The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,168 comments
The Tracklimits on the Le Mans WTC 700 are also weird sometimes and very frustrating, it feels like they are not consistent?,
The example below, the first one i was allready surprised but ok, but it's the second one in the first video that annoyes me, this same line with another car and no problem, no penalty?

The inside tracklimit of the chicane also seems rather sensitive sometimes, don't get it, how can this be different on same events?,
or maby it's just me? :lol:

PD liveries & customised cars for AI.

20970037489630740.jpg

20970978707513850.jpg

They know full well the racing history of these cars. They did the same in GT Sport with the Real Circuit Tours AI. Even the Update trailer featuring the Sierra, had that car driving around Bathurst, instead of Brands Hatch or Nurburgring. Above, it’s pretty much a reference to the Brock Sierra.
1672983705679.jpeg

The M3 doesn’t need explanation, but c’mon. I‘m happy we got two E30s. Surely, the Group A touring car would have been more significant. However, I realise giving us the road cars and basic parts, are probably cheaper than paying for the classic race cars to feature in this game.

Again. I’m happy the cars are in the game, but PD are such teases.

My list
1/ Not being able to go the next part of the circuit experience with out backing out through menu’s.
2/ Each track needs a tick sheet on front page. Rather than going into so many sub menu’s to see what I have left to complete.
3/ Roulette ticket system
4/ Engine swap system. ( Please let me buy them)
5/ Need one make races so loads more cars have a use. More different type of races in general.
6/ More championships.
7/ Micro-transactions being in a AAA game.

Thank you

Last edited:
It's annoying that the car sound in 3rd person view does not change when turning the camera, my car should not sound exactly the same when looking back. I think even the older Gran Turismos had this implemented.

Jackie Chan and me, we are mind boggling wondering why there is still no option for us to customize the HUD.

I don't need the full HUD.
The partial HUD is useless.

I love the HUD turned off, but sometimes I do need some minimal info, which I cannot...

Kaz forcing me to have the full HUD is extremely annoying to Jackie Chan and me .

Edit:
When I am home, sometimes I just want to admire my cars... But I can't do that without having to select it...
But I don't want to select the car, because the car I checked out is the one I still need to drive around...

Why can't there be an option to select a car just for the purpose to look and admire it, without to check it out and bump the other out.

There should be a way to show your garage in another way...

I remember GT5 and GT6 have it slightly better your home garage....

I don't like the GT7 home... It doesn't feel homy...

Last edited:
The pit lane animation....

WTH is going on there...
I always feel like it is take an eternity for my car to go through pit lane...
I feel like I am Losing time and position every time.
I like how the AI cars magically disappear from the map when they enter pit lane. I well never forget my reaction to the first time I saw that. :lol:

The pit lane animation....

WTH is going on there...
I always feel like it is take an eternity for my car to go through pit lane...
I feel like I am Losing time and position every time.

I can't understand why the game locks us out completely during the pit cycle, either.

As someone else has said on this forum previously, no reason we can't use race chat or go into game settings or even change the MFD or camera angle

Players crashing into others and the track barriers in public cruise/chill/car show lobbies. If you can't drive or set up your car properly to keep it on the road and you have complete disregard for others and yourself, maybe public lobbies isn't for you? Only thing more annoying in said lobbies: Tomahawk and Red Bull trolls with equally low driving skills (hosts randomly closing full lobbies without any prior notice only gets honorably mentioned here).

Last edited:
Think that’s maybe your connection buddy! I’ve never had issues with connecting to the servers (apart from that infamous day!)
Yeah it's sorted now however when it did disconnect it was getting stuck in offline mode even when it was back on, if i can blame PD in any way I will 🤣

I guess here would be the best place to put this...

So there are tons of things that annoy me about GT7, from missing features and content to incredibly poorly thought out game design, it's pretty much got it all.

That said, if I had to pick one thing that annoys me the most it would have to be how the game deals with 'car collecting', so much so that I spent the past month making a video to detail exactly how I feel about it. If you've got 20 mins to spare please take a look and tell me what you think. Enjoy!

Any criticism is welcome but bear in mind this is my first time making a video like this and I've essentially had to learn basic video production entirely on my own, so please be kind!

Last edited:
I've said it before, but I can't stress enough how much it annoys me that we can't put tire decals on any tire....drives me absolutely crazy! My Cobra just doesn't look how it should without some big fat Goodyear Eagles...
THIS!^!!!!!!^

YOU CAN GET LETTERING/WHITE WALL BY SELECTING SPORTS TIRES ONLY...
(on applicable cars, of course.)

We want raised letters and white walls! 😍
(In racing category too! Not sport and comfort)
20230111_164354.jpg

I guess here would be the best place to put this...

So there are tons of things that annoy me about GT7, from missing features and content to incredibly poorly thought out game design, it's pretty much got it all.

That said, if I had to pick one thing that annoys me the most it would have to be how the game deals with 'car collecting', so much so that I spent the past month making a video to detail exactly how I feel about it. If you've got 20 mins to spare please take a look and tell me what you think. Enjoy!

