• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 119 comments
2c21f81d-657c-40c4-9516-469e07a272db-jpeg.792328

The Dottinger Hoe in the good ole days....striking

Room opens at noon Central
same deal :banghead:

90 min Gr4
one 5 min stop
will run gr4 and 3 if we have 10 or more.
Random grid
full damage

Be there!
22A24621-5CE8-4787-9A5B-3E62D4943DA7.jpeg

The Mountain

36BA994D-91C1-41A2-B87F-BEB85958E3B8.jpeg

Short practice races to get in the groove for the 2 hour next weekend after the actual Bathurst 12 Hours. Maybe a bit of boost too. Gr 4 Bop. Day and night.

96C9D834-B05D-4B7E-9EB1-5F1F2F36264B.jpeg

358C0D2B-3DEF-43CB-B529-E6C73F3E0E69.jpeg

Bathurst Twin 60s
Black and White

Two 60 minute races...one night....one day
Gr4
BOP
No tuning
No mandatory pit stops.
Night race first
15 minute break between races
You may change cars between races.
Grid will be “Whatever”

I’m in the Calsonic Godzilla. Please apply a livery or paint the car please

E2401AB3-8C29-4B8C-8D54-65A95C0B662D.jpeg

they got a two grid spot penalty for speeding in the pits but I havent been following the pitter patter as Im a little doped up ( more than normal!) due to having two implants put in lower jaw...and then the dental surgeon says gee we could take out that broken one in the top. I REALLY HATE eager beaver dentists.....so more “jabs” and then a guy “ wrenching “ out a very recalcitrant molar. The guy says no sweat the anathesitic will last a couple of hours...its a three hour drive home...:crazy:. It was a Stuoffers Mac and Cheese night. So I may have missed if they had a further penalty. But , still, not a bad run for an “old” car.

stream starts in 57 minutes....yeah I know Im a bit in love with this race which I have watched grow from a regional do to a truely top tier race on a magnificent race track.

Today we will travel to Japan for two 45 min races on the the latest GTS Japanese track Autopolis ( one for each layout) today . Gr4 for one and Gr3 for the other. Really great turn names BTW. The 30R ( turn 6) ,at the bottom , is a bit suggestive eh what. Remember US is now on Daylight Savings. Practice at noon US Central races start at 1330.
7BABBB5F-4728-4535-9513-EFCF8E2D7BCC.jpeg

12AF6073-ACB4-4D50-A377-8B785CBFA239.png

E529366B-5E91-4919-9430-C83447CB08E8.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopolis

C5D05DA9-11CF-493D-A1E5-2E2BADB9E1FC.jpeg
Back to the Ring. Autopolis was “interesting” but the Ring it is not. 👎

We should all be sated with TV races and be ready to do some of our own!
By tomorrow I will have watched 5 hours of WEC ( took the dogs to the parks in the middle!)
12 hours of Sebring, and 2 hours of F1.....plus two F1 practice sessions and Qualifying....an orgy of motorsports!

So....either Gr3 or 4 with a couple of one pit stop races....or boost races if we have less than 6 warm bodies.

1490882076-jkor139-john-ketchell-safe-landing.jpg

SUNDAY!

1330 Central same as normal:gtpflag:

Either Gr2,3, or 4..the majority rules.....unless we have more than 10 in which case we will do two classes.

45 min BOP No tuning Heavy Damage

I'll like to join as it's been while.
Yesterday I bought gr2 car to join FIA Nation cup but race never started for me even though I did race entry and waited race to start.
So it's 20.30 pm on my time and I like to try gr2 :)

Serious good fun, and even a REAL race, that proved once again that 5 guys can race for “awhile” without getting TOO bored.
After the token short race we rolled up our sleeves and proved yet again that 5 guys... and even 6, can boost race at the ring and constantly have their fun meters pegged while actually practicing overtaking maneuvers that “ might have been on”.
Thanks to Setted, Mike, Monoha, Marcus, and Ian, who wandered in and got right on with the program.

Condolences to long lost Javier, who upon his return, once again,failed to see Mike. We all know the solution. Guess who can host next week :lol:. It was good to “see “ you, so to speak,anyway.

Racing Gr3, Gr4, N200,300,500, and 600 ( never again) was enough for this ole Fhart ( I think that is German).

If there is interest in Sundays as well as Wednesdays let us know...

