The Queensland Off-Road Rebels Club Official Club Thread

Silver Arrows

(Banned)
Canada
Brandon, MB
Silver-Arrows21
2HUn83z.png

Welcome! If you’ve come to this thread, chances are you are interested in this club I have created dedicated to off-roading in Forza Horizon 3′s beautiful rendition of Gold Coast, Queensland. Well, if you like exploring the hills and backroads of the area, alongside blasting through rivers and simulating an off road experience, then you’ve come to the right place!

Now, onto the rule(s):

- The biggest, and probably only hard rule: don’t be a dick. This isn’t a super serious club, but still, common courtesy and kindness is required, and appreciated. But nonetheless, if I see or hear you being mean to anyone else, chances are, I’ll pull you aside and tell you to stop doing that. Any other times, you’re out.

Aside from that, most of the rules have to do with the vehicles and the general guidelines of actually off-roading.

For one, vehicles. In order to keep things relatively fun, I’m only allowing stock or sparsely upgraded vehicles. Upgraded, in this case, might mean a roll cage, rally suspension, or rally tires. Don’t try to show up with a Aventador V12 swapped vehicle with AWD, that’s plain stupid.

In terms of vehicles, there is a set list of vehicles that I’ll allow, in the name of realism. The list is below.

EXTREME OFF-ROAD:

2016 Jeep Trailcat

2007 Toyota Hilux Arctic Trucks AT38

2014 Local Motors Rally Fighter

BUGGIES:

2016 Ariel Nomad

2012 Hot Wheels Rip Rod

The various Polaris RZR’s

OFFROAD:

2017 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (and the Horizon Edition, and the race truck)

2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (and the Shelby edition)

1975 Ford Bronco

2006 Hummer H1 Alpha

1970 International Scout 800A

2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2014 Terradyne Gurkha LAPV

1976 Jeep CJ5 Renegade

1986 Lamborghini LM002

1997 Land Rover Defender 90

1972 Land Rover Series III

2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept (Glitched or stock, doesn’t matter)

2013 Ram Runner (and the Horizon Edition)

1979 Toyota FJ40

SPORT UTILITY HEROES:

2013 Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (Though it works best if you get the aero bits that make it look like a stock Grand Cherokee)

CULT CLASSICS:

1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

1971 Meyers Manx

VANS & UTILITY:
1980 Subaru BRAT GL (And the Horizon Edition)

Now, onto locations.

For the most part, we can basically go all over the map, considering the wide variety of off road trails and areas to muck about in. However, to keep things simple, we’ll be setting three distinct starting points for our journey:

- The parking lot near the boardwalk in Byron Bay

- The gas station at Coober Pedy

- The hotel just due north of Silver Sands Shipwrecks, right by the Drift Zone

I’ll try to make the route long but also have an ending route, the end points to be determined, but they might be places such as the lumber mill in Kiewa, the aforementioned Silver Sands Shipwrecks, or the Pink Lakes.

For conduct when actually off-roading:

- Please try to keep single file when out on the road, as so the entire convoy doesn’t turn into a **** show. If it’s a wide enough road, or more and likely, on the highway, we might do two or three a breast.

- Keep to about a 30 to 35 MPH top speed on the back roads, with the top speed on the highway being 40 MPH.

- For the most part, once we leave the starting point, one vehicle will be designated as the leader. However, this isn’t permanent. Because…

- We will be taking simulated breaks at various points. This might be on the side of the road, or on a dirt roundabout, or a farm. This will be so if any of you need to actually do something (go get a drink, go to the washroom, anything like that) you can go do it. This is also where we’ll be switching lead vehicle, if there are any volunteers. Don’t worry about waiting your turn to be the lead vehicle, I’ll try to get as many people as I can to get a turn, but it isn’t that important. If you decline, that’s fine.

- Try to keep about two car lengths away from other drivers, so we don't have a bunch of people bumping into one another.

In terms of dates, I want to try and do one session a week, generally starting on a Saturday, around 12:00-2:00PM Central Standard Time, as I feel this is probably the best time to hold it, and when everyone’s around. (Have to adjust to the Brits who might be interested as well!) However, if my or anyone else’s plans change, I am open to moving sessions to Sunday afternoon or even Friday night.

Really, the most important rule about the club is to have fun and putt around in some of the SUV’s and trucks that are present in the game. Really, treat this as a relaxing experience. Put on some music, cruise and bruise through the bush, and shoot the **** with people and have some fun. If you’re looking for something like that, then by all means, come join!

