The RIDGE RACER Thread

• Thread starter takumi64
  • 31 comments
?? So we have a ridgeracer fan here eh?

I loved RR4, and think it is better than RRV.
Unforunately I can't play it on my PS2.... It was Japanese

I like RR5. But since I have a PS1, I'm stuck with the Excellent R4. Unlocking cars in this game is as fun as unlocking cars in GT1. And the other reason why I like Ridge Racer? It's the girls! Especially Reiko Nagase. And who's the girl in RR5?

I may not know her name but at least I have a picture of her... naked... (I got it from a Hentai site)

Well, I just unlocked some cars in R4. It's a tough job but it's really fun. What's your favorite car in R4?

I just finished RRV (well almost finished, I still need to run the 99 Trial and get the Pacman car)
I liked it.
I've beaten every console RR that was made, but I've never heard of "Rave Racer"?

Originally posted by MistaX
I just finished RRV (well almost finished, I still need to run the 99 Trial and get the Pacman car)
I liked it.
I've beaten every console RR that was made, but I've never heard of "Rave Racer"?

Rave Racer was only released for the arcades. It's an old game with PS1-style graphics but the handling of the car is like R4's.

Originally posted by takumi64
Hentai

Ewwwwwwwwwww

:lol:

I swear the Squallo In RR4 kinda looks like the toyota GT1

Ridge Racer was the best one, i love the dodgy techno music
Rage racer was also good

Originally posted by Y2TUSCAN

Ewwwwwwwwwww

:lol:

I swear the Squallo In RR4 kinda looks like the toyota GT1

Ridge Racer was the best one, i love the dodgy techno music
Rage racer was also good

Squallo? From with manufacturer? Assoluto? Lizard? Terrazi? Age Solo?

It was the best car (bar the sick sick flying ones or rockets) for either the italian team or the japanese team. Also I managed to recreate the classic cars in ridge racer in rr4.

What was your fav car in the first rr game. Mine had to be the yellow car (I cant remember its propper name I always used to call the cars by the colour in that game) great acceleration, ok top speed, crap handling and good drifting. I wish I still had RR now maybe ill go see if I can buy a copy for £3 second hand.

Well, I just unlocked some cars in R4. It's a tough job but it's really fun. What's your favorite car in R4?

I don't have a special favorite car, bacause there was so many great cars to choose from.

I remember the Hovercraft thingy though. That one was really fun to drive once you could handle the insane drifting.

I really miss that game, but i can't play it since one of my friends have borrowed my old and trusty PS1.

Originally posted by CloneHead

I don't have a special favorite car, bacause there was so many great cars to choose from.

I remember the Hovercraft thingy though. That one was really fun to drive once you could handle the insane drifting.

I really miss that game, but i can't play it since one of my friends have borrowed my old and trusty PS1.

I think the car you're talking about is the Assoluto Vulcano. It's like some kind of fast hovertank. The only way to beat it is to use a Stage 4 car.

I think the car you're talking about is the Assoluto Vulcano. It's like some kind of fast hovertank. The only way to beat it is to use a Stage 4 car.

Yeah, that's the one

Attachments

• r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 54
Haha I remember that car!
Did anyone have the crazy one from Age (the french cars I think) it had 1 gear and accelerated like crazy, that car was sooo funny :lol:

I haven't tried using the Age Solo cars yet but maybe I'll give it a try this weekend. You know me, always looking forward to a good race at Helter Skelter...

Originally posted by Y2TUSCAN
Haha I remember that car!
Did anyone have the crazy one from Age (the french cars I think) it had 1 gear and accelerated like crazy, that car was sooo funny :lol:

:haha: That thing was insanity on wheels

You know I enjoyed playing RR4 up to a point where it became ultra hard (like if you skimmed the wall once you wouldnt be able to win) and where I realised that no matter how much they said the cars were different they just looked the same and handled differently depending on whatever racing team you picked. RR5 I just didnt like I was kinda dissapointed with it. Rage racer had to be the best when it came to the carrer mode although I could never drive that damn pickup truck.

Right now I'm using the Micro Mouse Mappy racing team because they're to finish the game with. As dor the Dig Racing Team, they're so tough to use, though I enjoyed driving their Assoluto Bisonte...

the one thing I really hate about rr4 was the intro if that geezer stopped for that woman that took forever to get through that tunnel he would have lost I reckon the other cars were only half a second behind him

I like the intro of R4. But I was wondering why Reiko Nagase went through the tunnel. Maybe she did it intentionally so she could take a ride in that Assoluto Bisonte.

Originally posted by ed99
Ridge Racer 4 was one of the worst games I've ever played... The :mad: handling of the cars was just well...awful!

well uhh, not to be an ass but do you know what drifting is? :odd:

Back