The return of Seattle City Circuit, Hong Kong and City d'Aria

United Kingdom
London
RocketbyDesign77
A couple of months back I saw a teaser trailer for GT6 and in it, it included a few brief shots of the Seattle City circuit, does anyone know if these will be making a return in an update at a later stage and if they will be followed by the great tracks such as City d'Aria etc, I do miss those old classic tracks. While I am loving all the new tracks and content in GT6, a few of the old classics would certainly complete the game for me...

Here is a list of all the old classics I miss and dearly wish for their return...

1. Infineon Raceway (Sports Car Course)
2. Infineon Raceway (Stock Car Course)
3. Driving Park - Beginner Course
4. Driving Park - Circle Course
5. Driving Park - Complex String
6. El Capitan
7. Gymkhana
8. Red Rock Valley
9. Citta di Aria
10. Costa di Amalfi
11. George V Paris
12. Hong Kong
13. Las Vegas Drag Strip
14. Motorland
15. New York
16. Opera Paris
17. Seattle Circuit
18. Seoul Central

Last edited:
I really miss Midfield from GT3. But man would it be great to see some of these classic tracks from GT3/4 make a return.

Twin Ring Motegi came as DLC for GT5, and I seem to remember reading that PD has a very long-term vision for adding tracks/content to GT6.

6. El Capitan
7. Gymkhana
8. Red Rock Valley
9. Citta di Aria
10. Costa di Amalfi
11. George V Paris
12. Hong Kong
13. Las Vegas Drag Strip
14. Motorland
15. New York
16. Opera Paris
17. Seattle Circuit
18. Seoul Central
  1. Yes.
  2. Yes.
  3. Meh.
  4. Willow Springs has one.
  5. YES!!!
  6. YES!!!
  7. Meh.
  8. Yes!
  9. Do it with and X2010/X2011 without touching the wall, I dare you.
  10. Refer to #9.
  11. No.
  12. Hell no.
  13. For an official implementation of Drag racing, yes.
  14. The one from GT4? Hell yeah!
  15. No.
  16. No.
  17. The rest of my yes.
  18. No.
There were also a few you forgot, like MidField Raceway and Grindelwald, and a bunch of the old rally courses, like Tahiti Maze and Swiss Alps.

And of course, the holy grounds of GT, the great SSR11. :bowdown:

Last edited:
Well after digging through track-a-pedia on here... Here are some of my nostalgic favorites:

Midfield (GT3)
Rome (GT3 layout, completely different when it reappeared in 5)
Tahiti Maze (GT4 dirt course. Heck, ALL the rally-type courses from GT4 were superb.)
Seoul Central (GT4)
Opera Paris (GT4)
Fuji 80's & 90's (GT4)

And of course, Complex String. Can you imagine the Tuner Community's joy if PD brought it back? :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm LOVING all the new additions. (Mount Panorama and Big Willow!!) And I must admit, I completely forgot how challenging Apricot Hill could be. Whole new beast at night!

Somewhat off-Topic, but why have GT3 & GT4 not been re-released as PS Classics in the PSN Store? Perhaps hardware differences. I recall reading an interview with Kaz where he was saying there were things possible on PS2 that couldn't be done on PS3. The heat waves rising off the asphalt at Seattle in GT3 is the only example I recall him giving.

@transpaqua The edit button exists for a reason, there is no need to post again 5 minutes later...

And I'm pretty sure that heat waves can be done on PS3.

How much do I miss Costa Di Amalfi, Hong Kong, Seattle & New York!

These are classics & PD should get them back anyhow, anyway & anytime.

@transpaqua The edit button exists for a reason, there is no need to post again 5 minutes later...

And I'm pretty sure that heat waves can be done on PS3.

Ah, sorry about that. New-ish around here. Well, posting anyways. Did a lot of lurking and learning during GT5. ;) (Prariano, you the man!)

Only other forum I've used was Gamefaqs (unfortunately :lol:) for the GTA5 Online board, where I wasn't at a high enough user level to edit posts. Thanks for the friendly advice, I'll be more mindful of that in the future.

:cheers: Great community here, MUCH more civil, friendly and helpful than GFaqs.

Can't seem to find the source article at the moment, but it was an interview with Kaz discussing the changes in developing for the different console generations. I read it here on the GTPlanet News section, around the time of E3 2013, iirc.

1. Yes.
  2. Yes.
  3. Meh.
  4. Willow Springs has one.
  5. YES!!!
  6. YES!!!
  7. Meh.
  8. Yes!
  9. Do it with and X2010/X2011 without touching the wall, I dare you.
  10. Refer to #9.
  11. No.
  12. Hell no.
  13. For an official implementation of Drag racing, yes.
  14. The one from GT4? Hell yeah!
  15. No.
  16. No.
  17. The rest of my yes.
  18. No.
There were also a few you forgot, like MidField Raceway and Grindelwald, and a bunch of the old rally courses, like Tahiti Maze and Swiss Alps.

