The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,842 comments
wgaek0ycgm051.jpg

I usually agree with your posts in this thread and I'm no fan of Gates, but that's straight-up conspiratorial.
I'm also not a fan of Gates but I think the point of the post is to show how stupid the "Gates is trying to chip us through a vacination" thing is. They can already track you if they wanted to because we all carry cell phones and share most of our personal information with it. No need to implant a chip in you by force.

We both know that China isn't a "communist" country. There has never been any truly "Communist" countries in the world; the Soviet Union and the People's Republic of China were both totalitarian superstates, and Cuba and other latin-American countries were embargoed by the US before they could even implement communism.

If I'm not wrong, China is considered a "command economy" in which China has a market economy containing a mixture of privately-owned and state-owned enterprises. Either way, child labor exists because of a lack of regulation. Child labor contributes to making Chinese corporations so profitable.

Ok fine, lets say China isn't Communist (I disagree, but that's for another thread). It's certainly not capitalist though since the state largely runs the economy and while it gives a whiff of free trade, it's not anywhere close to being a free market. So with all that in mind, it still doesn't change that child labor isn't exclusive to unregulated capitalism. It's a byproduct of awful people.

And even if there weren't laws against child labor in the US, I can assure you no one in today's America would accept six-year-olds mining coal (or really any job outside acting and/or modeling). But really child labor laws are kind of ridiculous because it prevents someone who's say 13 and wants to work from actually working. I started "working" around 10 years old for my mom's business. Was it much? Not really, just cleaning, picking up, and doing odds and ends that a 10-year-old could do. I earned money and was able to buy video games, it also taught me that if I wanted something I had to work for it.

I don't know what that's about but I approve of the appropriation of Death Race 2000 iconography. It's an awful, awful movie that everyone should watch at least twice.
Whereas the 2008 remake should be avoided at all costs. The tepidest race movie I ever watched.

@Scaff is referring to the events in his post in the Britain thread.

Whereas the 2008 remake should be avoided at all costs. The tepidest race movie I ever watched.
I haven't and don't intend to; I don't particularly care for what's-his-face. I'm given to understand there's even a sequel, though that may have been straight-to-video and doesn't actually feature what's-his-face.

@Scaff is referring to the events in his post in the Britain thread.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks. Seems there's also at least one other post here on the subject.

Also took the opportunity to get caught up in that thread by going to the first unread post. Of course doing so would have to both begin and end with Dotini.

Couple screenshots I grabbed browsing an article. The first is an ad over a video that's just so good that I wonder if it was intentional.

20200527_161431.png
Screenshot_20200527-155736.png

Even though the police began the violence, "Still, he says the vast majority of protesters have been peaceful."

gajpsxwj9h151.jpg

Last edited:
Back