Any criticism is welcome but bear in mind this is my first time making a video like this and I've essentially had to learn basic video production entirely on my own, so please be kind!

That's a really well put togeher analysis. There's a couple of points you brought up that I hadn't thought about, but when I think about the various reasons the game just doesn't engage me as much as older titles they make sense.

I stand by the fact GT7 is a huge missed opportunity, the groundwork is all there for it to have been by far the best single player GT experience to date, but they've messed with the formula that made the earlier titles great too much and in ways that have made the experience more restrictive instead of opening it up even more, and it's a shame.

That's not to say never change a formula, even one that works, but I'm not a fan of many of the changes that they have actually made myself. I'd have opened the game up more and offered more choice and freedom rather than go the menu book route.

Reading Kaz's comments over the years though it makes sense, he's often talking about a younger audience who aren't as interested in cars and hand holding etc. And GT7 is a very hand holding game outside of the occasional tough race/mission and odd design choices that complicate menu's rather than simplify.

But those things aside, the game really feels like a glorified tutorial for the most part. It's clear that's the audience he's targeting now, and those who still yearn for the more classic, open experience of older titles may just find that expeirence is gone (in a GT title at least).

Last edited:
That's a really well put togeher analysis. There's a couple of points you brought up that I hadn't thought about, but when I think about the various reasons the game just doesn't engage me as much as older titles they make sense.

I stand by the fact GT7 is a huge missed opportunity, the groundwork is all there for it to have been by far the best single player GT experience to date, but they've messed with the formula that made the earlier titles great too much and in ways that have made the experience more restrictive instead of opening it up even more, and it's a shame.

That's not to say never change a formula, even one that works, but I'm not a fan of many of the changes that they have actually made myself. I'd have opened the game up more and offered more choice and freedom rather than go the menu book route.

Reading Kaz's comments over the years though it makes sense, he's often talking about a younger audience who aren't as interested in cars and hand holding etc. And GT7 is a very hand holding game outside of the occasional tough race/mission and odd design choices that complicate menu's rather than simplify.

But those things aside, the game really feels like a glorified tutorial for the most part. It's clear that's the audience he's targeting now, and those who still yearn for the more classic, open experience of older titles may just find that expeirence is gone (in a GT title at least).
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah that's pretty much exactly how I feel about it as well. TBH, I can envision a version of GT7 where they kept the usual open-ended experience of the older games but just added the menu books as guidance perhaps for newer players who might've felt a bit lost. To me that would've been a good compromise.

Like you say, they really had all the tools to make GT7 truly special but it seems as though they just don't have the interest to make a game like that anymore, one that appeals to people like us who yearn for that feeling of the older titles but incorporating new elements (in-depth tuning and customisation, dynamic time and weather, etc.) to make what I would consider to be the 'ultimate' Gran Turismo experience.

Gran Turismo is not the same franchise it has been in the past, and it seems as though we're just going to have to accept this new direction if we want to remain as fans. Well, unless the FM reboot turns out to be really good...

Pressing exit but you wanna change your mind , hmm can't go back must exit grr :), also the slow down in replays on ps5 is too often, Gt Sport feels more polished. Just feels like they are pushing the limits too much or the game needs optimization.

Last edited:
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah that's pretty much exactly how I feel about it as well. TBH, I can envision a version of GT7 where they kept the usual open-ended experience of the older games but just added the menu books as guidance perhaps for newer players who might've felt a bit lost. To me that would've been a good compromise.

Like you say, they really had all the tools to make GT7 truly special but it seems as though they just don't have the interest to make a game like that anymore, one that appeals to people like us who yearn for that feeling of the older titles but incorporating new elements (in-depth tuning and customisation, dynamic time and weather, etc.) to make what I would consider to be the 'ultimate' Gran Turismo experience.

Gran Turismo is not the same franchise it has been in the past, and it seems as though we're just going to have to accept this new direction if we want to remain as fans. Well, unless the FM reboot turns out to be really good...

If you assume that PD was trying to take a beloved franchise and turn out the best version of it ever (which sometimes means making departures from the formula), many of the decisions in this game are utterly baffling.

If, however, you assume that PD wanted to use their IP to cash in on the live services model via micro-transactions, then the design decisions make perfect sense. They are all designed to push you in the direction of collecting cars, and to make the in-game method of collecting those cars just frustrating enough while hinting at something great that you’ll purchase in-game credits with real money instead.

Sure PD relented and upped the in-game rewards in response to backlash, but they haven’t changed the core gameplay loop, which is built around forcing you to collect cars you don’t want so you can unlock content that you do, and making many in-game gatekeeping challenges more frustrating than fun.

Can we seriously only have 100 million credits at a time?! I can’t just grind the necessary amount to buy all the legend cars and be done, I have to wait for more cars to appear to spend the money before I get more money. Is that right?

Can we seriously only have 100 million credits at a time?! I can’t just grind the necessary amount to buy all the legend cars and be done, I have to wait for more cars to appear to spend the money before I get more money. Is that right?
You can only have 100M free credits. There is no limit to paid credits

Back