The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,842 comments
I think it's POW! Entertainment not Disney who are using his account to promote the movie.

I don't really understand the problem, there's quite a few celebrities that manage to still plug products on Twitter (and elsewhere) despite being dead. Granted I will say it's a tad tasteless, but as long as the product is related to what they did when alive I'm fine with it.

I don't really understand the problem, there's quite a few celebrities that manage to still plug products on Twitter (and elsewhere) despite being dead. Granted I will say it's a tad tasteless, but as long as the product is related to what they did when alive I'm fine with it.
Being that Stan Lee was a figurehead for comic book (and byproduct) fandom, take advantage of his legacy like that and you run the risk of drawing the ire of that particular group. And it seems to me that that group--the embodiment of which is illustrated below--likes to have their ire drawn.

comic-book-guy-internet-king.jpg

:P

Hypocrisy at its finest.

I think I have said it before, but that is how you can recognize an American tourist in the Netherlands. They're the only ones who wear a helmet while riding a bike.

I think I have said it before, but that is how you can recognize an American tourist in the Netherlands. They're the only ones who wear a helmet while riding a bike.
A friend used to rib me by saying "I dress to ride, whereas you dress to crash." I always took it in jest, but I'm a staunch advocate of helmet use when operating any mode of transport that doesn't envelope you.

but I'm a staunch advocate of helmet use when operating any mode of transport that doesn't envelope you.

Yep same for me.
I am however in the unusual situation of not be obliged to wear a helmet as a child which I never did but as an adult it being a legal requirement.

What's the gist of the video as it's locked for me?

What's the gist of the video as it's locked for me?
"Today in Obama Scandal History"; five years ago [yesterday], Obama wore a helmet while riding a bike (*gasp*) and Fox News...lost...its...🤬.

Screenshot_20190322-073930.png

In the words of Sean Hannity, "Putin, big, strong, muscular, on a horse.* There's Obama riding a little bicycle with a, with a helmet on; a leisure-- not, not like a real racing bike, I mean, just going out for a leisurely-- they got this dumb hat on, dumb helmet on. This is humiliating; it's unnecessary; you deserve better. We as a country deserve better...and we can do better."

*You can practically hear the front of his pants stretching.[/s]

Helmut Marko. And yes, that is his helmet from the '72 French GP where he lost his left eye.
Appreciated. And there's undoubtedly a joke somewhere in there, but as it happened 47 years ago, it's surely already been made.

I like the headline in that video that said Bush suggested Obama play more golf considering how much flack he eventually got for that from Trump and others.

Latest Posts

Back