The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,760 comments
staying sane.jpg

Considering it's basically impossible for Rittenhouse to have known the background of any of his victims I'm not seeing how the fact one of the victims was a scumbag suddenly makes it ok as it could just as easily been a kindergarten teacher who cared for rescue puppies in their free time.

How does the meme imply that it's ok to kill anybody? It's just ironic fact that was revealed after what makes the meme funny. And of course that part about defunding the police and community policing is funny as well.

Strictly rationally this whole situation is major cluster****, rioters shouldn't be there because justice is delivered through judicial system not by mob, then guy with the gun wouldn't be there to protect stuff and then rioters with death wish wouldn't attack guy with the gun and wouldn't get killed.

I'm just wondering where they get these stupid polls from. No one ever asks me!

I'm just wondering where they get these stupid polls from. No one ever asks me!

Consider yourself lucky. I get probably 2 or 3 calls a week asking to participate in political opinion polls and it's kind of irritating. I said yes to one and they didn't even have a choice for third parties so I hung up. Now when they call I tell them I'll do it, but they need to send me $50 for my time. They typically hang up on me.

I haven't dug too far into the details of the various criminal charges against jacob blake. It looks like there was a warrant for his arrest for charges of sexual assault at the time he was shot. Sometimes, occasionally, warrants go out to arrest innocent people. So even if Jacob needed to be sentenced to death for his crimes, we still don't want the police shooting him based on a warrant. He should not have been shot 50 times, or 7 times. He should have been arrested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't dug too far into the details of the various criminal charges against jacob blake. It looks like there was a warrant for his arrest for charges of sexual assault at the time he was shot. Sometimes, occasionally, warrants go out to arrest innocent people. So even if Jacob needed to be sentenced to death for his crimes, we still don't want the police shooting him based on a warrant. He should not have been shot 50 times, or 7 times. He should have been arrested.
He shouldn't of run from authority.

I think the blame of the police for shooting the man is not one sided and have yet to see something here that agrees with that.

It is. Because, you see, the penalty for running away from authority is not death.

Masks make you weak. Everyone knows you should stop COVID-19 by flexing your testicles. [/s] This machismo crap is so tired man.

Short attention span I suppose...

You're apparently having trouble following this conversation.

You suggest that the person running is (at a minimum partially) to blame for their own shooting. I responded (the first time AND the second time) to that suggestion that it is incorrect, and explained why... succinctly.

You're apparently having trouble following this conversation.
No, I think you're mistaken into believing that I have some sort of hidden notion that running from authority grants them permission to open fire.

You suggest that the person running is (at a minimum partially) to blame for their own shooting.
Resisting arrest is a misdemeanor. It is obvious in the videos that he was fighting against the police to resist arrest and entering the vehicle to potentially flee. And while I have not read the story to find out if true, there's also the chance that J.B. had a firearm within the vehicle. How are the two officers to know this without prior admission? To their knowledge he was an allegedly charged individual with felony sexual assault, trespassing and domestic violence.

I'd say that's enough to heighten suspicion over something like, oh I don't know, maybe a neighbor stealing water to fill their pool...

No, I think you're mistaken into believing that I have some sort of hidden notion that running from authority grants them permission to open fire.

Ohhkaaay....

Resisting arrest is a misdemeanor. It is obvious in the videos that he was fighting against the police to resist arrest and entering the vehicle to potentially flee. And while I have not read the story to find out if true, there's also the chance that J.B. had a firearm within the vehicle. How are the two officers to know this without prior admission? To their knowledge he was an allegedly charged individual with felony sexual assault, trespassing and domestic violence.

I'd say that's enough to heighten suspicion over something like, oh I don't know, maybe a neighbor stealing water to fill their pool...

So here's the problem with all of that. You're trying to put (at least some) of the blame on him for getting shot. Thing is, it's not appropriate to shoot someone in that situation because, as it turns out, resisting arrest, or running from authority, does not carry with it a death penalty. And that's what shooting him is... a death penalty, without trial.

Danoff said:

He should not have been shot 50 times, or 7 times. He should have been arrested.

And you replied, specifically to his post, with:

He shouldn't of run from authority.

Was your post meant to be a rebuttal or not? If not, why did you provide that response? The implication of your post seems to be "he got what he deserved for running from the authorities" based on what you responded to and with. Do you see how one could arrive at that understanding?

And that's what shooting him is... a death penalty, without trial.
I didn't know he has already passed, do you have an article on this?

The implication of your post seems to be
That if one follows directions of higher authority, that they are expected to, there wouldn't have been a situation that unfolded to what has been.

Do you see how one could arrive at that understanding?
It seems to me that people both here and outside of GTPL assumed that this was another innocent black man who was just trying to carry out his day where police intervention resulted in a violent encounter, rather than to see he had a warrant for arrest for felony sexual assault, domestic violence and trespassing (of which the homeowner called the police to have him removed from the same premises where he is legally not allowed to be at), while also resisting arrest. Make your own understanding of J.B. on that information of whether he would be one to willfully comply or continue to be a violent citizen.

Back