravity.

5RaQurT.png

OK, I'll have one more try before throwing in the towel. I'm not sure whether you would admit this but the tweet was presented very badly in a way that left Trump open to the ridicule you seem to despise. By saying he was discussing "prison reform and sentencing" he gave the impression that this was a high level discussion. Pretty much every news item I could find that discussed the story mentioned that Kardashian was there to argue clemency for Alice Johnson, and Trump has had other celebs in the White House before without inviting a similar level of attack.

The next time I see a Kardashian related meme though I'll be sure to treat it with the appropriate gravity.

5RaQurT.png

I'm pretty sure I agreed it was a bad tweet in one of my previous post or perhaps since I didn't say it like that word for word you didn't see it as such. But yes it is a bad tweet because it makes it seem like a larger topic was being discussed rather than a narrow one. That's misleading and undermines what was trying to be done.

If I didn't think it was a bad tweet I wouldn't have issue with other projecting it further rather than saying "wait why did he tweet about a clemency case as overall prison reform?"

Though you seem to be confusing simply what my point is by your hilarious image in the end.

What's bad, the tats or the gun? Or is it anti-American irony?

The image links to the source, but I think that isn't too obvious.

From the source:

Immigrant children are being used by criminals to enter the US, and by politicians as political pawns. MS-13 gang.

Latest Posts

Back