The Racers & Chasers Club [Moved to FH4]

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 2,210 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see a Discord server being useful for time-sensitive alerts; otherwise for general information this thread does that fine.

Adding onto Discord: voice chat on Discord may be a bit better quality and reliable then Xbox Parties, but again, there's no real need for it.

I’ve just been looking through the leaked car list for FH4. Now, nothing is confirmed at this stage, so I’ll put the rest of my comment in a spoiler tag for anyone who doesn’t want a surprise...

If it does get included in the game, I guess that Unimog is going to be our new SWAT Truck...

I’ve just been looking through the leaked car list for FH4. Now, nothing is confirmed at this stage, so I’ll put the rest of my comment in a spoiler tag for anyone who doesn’t want a surprise...

If it does get included in the game, I guess that Unimog is going to be our new SWAT Truck...

The minute I saw it I thought the same thing, and that we could have some fun situations to play with.

The main reason why I'm buying the game is because of this. I won't even bother with the ultimate edition like the last time. It was a waste of $40 extra. Apart from the Crown Vic and few other cars, it's meh at most.

Well, private lobbies are returning, IIRC. That’s a good thing for us.

Anyway, I’ll be back at my XBox in the next couple of days. I’ll be working on a couple of alterations to the livery proposal I posted a little while back, to show how different kinds of vehicles can get different markings. I’ve had these ideas in my head for a while now, I can’t wait to turn them into (virtual) reality.

I'm going to resign from the club. I've had fun but I just won't have the time over the next year or so.

Alright. I've been doing some work on my police livery, and I've made a few variations. These liveries have been applied to different cars, to prove that my livery can be replicated. Here's what I've come up with:

a50987a0-ce1d-4da3-abdb-d7d25087e9ea

Some British police pursuit cars come with ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) technology, perhaps better known to Americans as ALPR. These vehicles often feature markings to denote the use of ANPR. In particular the Metropolitan Police designate their ANPR vehicles with a black section on the hood, with "ANPR Interceptor" written on it, which I have used on this M4.

127f87b6-0d3b-47ad-88e5-c3644f1817be

On the side, this vehicle has extra markings to denote the use of ANPR. I've also put my own unit number on the side of this vehicle, and other vehicles to follow.

b3c8e7a6-d310-4db0-a365-505a7be38113

Firearms are for the most part illegal in the United Kingdom, but the police still encounter incidents involving firearms and other deadly weapons. For this reason, most forces maintain Armed Response Units. These units tend to use similar vehicles to the traffic police, although SUVs such as the BMW X5 are increasingly common, and these vehicles can often be identified by yellow circles in the windshield, rear window and on the D-pillars. I've incorporated yellow circles above the windshield of this F-Pace.

a24b0939-3b5a-400a-875d-7cc7c5777312

This rear shot shows the yellow circles I have placed on the D-pillars and the bumper. With their SUVs and tactical training, it's not hard to imagine Armed Response Vehicles (ARVs) being used as Rhino units. I have also placed my personal unit number on the roof.

3bd78e89-2703-4f64-bc82-34b325701b39

I believe it was Litnig who posted a suggestion for Heavy Rhino units, to be called out in extreme situations. I think this is a good idea, and feel that due to their special status and capabilities, these vehicles should be easily distinguishable. Therefore, this Arctic Trucks Hilux has a blue body color instead of the white patrol cars.

5a3868c9-1c5c-4696-bfef-212833f2c46c

Extra roof markings were something I wanted to play around with on the F-Pace, but the sunroof meant I didn't have much room to work with. When it was time to do the Hilux, I decided to incorporate my idea for roof markings. British police cars tend to have a circle and area code on the leading edge of the roof, with the unit number on the trailing edge. I settled on the number 67 as the area code for... reasons.

23b1addd-d24e-4386-ba7a-5c754e02f485

One mechanic of the old club I felt was a good idea was the Ambulance, with its ability to revive officers balanced by the fact that it could only be deployed with eight or more players, and the fact that it was a slow old Transit. While designing the police liveries, I knew I also wanted to do one for an Ambulance. The design is inspired by actual British ambulances, with a yellow body color and yellow-and-green half-Battenburg stripe. As we do not know the name of our police department, nor the name of the area of Horizon 4, I have been using the working title of Horizonshire. This also gives me a nice decal to fill up the empty space above the stripe with.

I consider the livery I posted before to be the bare minimum, with these new liveries showing off optional extra markings. As before, these designs are drafts, and may be subject to alterations between now and the first patrol on Horizon 4.

