The Race Cars of Gran Turismo 2

• Thread starter Gerarghini
  • 127 comments
Dammit. I've been trying to go to this website yesterday when I was trying to find the car but for whatever reason I can't access it :X "Too may redirects" my butt. I can't even load the front page.

Edit: but I can access it in an incognito page... suspicious.

Edit2: indeed there's some of that red in there. Only missing thing is that the whole side must be yellow. I wanna find the correct white/Yellow though!

EDIT3: Well here it is... in all it's non-photographed glory. At least now we know who drove it.
I've looked some more, aparently, by 1996, the car had changed to a red top/white sides scheme. So yeah. The Yellow has no photo afaik. That's sad.
camaro.jpg

Last edited:
I am saving this for later reskinning~
Great find! I wish there were more photos of super taikyu models. I have a feeling there are a bunch more models that were inspired by that.

As far as I know, the Golf 4 hasn't been engaged in many things. There's the 2.0L Kit Car version, and i don't think ay of the official liveries looked like those.
Here's what I got from around the 1999 era.
golf_4_55.jpg
Golf4_KitCar 01.jpg
Golf4_KitCar2 00.jpg

Golf%20TDi-R%20-%202.jpg

Pikes Peak mobiles are up. Took a while making the logos because there's barely any information from Pikes Peak past 2000.

Really cool video, great work for compiling all these 👍 I didn't know about the RX7 15th Anniversary Edition until now. Such a good looking car :drool:

BTW, livery is pronounced lee-very, not lie-very.

Great video!
Towards the end though when you were talking about the Castrol livery on the Lancer Evo that the RM RX7 used, you mentioned it was also on a RL Civic but infact the image was of a Lancer/Mirage coupe.

Lol @FRR35H tankuroded isn't Mattj155 but FMecha (correct me if i'm wrong, I do get people confused if they have different names on websites)

Bue yeah Matt did mistake it but it's alright, may people including him commented on the video ad it's no big deal anyways ^^

OH! WOOPS! LOL.
Anyways, great video regardless. I wonder if we will get a GT2 version :). I didn't realise just how many of those liveries were based on actual cars.

I don't know if this has been posted/pointed out before:but i found out that Demio RM is real!

EDIT:sorry for linking but i have problem with pictures attached (didn't worked for me at now).

If this has been discovered before:i'm sorry for repost. :)

Greetings! :D
AT4z3B2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I did find those before but I don't think I posted them on GTP. Sadly the website that hosted the original images is gone since a few months ago (was a geocities website) and i didn't get to re-download the images after my hard drive on which all of my collected images died q.q

... uuuuuuuuuuhmm ... lads! I don't know if anyone realized it, but the RM of the Accord is COMPLETELY wrong. The model you show is the Japanese version, but the European one is completely different.

Here some photos of the European Type R
autowp.ru_honda_accord_type_r_4.jpg

autowp.ru_honda_accord_type_r_5.jpg

And here the Japanese version.
honda_accord_sir_sedan_1.jpeg

autowp.ru_honda_accord_sir_s_package_sedan_2.jpg

There IS the European version in GT2 however, but I cannot remember of you can race modify it or not.

Both are in the game. The JDM has a BTCC inspired livery and the EUDM has a fictional RM with a DTM spoiler.
h2arr.jpg

Also you're thinking wrong as GT2's RM is based on the previous generation Accord in 1997-98, not the Type-R from '99

EDIT: unless you really just wanted to point out that GT2 was wrong, in which case, GT2 is wrong on a lot of things heh

This
pictures_honda_accord_1996_1.jpg

And not this
11651624574_1f498723b3_b.jpg

In one point you're completely right, GT2 is wrong in SO many places.

But as far as I know the rebadged Rover 600 wasn't in this game. But the looks of this paint looks astonishing, no matter what.
... not to mention Peter Kox ...

I must say the paint on the later model looks good as well, simple but effective.

Back