The Rich Energy Sponsorship Saga

Man, his Twitter feed is a big yikes. Wonder if the FIA or a driver/team will eventually have a remark about it.

If he gets access to the F1 paddock (and he seems sure he will) then I presume he'll refuse to wear a mask and then be removed?

Honestly, I'm just curious about who this "strategic ally" is that Storey is banging on about. I can't help but think it's some pretty dirty money if they have to use Rich Energy as a proxy rather than set up their own front company or provide the cash directly.

But at the same time, having a clown like Storey as a buffer between you and the team if the checks start bouncing isn't a bad idea either.

I dunno, it's a poisoned apple in the barrel. I bet anybody who's ever had business links with Storey is suddenly ******** themselves, wondering if it's them he's talking about? Professional suicide to do it knowingly, surely? Especially if you're looking into the big-money new-age TV market like F1 Incorporated are promising.

I dunno, it's a poisoned apple in the barrel. I bet anybody who's ever had business links with Storey is suddenly ******** themselves, wondering if it's them he's talking about? Professional suicide to do it knowingly, surely? Especially if you're looking into the big-money new-age TV market like F1 Incorporated are promising.
The corporate world has a notoriously short memory if there's profit to be made. Plus it could very well be another shell company that's "providing" the money on behalf of some entity who needs to dispose of a large amount of cash without it being linked directly back to them.

But then again there are still a lot of naive angel investors out there too, so it's hard to say for sure. Maybe Storey will spill the beans on it later, he seems to be good at running his mouth when he shouldn't after all.

Last edited:
I'm surprised he seems hell bent on returning to the world of motorsport and F1 in particular as the Haas saga didn't help his reputation and he's a bit of a laughing stock amongst fans. Plus he appears to know next to nothing about the sport as from Drive to Survive it seems he just thought he could back a midfield team and they'd magically be phenomenal.

I can't see any sensible team getting into bed with him if he is indeed returning to F1 like he says so I guess this fuels the rumours of a Mazepin Sr. takeover of Haas as that's the only way I could see him getting involved. Surely after what happened last time with Haas, none of the weaker teams would trust him not to pull out and make snide comments on social media. It would also explain his rather hyperbolic comments about Mazepin Jr. If this madness does indeed happen as a big fan of Mick (and his dad!) I hope he just gets out sharpish before it all implodes.

Last edited:
He needs to be in the Alfa, I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Indeed! As a massive fan of Kimi and Alfa/Sauber it's great to see him with them. On the other hand, with the Haas experiment going nowhere fast (literally!) and probably coming to an end I feel that he's holding that seat up for young Ferrari drivers. An Ilott/Schumacher team at Alfa would be great. Maybe swap Kimi and Mick around - I imagine the radio talk would be epic if Kimi went to Haas :lol:

Time for a bump! Seems they may or may not have stopped sponsoring the British SuperBike team.

I guess it wouldn't be a Rich Energy story if we actually knew what the hell was going on. :lol:

So you're telling me the team is being sponsored by a company that sells the drinks, but does not own the company or the logo and the people who do own the logo don't sponsor the team? Perfectly clear!

My question is: If Storey is allowed in the paddock of any of these teams, will we actually see some cans of Rich Energy? 👀

And I'm not talking about a water bottle plastered with the logo, or a portable cooler. I'm talking live, 4K 60FPS cans of Rich Energy.

Time for a bump! Seems they may or may not have stopped sponsoring the British SuperBike team.

I guess it wouldn't be a Rich Energy story if we actually knew what the hell was going on. :lol:

OMG! Fell for the non-sponsor sponsor!

Back