The Road to the 229 Day 100%

• Thread starter kideng
  • 75 comments
Note: The first 2 Time Trials has 2 sets of time because I forgot to save so I had to redo it.

Time Trial 1 - Midfield
I was constantly able to beat the demo's time on both checkpoints. But my handling of the hairpin was far from desirable. Finally got it on the fifth try.
Time: 1'25.171, 1'25.299

Attachments

• tt1.sps
    36.7 KB · Views: 44
Oh, so are you going to post a replay of all the tts or something?

Time Trial 2 - Trial Mountain
This one is all about momentum. With a low power Miata, any sharp turn you make will result in a loss in speed. It took a little while. Again, the first 2 checkpoints were a breeze to beat. It's from the hairpin after the straight to the third checkpoint that was giving me problems. Had to memorize the speeds I had to maintain before I was able to get through that last series of turns with a decent time.
Time: 1'46.951, 1'47.177

Attachments

• tt2.sps
    37.5 KB · Views: 12
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Oh, so are you going to post a replay of all the tts or something?
Time trials and some of the more significant races. :D
Doing all the license might be too tedious though.
kideng

hey i have question it may be off the subject but in GT3 can u get 100% in simulation mode cause ive beaten all races in arcade & simulation.

Time Trial 3 - Tokyo R247
The length of this course made the time trial kinda tedious. The S2000 felt a lot like driving a Miata, but less responsive almost like a FF car. It took me quite a few tries. And I'm done for the night.
Time: 2'01.968

Attachments

• tt3.sps
    37.8 KB · Views: 10
Time Trial 4 - Deep Forest
Man, the default settings on the Skyline sucks. Luckily the course it one of the simpler ones. Only the first hairpin and the last fast turn require any real attention. Took me many tries though.
Time: 1'25.185

Attachments

• tt4.sps
    37 KB · Views: 6
Time Trial 5 - Laguna Seca
When I saw that it was a viper going through LS, I was thinking, what next? Escudo through Monaco? But when I saw the demo, I noticed that the driver was very careful, so the time wasn't that difficult to beat.
Time: 1'22.643

Attachments

• tt5.sps
    36.6 KB · Views: 6
Time Trial 6 - Apricot Hill
Finally, a high power car with good handling. Of all the time trials, this has to be the easiest not only because of the car, but the placement of the checkpoints. 4 tries was all it took.
Time: 1'16.822

Attachments

• tt6.sps
    36.6 KB · Views: 8
Time Trial 7 - Grand Valley
Mugen NSX, another good car, with a slightly more difficult course. My only problem was from checkpoint 3 to finish.
Time: 1'48.073

Attachments

• tt7.sps
    37.1 KB · Views: 7
Time Trial 10 - Complex String
This is where I earn that Esperante GTR-1. Nearly 5 minutes of the most unreasonable series of turns a driver will ever see. I skipped over the rally trials for now because I don't want to switch to rally mode and back to turmac only to face this monstrousity. Just the the portion up to checkpoint 1 took me a good 10 minutes to master (I restarted the trial if I don't make 49.1). Then came the corners, which were relatively easy. The only thing to watch for is the last corner, ensuring that you have a good exit speed. The bubbles were not that bad since Yamauchi wasn't following a good line for it. The section between checkpoint 1 and checkpoint 2 took me about 5 minutes to get a competitive time. The first time I passed checkpoint 3, I realized that I was already beating the demo's time, so I just went with it. I know I lost time to Yamauchi between checkpoint 2 and the finish, but it was still enough for me to finish first. I have to say it wasn't nearly as painful as my first attempt two years ago.
Time: 4'52.110

Attachments

• tt10.sps
    39.8 KB · Views: 12
Time Trial 8 - Swiss Alps
The time on this TT is very good. Probably because it is such a fun course to drive on, the developers must had a lot of practice before doing their time trial times. Trying to improve on checkpoint 1 was a lost cause, I could only beat that by .200 second once and most of the time I was just matching it. I eventually beat the course time, but it's all a blur in my head now.
Time: 1'22.897

And I just realized that I plowed through 5 TT's in one evening. Just TT9 left, I'll save that for tomorrow.

Attachments

• tt8.sps
    37 KB · Views: 7
Oh, ok. i didn't know that. I knew that the licences had some different times on some but not on TT's. But i've heard that NTSC cant turn ASM/TCS of in TT's so i suppose that mkes up for the sloer times :)

I think the PAL version was released before the NTSC one and they probably had people complain about how difficult the gold time is for some of the licenses/TT.
kideng

Game Day 1-4:
Since I need to do the Tahiti Maze for TT and Test R-8 uses the same course, I figure I would do them both at the same time. But of course, before doing R-8, I have to complete R-1 through R-7. I plan to get all gold on my rally license, so I either have to get gold on the tests or not doing them at all. I plowed through 1-4 with relative ease. R-5 was giving me some problems when I had to leave for a Peter Gabriel concert (It was absolutely brilliant, BTW) at the Shoreline. I'm exhausted so I'll do the rest tomorrow.
kideng

Ah, you might have missed my answer on post #8 of this thread. My last 100% I've only completed all bronze on the S. My assessment of my skills at this point tells me that I would be able to get all silver on the S at best, possibly a couple of gold on courses I'm more familiar with.
kideng

Game Day 8:
TT9 and License Test R-8 was a piece of cake after all the rally practice I've had. Rally is completely golded.
Cars Received:
Esperante GTR-1 for Completing Time Trials
Impreza Rally Car Prototype for All Gold on Rally License

Game Day 9-22:
Bought NA2 for the GTR-1 and raced a few races. It somehow seemed wrong. So I decided to get started on the rest of the licenses. Golded all of B with ease.

Races Done:
All of Sunday Cup
Rome and SS5 of Clubman
Apricot of FR Challenge (Beg)

Cars Received:
Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex for Sunday Cup
Mazda MX-5 Miata LS for All Gold on B License

Game Day 23-30:
I actually golded A-7 last night. Took me 50 minutes to complete. Then today the other 7 took me like maybe an hour to gold...

Car Received:
Mazda RX-8 for All Gold on A License

Back