And of course, the holy grounds of GT, the great SSR11. :bowdown:

How could I forget all of those, it just get's better...I wait with baited breath and anticipation!

Well after digging through track-a-pedia on here... Here are some of my nostalgic favorites:

Midfield (GT3)
Rome (GT3 layout, completely different when it reappeared in 5)
Tahiti Maze (GT4 dirt course. Heck, ALL the rally-type courses from GT4 were superb.)
Seoul Central (GT4)
Opera Paris (GT4)
Fuji 80's & 90's (GT4)

And of course, Complex String. Can you imagine the Tuner Community's joy if PD brought it back? :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm LOVING all the new additions. (Mount Panorama and Big Willow!!) And I must admit, I completely forgot how challenging Apricot Hill could be. Whole new beast at night!
Super choices...let's keep our fingers crossed!

I hope they concentrate on putting more real world circuits in, instead of those old has-been arcade game tracks. Good ridance to old rubbish!!!!

Infineon is probably not returning,it seems to be license issues. Liveries that have the Infeneon logo in GT5 and 6 don't have the logo. It also doesn't appear in Forza 5

We all thought Apricot Hill was doomed as well, so there's a good chance more (hopefully all) of them will return. The old Rome, Midfield and El Capitan are irreplaceable, Tahiti, Smokey Mountain, Grand Canyon and Cathedral Rocks are among the best dirt courses, the Paris courses, Citta di Aria, Costa di Amalfi, Hong Kong (I like that track) are technical enough to rival Monaco and make Madrid look pale.

In short, the chances are there. We just can't do much more than wait and see what PD will do.

I spent most of my childhood on those old tracks...

I spent most of my childhood in and out of juvi, doesn't mean I want to return to it!!! Live in the now, not the past! This is why the GT series gets mocked by so many, because they seem to stick with the past so much. I still find it hard to believe that it has took 6 main titles to put Silverstone in! The game needs new content, not old stuff.

@XPOWER180 I want most of the old tracks back because they were great, not because I want to live in the past.

This is the problem F1 has with their schedule, they couldn't replace races at Spa, Suzuka, and Monza with the generic Tilkedromes we see today because they are SO ****ING BORING, and because they are fan and driver favorites (Although, COTA and Sepang are the only exceptions.). They've tried to host the Japanese GP at Fuji, but it proved to be too boring (and Toyota didn't want to do it.) and they went back to Suzuka.

Remember the Korean GP? No? Didn't think so. Want India to stay? Not with that track I don't.

Now do you get my point?

No I don't because you are only mentioning boring new F1 circuits instead of classics like Sebring, Road Atlanta, Imola, Austria A1 Ring (redbull ring), Magny Cours, Donington, Macau street circuit, Road America, Zandvoort, Hockenheim and so forth. There's hundreds of classic real world circuits to choose from, from touring car circuits to classic F1 venues! We don't need fantasy circuits when there's such a rich abundance of real locations.

No I don't because you are only mentioning boring new F1 circuits instead of classics like Sebring, Road Atlanta, Imola, Austria A1 Ring (redbull ring), Magny Cours, Donington, Macau street circuit, Road America, Zandvoort, Hockenheim and so forth. There's hundreds of classic real world circuits to choose from, from touring car circuits to classic F1 venues! We don't need fantasy circuits when there's such a rich abundance of real locations.

WE NEED THESE TOO!!!!! :P :gtpflag:

A couple of months back I saw a teaser trailer for GT6 and in it, it included a few brief shots of the Seattle City circuit, does anyone know if these will be making a return in an update at a later stage and if they will be followed by the great tracks such as City d'Aria etc, I do miss those old classic tracks. While I am loving all the new tracks and content in GT6, a few of the old classics would certainly complete the game for me...

Here is a list of all the old classics I miss and dearly wish for their return...

6. El Capitan
7. Gymkhana
8. Red Rock Valley
9. Citta di Aria
10. Costa di Amalfi
11. George V Paris
12. Hong Kong
13. Las Vegas Drag Strip
14. Motorland
15. New York
16. Opera Paris
17. Seattle Circuit
18. Seoul Central

Opera Paris, El Capitain, Motorland, Infiniteon, Driving Park and specialy Costa di Amalfi was great tracks for drifting. Very much welcomed.

Instead, Seattle Circuit is a bit overrated by the old gearhead´s nostalgia.

There's several tracks you listed that I find quite mediocre to be honest. I don't care if tracks are fictitious or not, so long as the layout is good. I don't think GT needs tracks simply because they exist in real life.

Back