The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,850 comments
DxDDB3kX4AI4zsH.jpeg

Aftermath of WW1 in the Middle East

Seems clever at first. But then falls apart completely under scrutiny. An equivalent Thoughts and Prayers scenario would be to use them to comfort people after a border crossing, not for protection. So maybe the sign should read something like:

"Let's solve border security like we solved school security: "My thoughts and prayers are with those affected". Job Done!"

[/overthink]

This meme perfectly explains how World War 1 became the death of empire itself.
Pretty much although I think colonial empires like Britain's and France's carried on until the post WWII years.

Pretty much although I think colonial empires like Britain's and France's carried on until the post WWII years.

Indeed true but the Ottomans, the Russians and the Austrians basically represented the old classical order after ww1 that was shattered but also Britain's Empire and France was also weakened even if they won.

World War 1 basically set the stage for the USA to become the next superpower.

If a posthumous cameo is supposed to be in questionable taste, then I'm not sure what to make of Marvel's rival DC who released an entire movie with a dead co-star. It's generally regarded as their most critically acclaimed one as well.

Not sure how political the cartoon is though.

Last edited:
Except it isn't about the cameo. It's about Disney using his twitter to promote Captain Marvel that sparked some outrage.

But I thought the picture was funny, don't care about the outrage.

Back