If you would like to join, all you need to do is send a PM with your location, and Xbox ID. I'll try to send a friend request to you. I'm taking both PC and Xbox players!

Last edited:
LIST OF MEMBERS

Silver Arrows - Manitoba, Canada / Silver Arrows21

ZDUPH - Massachusetts, USA / LitnigMcQuen59

Northstar - Minnesota, USA / RokkitShipp

JASON_ROCKS1998 - Northern Ireland / JR98 GAMING

Populuxe Cowboy - Washington, USA / PopuluxeCowboy

jwesson1 / United Kingdom / This Bad Panda

DurWinning - New Jersey, US /Noob Saibot 007

EnkiTehWulf - ???, USA /

cartrucks - Washington, USA / Cartrucks

mustafur - Sydney, Australia / mustafur

EVERYDAY OMG / Minnesota, USA / EVERYDAY OMG

Last edited:
I'm in, although I'm a bit worried about the highway speed limit (unless that's based on the normal traffic cars?).

Northstar / Minnesota, U.S. / RokkitShipp

I'm in, although I'm a bit worried about the highway speed limit (unless that's based on the normal traffic cars?).

Northstar / Minnesota, U.S. / RokkitShipp

That is about the speed on which traffic cars usually travel in for Forza Horizon 3, though I think it might be a tad more.

I would join but you know, Timezones mean that 12:00pm over there is 5:00am (the next day) over here.

It's a really cool idea and I wish I could join. But I simply ain't awake at that time.

I'm definitely in for this

JASON_ROCKS1998 - Belfast, Northern Ireland - JR98 GAMING

Also, here's some images I've taken from last night's road trip
11fb4196-faf9-4595-9bdc-09239ce64eff_Thumbnail.PNG

49071bc6-6421-4076-abe1-e07b250ea251_Thumbnail.PNG
7f664dc5-8c15-4ec5-b507-17ff64f7796b_Thumbnail.PNG
5576c2bc-569d-4e74-853d-985b24ee2766_Thumbnail.PNG
e7ffc6cd-0cea-43a8-878d-1bc98ef024b6_Thumbnail.PNG
ded9793c-a3fa-4670-882b-b4757951b627_Thumbnail.PNG
2aa8cadf-82d0-47dc-b609-a10c27969015_Thumbnail.PNG

Any chance of a lobby tomorrow? I get out of work at 2PM EDT, and wouldn't mind a bit of offroading to unwind.

I'm going to take the Scout today. Just one problem. I don't have a microphone. I'll be able to hear everyone else, but no one will be able to hear me. I can honk once to acknowledge things said to me if that helps.

This might get me back into FH3. Definitely going to consider this club.

You're welcome to join. :)

A great first meet for those that did join! Some spills, some thrills, and general fun. Also added a new car to the approved list I completely forgot, and a new rule about car lengths.

That was hilarious. I definitely need to get a headset or whatever it is that lets me talk to everyone. I had so much trouble getting up that hill in the Brat because it was completely stock, including stock tires. I'm going to have to make sure every car on the eligible list has off-road tires and suspension before our next meet up.

I now have a headset, so you'll have to put up with me- I mean you'll be able to hear me next time.

Images I took from Saturday's lobby
99f05ef0-ee7c-4ab5-9f2d-b2e97806a3e1_Thumbnail.PNG
b943ec6d-a4d9-48ec-be40-abda2d20da44_Thumbnail.PNG
843866ea-f9cd-4719-97dd-06290757a251_Thumbnail.PNG
89383d52-c167-45ce-acbd-da98f7da4386_Thumbnail.PNG
89b69417-b86b-47ac-9785-66e5512b403e_Thumbnail.PNG
b57b6ca2-84f5-4218-9911-6e1e1aa07265_Thumbnail.PNG
2eae261b-f66b-4a4d-a174-b9766791fc07_Thumbnail.PNG

Also @jwesson1 and I did a (very) mini road trip in some classic sports coupes before Sunday's racers & chasers lobby and I managed to get this image of our cars and a spectacular view
970661ab-93b7-4034-ad61-1c20da6d1276_Thumbnail.PNG

Glad to finally see some photos from Saturday's party.

Just out of curiosity, does everyone in the QORRC have the Hot Wheels expansion? You can drive all the way around the map entirely off road.

Alright, I've managed to figure out a route for this week's lobby.

We'll be starting in urban surroundings, namely the parking lot in Surfers:

and ending up in the warehouse of the Lumber Mill in Kiewa:

Looking to hold the lobby at the same time as last week, Saturday at 2:30 CST. LIKE THIS POST IF YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE IT.

Back