THE 'SERIOUS RACING SERIES'. Sundays, 20:30 British time, bi-weekly. 10/12 signed up.

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 70 comments
Hi guys, after some back and forth (with past history of attendance) I would really like to participate in this.

If there is space @Zolon32 I'll be the twelfth contender. #79 please

See you on track

Hi guys, after some back and forth (with past history of attendance) I would really like to participate in this.

If there is space @Zolon32 I'll be the twelfth contender. #79 please

See you on track
You're in 👍

Chaps, I'm away from first thing tomorrow morning, until the afternoon of Friday 29th March. Being super-technophobe I don't have any facility to access GTPlanet in the interim period, but I'll get straight on to any queries as soon as I get back. GET THOSE PORSCHES READY!

Cheers, Zo.

Cool, cheers Zo

So who is running without ABS? I intend too, and have done most of my testing in the Porsche without it. When I turned it on to try and see if I was much faster, I struggled to get the porky pig to keep up!

I think that most are going zero, and I also think that you are right about the relative pace with it on or off. There are some tracks where going zero causes me issues , but on the whole I think there's littler difference.

My initial concern was following closely in the braking zones, I tend to find that 0 ABS, requires an earlier and less aggressive braking approach. If your being tailed by someone running with ABS, they may be caught unaware and end up in your chuff!

To me this is managed with good racecraft, but not everyone has that. Hopefully thought, it will not be a problem with this group.

If Any one is interested I am currently getting some practice in for Sunday’s

I shall have this up for about an hour (so approx until 8PM)

All done now.

Last edited:
Apologies @Zolon32 , after months of absence, I've just logged on to post a thread and saw your message.

I'll participate if there's any space left please my good man. (no.70 is fine).

Apologies @Zolon32 , after months of absence, I've just logged on to post a thread and saw your message.

I'll participate if there's any space left please my good man. (no.70 is fine).
No problems Nuts, I've been offline myself for a while. You're in 👍

I guess I'd better get a bit of practice in for Sunday...

No problems Nuts, I've been offline myself for a while. You're in 👍

I guess I'd better get a bit of practice in for Sunday...

Thanks Z.

Not sure on the protocol for the number plate @Venari

Is ABS optional or banned?

See Y'all in Kent on Sunday.

Protocol: Look at my profile on PSNGTS, download my decal for the 'SRS' numberplate. Stick it on your car on both sides, front, and possible reduced in size on the rear... put your numbers on them. Size and location is up to you - make it look good. Easy.

If you want me to make you a combined numberplate, let me know today with your number. If you want my original SVG, send me your email address by PM.

Is ABS optional or banned?
Initially my thoughts were to ban it Nuts. However, at some events where people were attempting to go without, some found it near impossible. So, I've compromised. Those who turn ABS off will get a bonus point for each race they participate in that way. Those who want to use ABS can.

Points; same points from both races?
Yes Jammy. Both races will score the same points, with a fastest lap bonus point for the driver who gets... fastest lap, one for each race.
I'm hoping that this system will make the second race, where we all have various power levels, highly interesting. The driver with the lowest power will already have bagged top points from the first race. How many can he (apologies for the sexist assumption, but I don't think that we have any ladies among us) snatch in the second?

download my decal for the 'SRS' numberplate.
Jeepers! I'm glad this was mentioned. Better bang some on my Porsche :dopey:

Cheers, Zo.

6278660077571310104_0.jpg

Example placement on the gold & green Hobbs of London & BP Liveried 991.

Also, no ABS in the 991 with sticks is impossible. Straight on into the kitty litter, turn 1, every time.

I am considering getting the wheel down, but I've nothing to attach it to here in the Doghouse.

Last edited:
Also, can we insert a new car or two into the mix? (e.g. Stratos ilo A110?) :D

Also, can we insert a new car or two into the mix? (e.g. Stratos ilo A110?) :D
The problem with that kind of thing is that it can easily get completely out of hand, and I'd soon have thirty suggestions. And, someone else might be looking at the Stratos and thinking 'Good god, NO!'

Sorry. You could always post something for one of the vacant weeks, or a Tuesday evening.

@bloodyboyblue @Team_SWE_1 @Sparkz_360 @buybon355 @Famine @JockeP22 @jammy21 @numbnuts70 @hobbsy @docbrown40

Fellas, I just want to summarise the meeting for tonight.

Tyre degradation will be 4X, fuel use will be 2X.

First race will be 12 laps, and the second, 36 laps.

I will open the room as early as I can, but that might not be much before 9:00pm BST.

At 9:05pm the track will be reset. Qualifying will be from 9:05-9:11pm, when the race will start, with a fastest first grid, false start in place (No shouting go, BB :)). Please don't lose your grid slot through quitting off the track in the minutes leading up to the start, and for heaven's sake, make sure you are on at 9:11.

The result of the first race will determine your power setting for the second. The one who wins the first will set his car to 88% power, and the others will be as follows;

2nd 91%
3rd 94%
4th 97%
5th 100%
6th 103%
7th 106%
8th 109%
9th 112%
10th 115%
11th 118%
12th 121%

It would help if you could make a note of these fellas, so that you can go straight to the correct setting, without needing telling what the appropriate one is.

We will kick the second race off as soon as we all have the correct power settings.

There will be a bonus point for fastest lap in each race, and a bonus point each race for anyone who races with ABS switched off.

And remember, damage will be on HEAVY!