Racing today at 1330 Central US.
Boost racing unless we get 8 or more when we will race for an hour or more. Gt4 BOP NO TUNING. See ya

The tentative schedule for the June/July/Aug Quarter plus this weekend is:
31 May 60 Minutes Spa Gr 3/4

7 Jun 60 Minutes Nordschliefe Gr3/4
14 Jun 90 Minutes at Brands Hatch Gr3/4
21 Jun 90 Minutes at Spa Gr3/4
28 Jun 120 Minutes N24 Gr2/4

Jul 5 60 minutes Le Mans G1/G3/4
Jul 12 90 Minutes Le Mans G1/G3/4
Jul 19 90 Minutes at Bathurst Gr3/4
Jul 26 120 Minutes at Nordschliefe G2or 3 and Gr4

Aug 02 60 minutes Red Bull Ring Gr3/4
Aug 09 60 Minutes Brands Hatch Gr3/4
Aug 16 90 Minutes Spa Gr2/4
Aug 23 90 Minutes Monza Gr1/Gr3
Aug 30 3 hours N24 G2 and G4

We will swap some of the duplicate non Ring races out as soon as we get inputs from drivers. Boldface races are our main races...attend if at all possible

I have a money room open. Set for N400 and 12 hours at N24. Text here to let me know as I am not in my sim room

profile_mask2.png

Here is some info on @ZOPPO GT s1967 Le Mans.

Hans-Georg Zoch

12:08 PM (2 hours ago)

to HanS-iT9, Stefan, Ulrich, me, Claude
cleardot.gif

Hallo Freunde / hello friends

Hier ist schon mal die BOP für das Le Mans 1967 Rennen.
Here is the BOP for the Le Mans 1967 race.

Prototypes: Ferrari 330 P4 --------- 122 / 120
Ford GT 40 -------------- 126 / 86
Ford Mark IV ------------ 112 / 95

Sportscars: Corvette C2 ------------- 120 / 89
Ferrari GTO -------------- 126 / 86
Jaguar E-Type ---------- 130 / 86
Shelby Cobra 427 ----- 72 / 102
Shelby Daytona -------- 98 / 104
Shelby GT 350 ---------- 121 / 86

Jedem Fahrer sollte es möglich sein mit allen Protopypen sowie den Sportscars
persönlich identische Rundenzeiten zu fahren. Auch wenn der Topspeed auf der
Geraden unterschiedlich ist, so sollten doch die Rundenzeiten in der jeweiligen
Klasse gleich sein.

Every driver should be able to do personal identical laptimes with the prototypes
and the sportscars as well. The topspeed on the straight is different, but over all
should be the laptimes in every class the same.

Hey Zoppo do not forget to post this on your GTP site

Remember guys the Bold races are must (well....it would be greatly appreciate if you deigned to show up:sly:) and lower case are fun races just to keep some of us from getting totally bored.

Also the idea of the 6 hour races with driver changes is not dead...just waiting for enough 3 man teams. @MasterGT mentioned that he was going to form a team, as am I...I claim @GTP_Versatile as my rabbit as the Promoters Choice :lol:...I just need another average guy to fill us out .

I think what we will do is what Mike suggested and that is to spread out the fast guys (paired with slower guys) so each team is roughly as fast as each other. Thus Setted gets saddled with two average drivers, while Markus gets to pick a guy almost his speed and an average guy. ( we will try adding up lap times to get a rough idea of team speed)

When you get a chance go to the arcade and set up Interlagos in a Corvette Gr4 with Racing Soft tyres with verges real. Do as many laps as you want and tell what your fastest lap is. (Make sure to keep that lap so it can be shared if there are any questions ...like why my times is Faster than Markus...LOL) Post your time here and I'll start making a list. In my case I'm going to pound around for a bit, push for two or three and list it. It is not about how fast you are down to the micro dot...its what speed range you are in generally speaking. It will become obvious by where you fall on the list as to where you belong. Then we look at the list when someone wants to form a team. While 3 aliens need not apply for a team, If three average to dead slow guys want to race together just for fun....go for it. The idea is to have teams that wish to be fighting for the top in with a shout.

Also to explain how a CASCADE (waterfall) race works.

The room will be set to a class of car and BOPd with tuning off and a tire selected....say Gr4 Racing Softs.

All the guys in the room will pick a car for the driver below or above them. The first one is done by the drivers in the room. Starting at the top of the Driver menu, the highest driver picks a car for the 2d, the second picks one for the 3d....and so forth till you get to the bottom when that driver picks the car for the 1st driver. After the race is completed, the finishing order of the previous race is used, and the process is reversed and we start at the bottom, and pick for the guy above. This way you get to pick for different people.

5C0861D6-F26B-427B-B9FE-5E65B4E2B342.jpeg
Room opens about noon. The race will be one hour at Spa for 3/4. Since this an off week we will also do some Cascades, and if we can get @geeTeye back maybe a pursuit race.

Back