The Racers & Chasers Club [Moved to FH4]

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 2,210 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the real world, I don't think Edinburgh is in Northumberland nor Lothian boundaries, is it?

Edinburgh is in Midlothian, so it still counts as in the Lothian counties area (there's West Lothian, Midlothian and East Lothian). East Lothian is a bit closer to the border with Northumberland.

Might as well weigh in on the issues...

Point 1 (Map Usage): I don't really have an idea on whether to ban maps or not. I can understand the concern behind cheating by peeking at the map, but at the same time, I found it exciting having to pay attention to my surroundings without the map.

Point 2 (The Name): Seeing as we're dealing with the Lothian region, I think that Lothian Police Service sounds good. British police forces tend not to be called Departments.

Point 3 (Game Modes): I think Most Wanted offers up ways to test scenarios and other ideas that we wouldn't usually consider in patrols, but I can understand if this mode isn't brought back. The duel sounds epic though, like a classic-NFS-style street race with police interference. I'd sign up for that.

Finally, as has already been mentioned, the PI system is returning. I believe the McLaren Senna is in S1 Class, so it is safe to assume the McLaren 720S and 650S will also be in S1 Class. I'd totally rock a police McLaren.

I believe the McLaren Senna is in S1 Class
I don't know if it was tuned or not, but the Senna seen in the Summer livestream is a high S2 car
fh4.JPG

I imagine the 650S will be a high S1 like in FH3 and the 720S will be a low-mid S2.

Any chaces that we’re going to do the so called hourly forzathons when they pop up? I also bought a new mike for my controller since I couldn’t find my old one.

I've been working on my own cop car designs and I have to say one thing: incorporating the Battenburg markings is a pain in the ass! :lol:

Here is my proposal for cop car classes:

Cruiser:
Typical marked street patrol vehicle.

[NEW] Stealth:
Same livery as cruiser except blacked out/darkened. Can go on patrol but cannot start chases. Only 1 per lobby.

[NEW] Enforcer:
Must sit at HQ or side of road until a pursuit reaches priority 1. In the meantime, they are allowed to deploy a drone until they are called out. Allowed to use vehicle one class above session restriction. Cannot go on patrol nor start chases. Only 1 per lobby that has 6+ players.

Rhino:
Any SUV and pickup and allowed to head-on hit racer to take them down. Only 1 per lobby until 8+ players, then 2. (I considered @JeepXJFreak's idea of the sub-classes (light and heavy) but I think it's going to be a hassle trying to categorize each car into its own sub-class. That's just me though.)

SWAT:
Immune to 100 mph collision rule, tuned to max, totaled once it rolls.

I suppose I'll help out with the Stealth units. I'm away from my XBox now, but I'll be back in three weeks. When I return, I'll mock up my proposed livery in both gloss black and matte black, to help you guys decide which is better.

So, a few things I feel need to be addressed.

Car Upgrades: I honestly feel like we should deem things that are clearly meant for racing on tracks illegal (i.e. Roll Cages, Drift Suspension, Forza Aero). You can use them if you want, but you will most likely be pulled over if an officer spots you with those mods on your car.

The Unimog: I honestly feel like this vehicle is going to be way too large for use as a racer vehicle, and even a standard Rhino. Perhaps maybe we should consider employing this as a SWAT vehicle? Ultimately it's up to @Ameer67 to decide.

Off-road kits: I think I had brought this up previously, but I don't believe I got an answer for it. Should we make it mandatory for Rhino units to be equipped with these?

Car Upgrades: I honestly feel like we should place things that are clearly meant for racing on tracks illegal (i.e. Roll Cages, Drift Suspension, Forza Aero). You can use them if you want, but you will most likely be pulled over if an officer spots you with those mods on your car.
I feel it is an unnecessary rule because what would happen after they are pulled over? Will the racer be forced to switch cars/take it off? As it stands, there is no punishment for simply being pulled over. (Meaning, it doesn't count as your pursuit(s).) I think we should outright ban them or allow them, no middle ground.

The Unimog: I honestly feel like this vehicle is going to be way too large for use as a racer vehicle. Perhaps maybe we should consider employing this as a SWAT vehicle? Ultimately it's up to @Ameer67 to decide.
Can't remember who brought up the Unimog as a SWAT vehicle (could have been @Firehound427?), but yes, that is the plan.

Off-road kits: I think I had brought this up previously, but I don't believe I got an answer for it. Should we make it mandatory for Rhino units to be equipped with these?
Are they going to be available for every truck in the game? (I haven't looked into the off-road kits for FH4 honestly.)

I feel it is an unnecessary rule because what would happen after they are pulled over? Will the racer be forced to switch cars/take it off? As it stands, there is no punishment for simply being pulled over. (Meaning, it doesn't count as your pursuit(s).) I think we should outright ban them or allow them, no middle ground.

