The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,844 comments
....Wait, I thought he's an African-Canadian? Hmm... He's an American, too? How confusing.

1) One of his parents is Canadian, yes
2) He has had United States citizenship since 2002
3) Canada is part of America
4) Africa is a continent just like America

Explaining jokes is like dissecting a frog; nobody enjoys it and it dies.

1) One of his parents is Canadian, yes
2) He has had United States citizenship since 2002
3) Canada is part of America
4) Africa is a continent just like America

Explaining jokes is like dissecting a frog; nobody enjoys it and it dies.

...I know, hence I never took Biology class way back when.

-hdtnudgADM.jpg

IMG-20180904-WA0014.jpg

awXwdAW_460s.jpg

I must clarify that I'm still buying Nike shoes, as I already knew that they (and all the other big companies) use cheap (slave) labourers to make their products and I just don't care. If I want to avoid that I need to make my own shoes.

Last edited:
Gotta give it to May, she must have a quality make-up artist to make that face less sour.

The cross burning and drone strike aren't real either. They're obviously satirical posts.
Never would have guess that you would make fun of leftists overreacting to the Nike/Kaepernick thing. Colour me surprised.

Never would have guess that you would make fun of leftists overreacting to the Nike/Kaepernick thing. Colour me surprised.
That's a pretty singular interpretation given that the sneaker burning is in itself a gross overreaction to the announcement of Kaepernick's sponsorship. Memers gotta meme and I kinda doubt cross burning and drone striking are aimed at satirising "leftists'" reaction to the "controversy".

That's a pretty singular interpretation given that the sneaker burning is in itself a gross overreaction to the announcement of Kaepernick's sponsorship. Memers gotta meme and I kinda doubt cross burning and drone striking are aimed at satirising "leftists'" reaction to the "controversy".
The drone strike makes sense and is obviously satire. But the creation of a fake narrative about someone burning their shoes and ending up in the hospital as a result goes beyond the traditional level of exaggeration one might find in satire and crosses over to just a blatant falsehood IMO. Posting a real picture of a burn victim's feet is something most people wouldn't find funny...or at least I don't think so. Just thought I'd point it out since some people will surely believe it's real and someone was really injured.

The cross burning and drone strike aren't real either. They're obviously satirical posts.

To be fair, I saw the burning feet tweet and assumed it was real, given the burnt feet image.
Though I will say it came up on my timeline without me understanding why people were so angry at Nike.

Back