Finally, the only penalty setting will be weak shortcut. I don't think that Brands will throw up many penalties, but if you do get one, you must lift right off the throttle within ten seconds of being given it, and stay off the throttle until the penalty is spent (You can brake to get rid of it quicker). Please chaps, aim to miss any coasting, ghosting penalised car. Remember, damage is heavy.

Well, that's about it. I look forward to seeing you tonight, and good luck to all who take part. I hope it is really interesting, in a good way.

Cheers, Zo.

Just for clarity, we've changed our clocks today but we're still shooting for 9pm UK time right? This might mean Europe is an hour earlier than usual

One more then for consideration. Nose-to-tail tapping. Tapping contact, accidental or otherwise, costs the toucher a point. :mischievous:

I'm rubbish at braking early enough anyhow, but if someone can claim a point off me I'll drive more carefully.

Last edited:
Just to let you know and to let any wildcards to participate, I'm gonna have to pull out of tonights race, time constraints and life interfering, apologies @Zolon32

Just for clarity, we've changed our clocks today but we're still shooting for 9pm UK time right? This might mean Europe is an hour earlier than usual
Yup

Just to let you know and to let any wildcards to participate, I'm gonna have to pull out of tonights race, time constraints and life interfering, apologies @Zolon32
Sorry about that Nuts. Hopefully see you next time. Cheers fella.

Room up guys!

Sorry guys. Too many mistakes of my own and I battered Famine twice, letting BBB through on both occasions. And then I realised what time it was. I can't do this timeslot if it runs this long. Move it an hour earlier, maybe you got a deal.

I'd vote for an 8pm start

I would as well. The 2nd race seems like it’s going to go beyond my girlfriend coming home from work.

My car was absolute garbage after the pit stop in the 2nd race tonight. I stopped trying too hard after that. It was relatively competitive before that, but was 1.5 seconds slower after.

Liked the power adjustments for the 2nd race, on tracks like this anyway. Might be harder to overcome on ones with long straights but I guess that’s the fun of it.

Only thing I don’t like is that having to serve penalties within 10 seconds thing, causes people to burn them off in less than ideal situations. Should be you have to serve them at the next straightaway or safe place, if there’s someone behind you anyway.

ABS off definitely gives the cars more unique characters.

That was a big disapointment that I was not able to run the 2nd race due to I was stuck on start line twice, thanks all that you tried to restart for me.
I have never had that kind of problem before.
If the time is pushed back to 8 o´clock it means that I can´t be there as we have an event at PureGT that will overlap but it´s not a biggie to me so just choose the time slot that suit the most drivers.

PureGT_GOOFY

A bit to discuss here...

Anyway, let's get the report on last night's meeting out of the way, with pictorial representations.

Famine seems to forget where the road goes
SRS Famine not turning left.jpg

BB makes an early pass on Jocke on his way to a great win!
SRS BB passes jocke.jpg

Jammy pushes those big fat tyres hard to stay ahead of Famine
SRS jammy pushing.jpg

Award for dubious move of the night goes to...
SRS dubious move.jpg

In the first race Blue and Mark had a belting scrap, with Blue looking at the side of Mark's motor a lot of the time.
SRS mark sideways.jpg

But Blue got through on the last lap
SRS blue takes mark.jpg

Finishing around half a second apart, with Jammy closing in
SRS finish.jpg

The result of the first race: (*=fastest lap. +=Bonus ABS point)

1st Blue +.

2nd Mark.

3rd Jammy +*.

4th Famine.

5th Zo +.

6th Goofy.

7th BB.

8th Jocke.

Result of race two:

1st BB.

2nd Jammy +.

3rd Zo +.

4th Jocke *.

5th Blue +.

6th Famine.

7th Mark.

8th Goofy.

The upshot of all the above results and bonus points is that Jammy currently has 26 points.

Blue is on 25,

Zo on 22,

BB on 21,

Mark on 19,

Famine on 18,

Jocke on 17,

and Goofy is on 14.

Now, what else is there to discuss?

Ahaa! The penalties. @bloodyboyblue I realise that my plan isn't perfect Blue, but I honestly think it's the best we can make of what we have at the moment. There are a couple of issues with giving people discretion as to when they will serve the time. Where do you find a straight piece of track at Brands? What if, whilst looking for that straight, you burn some of the penalty off, should you serve a bit more than is left when you fully lift off? Finally, how do you judge whether someone is too close behind you?

I'm as annoyed as anyone that we don't have a decent system in lobbies, perhaps it will come with an update before too long.

@Sparkz_360 @Famine @JockeP22 @jammy21 @numbnuts70 @hobbsy @docbrown40

Fellas, please post which would be your preference, 8:00pm (edited to include 8:30)or 9:00pm start, we already have Blue and BB voting for 8 and Goofy for 9. We will go with the majority. I'd like to say that subsequent meetings won't take as long as last night, but experience tell me that something will always mess things up and delay us :(

Well, I think that's it for now, I'm exhausted!

See you soon, Zo.

EDIT: Famine, it's sooooo true. I even banged the X button for no reason at all while I was in the pits, and spat myself out without having my damage repaired! What an IDIOT!

Last edited:
Fellas, please post which would be your preference, 8:00pm or 9:00pm start, we already have Blue and BB voting for 8 and Goofy for 9. We will go with the majority. I'd like to say that subsequent meetings won't take as long as last night, but experience tell me that something will always mess things up and delay us :(
Would 8.30 work for @Team_SWE_1?

Back