So I've been playing around with my police livery design, and I've decided to make a couple of alterations to bring it up to a higher standard of quality. Here's what I've done:

687a7059-1f99-4545-a1e8-e7861de31163

The first thing I did was to shift the half-Battenburg stripe slightly, so that the front-most block was yellow, instead of a small blue section. This was so I could introduce a yellow section on the front of the vehicle, neatly continuing the stripe around the front and also linking it to the yellow section on the hood. I feel like the way the stripe ended suddenly around the headlights, and the fact that the hood section was also cut-off from the front were perhaps the biggest let-downs of my original livery, so introducing the yellow front end really cleans up the livery. I also opted to give the police writing on the side the same rotation as the stripe, improving quality a little more.

3272bd1b-7537-4f10-94b0-32cb1aeaa6af

At the back, I reduced the width of the caution stripes, so that I could fit more of them on. I felt like the original design for the caution stripes made them perhaps a little too wide, so this to me is a definite improvement.

403ae6ab-7a6f-4d7a-91ad-6f93d0b91e88

Finally, I also decided to incorporate the roof numbers into this design, with both the area code and my unit number making an appearance.

With these changes, I do feel like my livery design is now close to a stage were I feel like it is complete. I do appreciate any feedback regarding how I could improve my livery.

So with the inclusion of Offroad lift-kits for the SUVs in Horizon 4, I'm honestly wondering if we should make it a requirement for Heavy Rhinos. That big bullbar can definitely pack a punch in a collision. 👍

Having watched the FH4 stream yesterday, I managed to grab a pic of the Edinburgh area on the map. Check this out...

hssz7s.png

I’m guessing that as the main urban area, Edinburgh is going to be our main patrol area, similar to Surfers Paradise on FH3.

I also learned another couple of things which could be relevant:

• You can now change cars anywhere free of charge. No more returning to the precinct to get a new car/SWAT truck.
  • That abandoned railyard looks like it could be a fun area for trespassing...
  • Highway Patrol is going to be back and bigger than ever with a multi-lane motorway.

Copy + pasted from the conversation:

So here's a really quick and terrible attempt at making boundaries for the new map. Obviously there's tons of room for adjustment, but I didn't really know where to start. This map is more organic than the previous one, in that the regions are more fluid with each other and difficult to discern from one another. I don't really know what to do with the lake area; that's kind of only useful during the winter, and it's mostly just a huge plane of ice anyway.

fh4-map1-01-png.756066

Edits are more than welcome.

So... I think we need to think about the Formula Drift cars that are coming to Forza Horizon 4. Will we be allowing the racers to use these cars, or do we not consider these cars to be street legal?

So... I think we need to think about the Formula Drift cars that are coming to Forza Horizon 4. Will we be allowing the racers to use these cars, or do we not consider these cars to be street legal?
I think it'd be best to considered them not street legal, to avoid headaches.

We need to discuss some topics. If you have any ideas/objections, please comment!

Map usage
As most of you already know, one of Open Patrol's main features is to allow racers (and cops) roam around the map undetected. The issue with this is when someone decides to take peak at the map, effectively ruining the game. To avoid the question of whether or not someone has looked at the map, should we allow map usage in Open Patrol or keep it as it is (map is banned)?

Police department name
Did we ever come up with a name for the police department? Now that the map has been released, it seems like Edinburgh is the star of the show. Tentatively, I'll use "Edinburgh Police Department" as the name.

Game modes
Open Patrol will for sure be staying; Most Wanted on the other hand might not.

I was thinking of this new "duel" mode where you have two racers and everyone else is a cop. The destination is marked on the map and the two racers have to race there and not get caught. Instead of an open route, the racers will have to follow a fixed route. Cops win if both racers are busted before the finish.

One additional question: does anyone know if FH4 will be using the same PI system? (D, C, B, A etc)

Given the mish-mash area of the map, I'd rather the department be named as Lothian & Northumberland Police Department (LNPD).

One additional question: does anyone know if FH4 will be using the same PI system? (D, C, B, A etc)
I think I saw in the livestream there’s still the same class system as FH3. I definetely remember seeing an S2 car.

Given the mish-mash area of the map, I'd rather the department be named as Lothian & Northumberland Police Department (LNPD).
In the real world, I don't think Edinburgh is in Northumberland nor Lothian boundaries, is it?

EDIT: It is in Lothian from what Wikipedia is showing. I'm an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back