Can't remember who brought up the Unimog as a SWAT vehicle (could have been @Firehound427?), but yes, that is the plan.

Are they going to be available for every truck in the game? (I haven't looked into the off-road kits for FH4 honestly.)

In that case I think it's probably a good idea to just outright ban those upgrades. As for the off-road kits, I think it was mentioned that around 10-20 SUVs/Trucks are going to have them, hence why I wasn't sure whether or not we were going to make it mandatory.

In that case I think it's probably a good idea to just outright ban those upgrades. As for the off-road kits, I think it was mentioned that around 10-20 SUVs/Trucks are going to have them, hence why I wasn't sure whether or not we were going to make it mandatory.

I know for certain the Urus is getting them, wouldn't be surprised if the Project Scorpio edition 2017 Raptor that was in FM7 gets put as the offroad kit for the 2017 Raptor, seems like it was designed with it in mind in FM7.

So another rule I just thought of, regarding track cars, and clothing:

If a vehicle does not have a visible windshield (KTM X-BOW R, Caterham Superlight R500), you are required to wear a helmet when driving it. If a cop spots you without a helmet, you will be pulled over, and issued a citation for the violation. You will then have to return to your house and put on a helmet.

So another rule I just thought of, regarding track cars, and clothing:

If a vehicle does not have a visible windshield (KTM X-BOW R, Caterham Superlight R500), you are required to wear a helmet when driving it. If a cop spots you without a helmet, you will be pulled over, and issued a citation for the violation. You will then have to return to your house and put on a helmet.
Are there even helmets to put on?

Alright. As I promised a little while ago, here is what I've done to help us decide on the Stealth cop cars. As we could not decide between gloss or matte black, I've gone ahead and done my design with both finishes. Take a look at these and see what you think of them:

a07982d9-c0a5-4e18-9788-c692ddb6f3e7

ddc1f943-ac95-47ee-a1d8-e42a097ddcfe

e2eeadc0-1210-4f8e-8383-443ab393fc02

55e3ac3b-e6d2-4f7f-9198-ac90e12f6222

Alright. As I promised a little while ago, here is what I've done to help us decide on the Stealth cop cars. As we could not decide between gloss or matte black, I've gone ahead and done my design with both finishes. Take a look at these and see what you think of them:

a07982d9-c0a5-4e18-9788-c692ddb6f3e7

ddc1f943-ac95-47ee-a1d8-e42a097ddcfe

e2eeadc0-1210-4f8e-8383-443ab393fc02

55e3ac3b-e6d2-4f7f-9198-ac90e12f6222
Might want to black out the rims too. It might look better that way.

The car list for FH4 has now been revealed. I’ve been wanting to do this for a while, so I’ll be running through the list and picking out the cars I think will make good cop cars, as well as those I’m just excited about. I was hoping they’d do this piece-by-piece through the Forza Garage, but as they’ve dropped it all at once, I’ve got a lot of cars to go through, so spoiler tags…

Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio: Thought about this while in Italy. The Carabinieri had a couple of Lotus Evoras, so why not give British cops an Italian cop car?

2015 Audi RS6 Avant: This is one I am excited about. Fast, grippy and its credentials as a getaway car are already well-established. British police have used a few A6 Avants, so it fits on both sides of the law as well.

2013 Audi RS4 Avant: Like the RS6, the RS4 is an ideal choice for a pursuit car, especially when winter comes. The Audi A4 has also been used by British police. Not as common as BMW 3-and-5 Series, and likely already completely replaced by said BMWs, but they have been out there.

Audi RS5: One of these made headlines a few years back for hitting 180mph while trying to escape police. Lamborghini engine or not, an ideal getaway car?

BMW M2: I plan to add one of these to my police fleet. It may not start out that way...

BMW X6 M: The BMW X5 is the most widely-used SUV in British police service, for both Traffic and Armed Response duties. I'd prefer an F15 X5 to an X6, but the X6 M is a capable vehicle that I've already used in anger. I'm sure @JR98 remembers the Rhino chase in Surfers Paradise...

BMW M4: I'm looking to BMW to make up a sizeable part of my police fleet, just like in reality. And just like the 3 Series, the M4 ought to make a capable pursuit car.

BMW M5 F10: There's a reason I chose this to showcase my first livery draft: the F10 5 Series is one of the most common large sedans/wagons used by British police.

BMW X5 M: The E70 X5 has seen a lot of service with police forces, and likely continues to do so alongside the newer F15s. They can carry a lot of stuff and can move just like the BMW sedans. They're absolute tanks as well; one X5 was reverse-rammed by a flatbed truck, crunching in the front-end, yet was able to continue pursuit for another 20 miles.

BMW M5 E60: Another one I am excited for. While the E60 5 Series has now been almost completely replaced by the F10 and G30 models, it wouldn't surprise me to see an old E60 still hanging around in police fleets.

Cadillac XTS Limo: I expect to see at least one of these being chased. If not, I'll be very disappointed...

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C7: You can actually buy a C7 Corvette or a 6th Gen Camaro in the UK. Admittedly, they are left-hand drive in a right-hand drive country, and there's only a handful of dealers, but there is still a way...

Ford Ranger Raptor: Not on the list, but confirmed to be coming, and I am very excited for this. The Ford Ranger is a popular choice with police forces looking for an off-road patrol vehicle, and the Raptor version promises to be the most capable Ranger ever.

2018 Ford Mustang GT: There was actually a marked police Mustang demonstrator running around the UK a couple of years back, and a black Mustang GT was sent to various police forces for evaluation. It's all gone quiet on that front, so I can only assume that it was deemed awesome but impractical. Of course, we don't have to worry about impracticality...

2017 Ford Focus RS: Like the Mustang, the Focus RS was also turned into a marked demonstrator. Fast, agile and with a few Focus STs used by some forces, so an RS is the logical next step.

2017 Ford F-150 Raptor: Clive Sutton Cars will import an F-150 Raptor to the UK for you. They'll even give it a right-hand drive conversion should you so wish...

HSV GTS and Maloo: I would just like to point out that the HSV GTS was sold in Britain as the Vauxhall VXR8. This also extends to the Maloo ute.

Jaguar F-Pace S: Another marked demonstrator that I feel has potential, especially in supercharged V6 S spec. A smaller, more agile kind of Rhino.

Jaguar XFR-S: I believe it was Central Motorway Policing Group that had a few Jaguar XFs as patrol cars. Good enough for me.

Jaguar XE S: Not actually used as a police car, but an XE with the supercharged V6 would fit right in.

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and Trackhawk: Jeep sells the Grand Cherokee in the UK. Hilariously, this includes the SRT version. Even more hilariously, I am led to believe the supercharged Trackhawk will also make it to Britain soon.

Kia Stinger: Bit of a strange choice, but hear me out. First, the Stinger has performance, with a twin-turbo V6 and agile rear-wheel drive chassis. Second, I got the chance to look around a Stinger at a dealer, and I think that it definitely has potential. Finally, it has pedigree, with the Queensland Highway Patrol selecting it to replace their Commodores and Falcons.

Range Rover Sport SVR: Carrying on a grand tradition of Range Rovers serving as police cars, the Range Rover Sport SVR is at home assaulting a mountain road, assaulting a mountain, charging through a field and looking pretty outside a department store.

McLaren 650S: A 650S with police livery was shown at the Goodwood Festival of Speed one year. That's all the justification I need.

Mercedes-Benz Unimog U 5023: I knew it as soon as I saw it. You know it. This potential new SWAT truck is ready for business.

Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG: Another car which isn't actually a police car, but I'll give this a try.

Mitsubishi Lancer Ev… Hang on a 🤬 minute...

Porsche 911 Turbo S 991: A police liveried 911 Turbo was also shown off at Goodwood. Something tells me you guys aren't even going to need this level of justification.

2015 Subaru WRX STI: The latest in a long line of rally cars for the road, the STI's performance and all-weather, all-terrain capability ought to see it continue to be a favorite.

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI: The hawkeye Impreza should be familiar to anyone who watched the early seasons of Police Interceptors, as it was a mainstay of the Essex Police ANPR Interceptor fleet, along with that other rally-car-that-shall-no-longer-be-named...

Terradyne Gurkha LAPV: Although I'm excited to see what the Unimog can do, it's still good to see our original Big Boi return.

Toyota Land Cruiser and Hilux Arctic Trucks: Beefed-up, off-road modified Toyotas that should be very capable in the mountainous areas.

Vauxhall Lotus Carlton: An oldie, but a goldie. The Lotus Carlton was a favorite of thieves, who would ram-raid shops and steal whatever they could carry, before making their getaway in the Carlton at speeds the panda cars could not hope to match. There is at least one recorded case of this actually happening.

Volkswagen Golf R Mk7: There is evidence to suggest at least two police forces use the Golf R as unmarked vehicles. And why not? It's a very capable hot hatch that doesn't shout about its performance too much.

Volvo V60 Polestar: British police have used Volvo wagons for more than 50 years. What better way to carry on that tradition than with a V60 Polestar? I have no idea how they got a transverse-mounted turbo straight-six in there, but I'm kinda glad they did.

(I really would've liked to have seen the XC90 T8 in the list though...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back